ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier

First I’ve seen of UK being linked to Lanier. Could be a nice backup plan if Robinson is out.

Problem is we probably won’t know “if Robinson is out” for some time. He’s going through the NBA draft evaluation process, which means he likely won’t make his decision until late.

We need to go ahead and fill out our roster as if he’s not an option. And then if he later does later become available .,.hey, what a happy bonus!

Can't go wrong with Lanier, Robinson, or Poplar.

Lanier's numbers are eye dropping, especially for a primary scorer on a team that other teams could scout and prepare for. Despite being that guy, Lanier shot over 51% from the floor and 44% from three. A good rebounder, too, for a guy who weighs less than 200 pounds. He got to the line a ton, too, with almost 8 free throw attempts/game (at an 88% shooting clip).

Lanier took 13 shots/game last year for North Florida. At Kentucky, that number is probably closer to 10 or 11, but he would still come in from day one and be our primary scoring option on the perimeter.

He's been the one I've wanted since about a week ago when his name first dropped. Having him and Oweh on the wing gives you a UConn-level wing corps.

Last edited:
Problem is we probably won’t know “if Robinson is out” for some time. He’s going through the NBA draft evaluation process, which means he likely won’t make his decision until late.

We need to go ahead and fill out our roster as if he’s not an option. And then if he later does later become available .,.hey, what a happy bonus!
That's very likey to be Pope's steps. Cow sure as hell would wait around. Can't hurt feels!

Reactions: BlueSince92
Sure seems like all of the buzz is Maryland or Tennessee. With the 48 our cool down period I guess Friday will be when the last players trickle into the portal. Still lots of options and we have done so well thus far just to be competitive given the situation is all u can ask for in year 1. A reclass could change everything but won’t hear anything about that until mid July.

Pope will save a spot for Robinson. He knows what is going on with him more than what is out there. He WILL fill out the roster, but he will also save a couple of spots for post NBA draft deadline players. Pope has his eyes on a couple late signings, be patient. This roster building is far from over, I expect a couple of really solid pieces to be added very late. Kind of like the Garrison signing, you will not hear anything about them, until they sign.

Reactions: JASUN74
Yes, we have reached out and emphasized how badly we'd like to see him visit us. But I think we're carrying a B B Gun in an elephant hunt. His home state is Tennessee. Uphill climb but we gotta try
Depending on where the BB gun is aimed, would be the way forward.

Reactions: JASUN74
Hopefully next year goes smoother and we can bring in some freshmen, keep a few players , and not have to build the entire team on the portal🤞

Pope and co are doing an Ok job but this season was gonna be rough with any coach we hired outside of possibly Drew and of course there was no guarantee he could have brought his recruits or key players with him.

Reactions: track42
Pope has done a great job assembling most of the team. He just needs a couple more “dudes” that can be big time scorers when needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT