ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier NOT in Lexington

Chaos Grenade Payday GIF - Chaos Grenade Chaos Payday GIFs

MJ and Vince Marrow are very close. MJ has a ton of inside knowledge with football.

I dont think Matt really has any inside scoop with basketball right now. Im sure Pope likes Matt and such, but I have heard nothing from his mouth that would make me think Matt has any basketball insider knowledge at the moment.

When Matt talks about basketball recruiting, he talks with extreme generalities. It reminds me of a fortune teller, trying to say something that makes them sound like they are credible without really saying anything that isnt common knowledge.

Did Ryan agree with ANYTHING Matt said ?
I think people get the Ryan Lemond thing wrong when they say he just agrees with anything Matt Jones says. I think it’s broader and a different thing going on than just being about Jones. If you listen to the KSR radio show very much you’ll notice that Ryan almost always prefaces his statements or opinions with “We all agree” or “Like we talked about” or “We all want…” It’s pretty obvious that he is afraid of being on an island with his thoughts or having an opinion different than the majority. He never wants to take a definitive position until he hears what others say. And I think it’s mostly reflective of the fact that he doesn’t like to put any effort into preparing or researching something, or really having to think too deeply about anything. He seems to be happy relying on cliches and perceived common wisdom.

But the thing is I think he’s actually a smart guy with good takes. You see it come out if he is kind of caught off guard and speaks without thinking about what others will think about what he just said. Basically, what I’m trying to say is I think Lemond gets a bad rap – or better to say the wrong rap. I don’t think it’s per se a Matt Jones thing. Just my opinion from listening to that show’s podcast for a while now.

Didnt Matt say he had a good source that said he personally seen him at the Airport or was standing right next to him or something like that lol.
Yes and No. He qualified it by saying it was according to a rando on the text machine. But also, take a lil responsibility of what you repeat on the radio.

Reactions: CarolinaCatsFan
I think people get the Ryan Lemond thing wrong when they say he just agrees with anything Matt Jones says. I think it’s broader and a different thing going on than just being about Jones. If you listen to the KSR radio show very much you’ll notice that Ryan almost always prefaces his statements or opinions with “We all agree” or “Like we talked about” or “We all want…” It’s pretty obvious that he is afraid of being on an island with his thoughts or having an opinion different than the majority. He never wants to take a definitive position until he hears what others say. And I think it’s mostly reflective of the fact that he doesn’t like to put any effort into preparing or researching something, or really having to think too deeply about anything. He seems to be happy relying on cliches and perceived common wisdom.

But the thing is I think he’s actually a smart guy with good takes. You see it come out if he is kind of caught off guard and speaks without thinking about what others will think about what he just said. Basically, what I’m trying to say is I think Lemond gets a bad rap – or better to say the wrong rap. I don’t think it’s per se a Matt Jones thing. Just my opinion from listening to that show’s podcast for a while now.

I can appreciate that Ryan Lemond is a good and noble person. But he’s also a complete goober. The dude couldn’t even name our complete roster this morning. And half the ones he did name he botched their names. The man has made a career out of being Matt Jones’ court jester, basically. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating. More power to him lol. But let’s not act like he’s anything but that.

I can appreciate that Ryan Lemond is a good and noble person. But he’s also a complete goober. The dude couldn’t even name our complete roster this morning. And half the ones he did name he botched their names. The man has made a career out of being Matt Jones’ court jester, basically. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating. More power to him lol. But let’s not act like he’s anything but that.
Not sure if he is a good or noble person

Reactions: thedahc
LOL, "word is," "my source says," "guy on X heard from a guy..." its madness how quickly people either pass along sketchy "info" as if it were the truth or claim to know anything about this situation.
LOL, it is becoming too much. "I am hearing" = "I read it on the internet from some jack leg and don't want to look less of an insider". The moment I read the words "I am hearing" I know the poster if FOS. (Full of Shit) and is about as connected as my dog is.

Reactions: jace2012
What was the "anything" you think I was making Lemond out to be? I said he puts no effort into preparing. If you're saying he's stupid, I disagree.

Reactions: JASUN74
Chaz Lanier is supposedly asking 1.8 million from Pope & UK & considerations to help his family relocate.

If UK says yes, look for Lanier to be a Wildcat by the end of the week.

Tennessee was given the same option.
That's ridiculous.

Feels like one of those "late spring signees" in the old recruiting days where just because he is unsigned, he gets treated like he's a top 10 recruit.

I really hope UK doesn't pay Chaz Lanier $1.8M+ to play basketball.

What an unsustainable model.

If that is the ask there is no way I see Pope continuing to recruit him. He already backed away from a player asking about the same NIL who signed at Washington. Go find someone who averaged a couple of points less a game on a P5 team that isnt asking for millions but maybe $500,000 or a little more

Chaz Lanier is supposedly asking 1.8 million from Pope & UK & considerations to help his family relocate.

If UK says yes, look for Lanier to be a Wildcat by the end of the week.

Tennessee was given the same option.
So not off much from the Great One Osobor. Would we have been better off just going ahead and getting Osobor and put him at the three since we have so many really good guards?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT