ADVERTISEMENT

Chaz Lanier #1 in offensive efficiency last year.

He's had plenty of time to choose Tennessee if he was such a lock there. Yet he hasn't, I think he ends up elsewhere. We should use our new war chest to bring this guy aboard. Then we can pre-order our 2024-2025 Final Four tickets.

He's had plenty of time to choose Tennessee if he was such a lock there. Yet he hasn't, I think he ends up elsewhere. We should use our new war chest to bring this guy aboard. Then we can pre-order our 2024-2025 Final Four tickets.
He is going through the draft process first

Reactions: WildcatSir
Guys, don't do this to yourselves. There is ZERO chance, LESS than zero, that Lanier comes to Kentucky.

Forget it and move on.

Maryland and Tennessee are seen as the two frontrunners. That said, Pope said there was multiple guys in the NBA draft process that they were waiting to see about.

Add in the fact that no one saw the Garrison or Kriisa additions coming, and the hope is that Kentucky is in there as well.

Lanier has a "do not contact" tag as well as he goes through the draft process.
He's from Tennessee so it'll be a task to secure a commitment.

He would make up for the loss of Osobor. Being able to play the one or two our backcourt would be electrifying. Being 6-4 200 we could probably go with three guards in some situations. Imagine for a moment Lanier, Brea and Kerr together. Lightning strikes all over the court.

He's from Tennessee so it'll be a task to secure a commitment.
He looks like a heavy Tennessee lean, but it's only 3 hours and change from Nashville to Lexington. Lanier's family lives in Nashville. It's a 2 hour and 45 minute drive from Nashville to Knoxville.

If he wants to be around family, Kentucky still puts him close to them.

If he contacted US, then it's only to drive the price up in Knoxville.

If he contacted US, then it's only to drive the price up in Knoxville.
That's fine. He's a premium talent, obviously, but UK is still looking at Robinson as a probable addition. Robinson probably wouldn't scare guys like Brea and Oweh the way Lanier would.

Odd that UT has been the perceived destination all along and he has not committed and even lists a ton of other schools he is interested in.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Odd that UT has been the perceived destination all along and he has not committed and even lists a ton of other schools he is interested in.
I think a lot of people assumed he was a UT lock initially because he had that "do not contact" tag on him. If he has a list, that can't be the case anymore.

I think you push for Lanier and Robinson and live with the consequences if one of our other wings suddenly wants out due to their arrival.

I'm friends with a guy, who's son played at UNF with Chaz, and unless something absolutely drastic happens, it's UT. It's 99 percent UT.

Which is a bummer, because he'd be the best player on UK next year.

Bet you we have a better TEAM than UT next year though.

I think a lot of people assumed he was a UT lock initially because he had that "do not contact" tag on him. If he has a list, that can't be the case anymore.

I think you push for Lanier and Robinson and live with the consequences if one of our other wings suddenly wants out due to their arrival.
Can anyone leave now that the portal is closed?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Tennessee has apparently been communicating with him forever (tampering haha). He’s either trying to make it seem like he’s considering other schools or trying to up his NIL.

Reactions: wccat2969
That's the feeling I get, but like I said, if I hear anything later today, I'll pass it along.

Reactions: UKEE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT