ADVERTISEMENT

Chandler to Kentucky

Mission Reaction GIF

Love to see it.
Just no Illinois nazis. I hate Illinois nazis.

hopefully his mission didnt set him back, not playing 2 years at that stage in your growth as a player is interesting. Curious how good he’ll be

Very, VERY good player coming out of HS! Chandler was the highest ever commit in BYU history - he was the 6th-highest rated combo guard in the 2022 class. Four of the guys ahead of him are in the NBA. The fifth has averaged double figures his first two college season. Basically going to be a 20 year old freshman, so I'd hope those 2 extra years of maturity and growth will pay off too!
Yes. Older kid and older body/mind which should bold well.

Very, VERY good player coming out of HS! Chandler was the highest ever commit in BYU history - he was the 6th-highest rated combo guard in the 2022 class. Four of the guys ahead of him are in the NBA. The fifth has averaged double figures his first two college season. Basically going to be a 20 year old freshman, so I'd hope those 2 extra years of maturity and growth will pay off too!
Here’s what’s exciting to me. Kid has been a missionary, will still take his lumps as a freshmen but will be a grown man as a 21 year old sophomore and can hopefully administer some beatings to 18 year old primadonnas.

Or so we can hope.

The coolest things about this commitment is that there were few conversations about this kid. I think a lot of us thought he'd stay at BYU and media wasn't discussing him as much as Khalifa and Robinson. If this guy came out of nowhere, what else do we have in the works that we aren't seeing yet? Williams, Small, McNeely, Blackmon, and.... who else?

Pope's first recruit is a top 35 kid (albeit, a slam dunk to land him). That, alone, suggests he isn't going to fill a roster with scrubs.

Hope the kid has been playing ball the last 2 years?!

Reactions: BlueSince92
If he did a 2 year mission then im sure that he holds his religious beliefs/standards close and he will honor them.

Until he runs in to all the pretty little catholic, babtist, and evangelic girls on sorority row who love the lord and UK basketball...usually the religion of the later wins out.

Ya'll saw that presser. The real Pope and Joseph Smith together wouldn't have drawn that crowd.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Until he runs in to all the pretty little catholic, babtist, and evangelic girls on sorority row who love the lord and UK basketball...usually the religion of the later wins out.

Ya'll saw that presser. The real Pope and Joseph Smith together wouldn't have drawn that crowd.
The guy was a legit nba prospect and decided to do a 2 year mission out of HS and delay his potential career worth millions. Id say hes pretty strong in the mental fortitude department

Welcome aboard and welcome to BBN! My thinking is 2 year mission trip doesn't mean that he never picked up a basketball for 2 years. He knew he was going to come back and play, I think he worked on shooting while doing his trip.

Reactions: ukfan1622
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT