ADVERTISEMENT

Chances To Make The CFB Playoff According to the ESPN FPI

UK 50th most likely. OK, says what ESPN thinks of us. Also to me, implies final record is more important than actual quality as I don't believe we're only 50th best.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
UK 50th most likely. OK, says what ESPN thinks of us. Also to me, implies final record is more important than actual quality as I don't believe we're only 50th best.
FPI is all about the likelihood of winning games vs the schedule in front of you. Mizzou is a great example. I don't think Mizzou and UK are that far off from one another, but their schedule is much easier. Switch our schedules and I think you're looking at them dropping significantly and us rising quite a bit.

FPI is all about the likelihood of winning games vs the schedule in front of you. Mizzou is a great example. I don't think Mizzou and UK are that far off from one another, but their schedule is much easier. Switch our schedules and I think you're looking at them dropping significantly and us rising quite a bit.
I think that's what I said about final record's importance over quality.

Reactions: bthaunert
Most of those teams have 0% chance of making the playoff. You can probably predict 9 of the 12 teams every season and be right most years.

The group of 5 cupcake conference champ is hard to predict and maybe you have a sec or big 10 team rise up for an unexpected good season.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
That's true but because of their schedule they may have to win 10 to get in whereas some other SEC teams with harder schedules could conceivably squeak in with 9.

Joke!!! Have they looked at Florida's schedule? That alone tells me the chart is garbage.

Yeah, that's one of the bigger head-scratchers on there to me. The Gator schedule isn't much easier than UK's, and are the pollsters expecting UF to be better than the Cats?

Key games on UF schedule:
Home - Miami, aTm, UGA, KY, LSU, Ole Miss
Away - TN, TX

Does anyone outside the locker room in GNV expect this Gator team to win enough games on THAT schedule to even dream about making the playoffs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT