ADVERTISEMENT

Chance poore

Way too hard on him. It wasn't like he shanked it.

Even if he makes it we probably lose anyway. That's why it was so important to get that first down and get closer and leave no time left.

Reactions: Soupbean
He looked terrified before the kick. After seeing his face warming up, I would have bet my life on him missing.

Reactions: qwesley
I'd say that play was meant for Mcginnis. The guy could kick....

But to say that Poore is not good? I disagree, the entire team put tremendous pressure on him to perform in a late game situation....Nobody wants to kick in those situations. You go for the touchdown.

I hear there were other guys available when Stoops signed Chance? Poore.

Wyde Wright was there.
Noe Weigh wanted to sign.
Knott Macon Knit liked UK.
And I. M. Gonnachoke would have come to Lexington.

Just seems like UK could have done better than Chance? Poore.
Again Chance was the #1 kicker in 2018 coming out of High School according to Pro Kicker. Who wouldn’t try to get what was thought to be the best?

Reactions: fabcat
Well, he did miss a 16 yd attempt last year. He played 4 games, then they redshirted him.
What?? The ball is snapped 7 yards back and you have 10 more yards from the end zone, that makes 17 yards. We kicked it from one yard deep in the opponent’s end zone?

Talk about lazy, we have message board “alpha males” who don’t know he’s not a true freshman and want to blame him for the loss when we had a coaching staff pucker up in the second half and an officiating crew who blew two targeting calls (one against UK and one against UF) and missed another one on a SS slide along with several holding calls.

Yes, he absolutely should’ve made that kick. To come on this message board and hide behind an anonymous user name and call him a beta and say he needs to leave tells me all I need to know about who the real beta males are in this thread.

Reactions: CatFanInTheBathtub
What?? The ball is snapped 7 yards back and you have 10 more yards from the end zone, that makes 17 yards. We kicked it from one yard deep in the opponent’s end zone?

Talk about lazy, we have message board “alpha males” who don’t know he’s not a true freshman and want to blame him for the loss when we had a coaching staff pucker up in the second half and an officiating crew who blew two targeting calls (one against UK and one against UF) and missed another one on a SS slide along with several holding calls.

Yes, he absolutely should’ve made that kick. To come on this message board and hide behind an anonymous user name and call him a beta and say he needs to leave tells me all I need to know about who the real beta males are in this thread.
Lol! Surprised you didn't throw incels in with your screed against the negative posters

You could see it while he was warming up. I never thought he was gonna hit that kick.

Yep he was all over the place-- doesn't help that he took a 50 yard punt to the head off while trying to practice from that exact spot.

Dude, save the virtue signaling; this is a message to talk about...gasp...UK Football. If you're going to play D-1 as a kicker, you have to make a 33-yard FG. He choked. Some players are Betas, some are Alphas. We saw who were Betas and who were Alphas. We saw which coaching staff was Alpha and which ones were Beta. Chance Poore did not lose us this game, but he choked like everyone else. Miss another one, and it might be time to call up Lonas Sieber.....
where were you when Florida's D1 Alpha kicker missed a 27 yarder with less pressure on him than Poore had ?

Reactions: Zone Blocker

But to say that Poore is not good? I disagree, the entire team put tremendous pressure on him to perform in a late game situation....Nobody wants to kick in those situations. You go for the touchdown.
Probably too early to say but he is now 4-8 in his career and he's kicking line drive XP's that will eventually get blocked. Not good, so far.

Reactions: ManitouDan
Point being it is his second year. Is it really too early to put kickers in games their second year in a program. We have a lot of 2 year guys including RS freshmen playing Offense and defense, Smoke is doing ok
Oh I agree, he should not miss these chippies that he's missed. Somebody linked an article stating he was a Soph but that was inaccurate. You could see early on that MacGinnis was gonna be a helluva K. We have not seen that from Poore. In fact everything we've seen says he will be a liability the next 4 years.

Oh I agree, he should not miss these chippies that he's missed. Somebody linked an article stating he was a Soph but that was inaccurate. You could see early on that MacGinnis was gonna be a helluva K. We have not seen that from Poore. In fact everything we've seen says he will be a liability the next 4 years.
Yes but we have to give him this season, if he don't get it done, go get a Kicker. In HS he was supposed to be all that

Reactions: crpoore
Hey, Chance, didn’t realize you posted here. You might want to shut it down for awhile.

He's not Chance, just one of the grown ups on here. Stupid and childish to start picking on a freshman kicker who wanted to make the kick more than any body on here. I sure as hell he didn't do it just to ruin your day. What would you feel like if it were you kid people were trashing on here. Cant' answer that unless your an adult.

Stupid comments like, he's no D1 kicker and he'll never make another one are what Mitch nailed when he said microwave fans. Its alwasy the latest thing that they latch on to good or bad and think that's how its going to be forever. Drop a ball, he's trash and will never catch a ball, miss a tackle, he's trash wh'd we recruit him. Chris from Richmond heads the list of 7 year olds in this category with his tired schtick of practiced lines. He sound like he looks up tag lines from old sports centers in the 80's then probaby practices in the mirror delivering them before every call.

The fact it was a freshman kicker with his first pressure kick and had the timing of the kick thown off by a high snap doest matter. The coaches were clearly idiots for offering this kid a scholarship and probably knew he had no talent then but offered him one anyway. They should sue the high school ranking sites for ranking him so high as well.

He’s a redshirt freshman...Sophomore in college. And he did kick some last year. They thought when Butler had a groin pull or something wrong with this leg that his redshirt year was going to be burned. I wouldn’t say a kid that misses a 35yrd field goal is going to be a liability for 4 yrs. I guess we can start saying any young player that fumbles, throws a pick, drops a pass, are going to be liabilities for their entire careers.

He's not Chance, just one of the grown ups on here. Stupid and childish to start picking on a freshman kicker who wanted to make the kick more than any body on here. I sure as hell he didn't do it just to ruin your day. What would you feel like if it were you kid people were trashing on here. Cant' answer that unless your an adult.

Stupid comments like, he's no D1 kicker and he'll never make another one are what Mitch nailed when he said microwave fans. Its alwasy the latest thing that they latch on to good or bad and think that's how its going to be forever. Drop a ball, he's trash and will never catch a ball, miss a tackle, he's trash wh'd we recruit him. Chris from Richmond heads the list of 7 year olds in this category with his tired schtick of practiced lines. He sound like he looks up tag lines from old sports centers in the 80's then probaby practices in the mirror delivering them before every call.

The fact it was a freshman kicker with his first pressure kick and had the timing of the kick thown off by a high snap doest matter. The coaches were clearly idiots for offering this kid a scholarship and probably knew he had no talent then but offered him one anyway. They should sue the high school ranking sites for ranking him so high as well.
Alabama's top rated kicker, who won the national punt. pass and kick contest when he was a youngster, has missed two field goals and at least one extra point in games this year with no pressure on him at all. Alabama has had blowouts in all their games this year. Of course, playing for Saban is pressure in and of itself.
Poor was a highly rated kicker coming out of high school. He has kicked a 46 yarder earlier in the year. The previous play should have set him up between the hash marks, not on the right side hash marks.

I disagree. Kickers have one job. They are there to do nothing but kick. For an SEC kicker a 35 yard field goal should be able to be done with your eyes close. You could tell he had 0 confidence in himself prior to that. This isn’t his first miss either. Right now he is a 50% kicker which is hot garbage at this level of play. 4/8 would certainly suggest he is not good. Even his xp look atrocious every time.

Stupid comments like, he's no D1 kicker and he'll never make another one are what Mitch nailed when he said microwave fans. Its always the latest thing that they latch on to good or bad and think that's how its going to be forever. Drop a ball, he's trash and will never catch a ball, miss a tackle, he's trash wh'd we recruit him. Chris from Richmond heads the list of 7 year olds in this category with his tired schtick of practiced lines. He sound like he looks up tag lines from old sports centers in the 80's then probaby practices in the mirror delivering them before every call.

Thank you. The kick was a foot too far to the right. He did not shank it. He did not push it. He hit it solid but missed by a few inches. If faced with the same pressure, most of the know it alls piling on Chance here today would pass out with fear. Chance is a good kicker, and will be one of our school's leading scorers by the time he is done here. Last night was a tough learning experience for him, but he took it like a man. At least he isn't a weak minded back stabber like all these Sunday morning know it alls.

Why don’t we go get an Australian kicker? Surely they don’t just make punters over there. Just a thought. If not, at least someone with a smidge of confidence. Poore looked like he was going to cry before the kick and definitely after the kick. He doesn’t have the calm personality a kicker needs.

Last edited:
Here is the problem: kicking FG’s in college is so different than HS. Camps show potential.. much like a combine does.. but doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be any good. If I were a coach I would always invite 4-5 kickers to try out.. then start the one who does best in practice, if they perform in a game then give a scholarship at the end of the year. Scholarship good for one year.. to be renewed based on performance.. (this is actually the case, but make it known verbally).

Chance is good enough to be given a shot.. but I agree so far he’s looked kind of average. If he wasn’t on scholarship the pressure would be less for him too.. if it took him several years to develop then he would have it with less pressure...

I worried he was struggling when they redshirted him last year..

It’s just a game.. he needs to shake it off..

Kickers win games.. they don’t loose one (that takes place over an entire game) and he didn’t win it for us.. hopefully he will improve.. but make no mistake.. coaches are now looking for someone who will win them the game next time.. his spot is in jeopardy. It’s the nature of the job.

Last edited:
Alabama's top rated kicker, who won the national punt. pass and kick contest when he was a youngster, has missed two field goals and at least one extra point in games this year with no pressure on him at all. Alabama has had blowouts in all their games this year. Of course, playing for Saban is pressure in and of itself.
Poor was a highly rated kicker coming out of high school. He has kicked a 46 yarder earlier in the year. The previous play should have set him up between the hash marks, not on the right side hash marks.
Yep. Also, the Florida kicker missed a much shorter field goal earlier in the game.

Reactions: Johnfarrel
He’s a redshirt freshman...Sophomore in college. And he did kick some last year. They thought when Butler had a groin pull or something wrong with this leg that his redshirt year was going to be burned. I wouldn’t say a kid that misses a 35yrd field goal is going to be a liability for 4 yrs. I guess we can start saying any young player that fumbles, throws a pick, drops a pass, are going to be liabilities for their entire careers.
He's now 4-8 in his career. It's not just one kick.

Is sure hasn't taken you very long to start turning on our team again. Reverting to your true persona.

Is sure hasn't taken you very long to start turning on our team again. Reverting to your true persona.
OMG, go away!!! You've switched user names just in this thread. Your true persona.

If you think Poore is a good K then that is on you. But he is 4-8 in his career and his XP's are line drives that will eventually get blocked. Facts, unlike your opinions.

Reactions: theTcat
The kid Has a strong keg but he over thinks everything. I watched the kid in HS kick 50 yarders with ease in practice I worked at a Substation right by his HS. To quote that idiot Skip bayless “the kid just doesn’t have that clutch factor”... He really doesn’t there has to be 5 kids in the state of KY with a weaker leg that’s twice as accurate

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT