ADVERTISEMENT

Championship game thread

UConn is putting the finishing touches on the argument that they are the best college basketball champion over the last 20 years or so.

I guess I can retire my spreadsheet and stop tracking the stat 350-17 when up 10+ under Cal

Was 274-6 at one point went just 76-11 the rest of the way

274-6 thru 1/11/2020

76-11 from 1/12/2020 through 2024

Reactions: Fox2monk
In 1998, Kentucky win their seventh national championship. UConn is at zero. Then from 1999-2024, UConn has now won SIX; SIX TITLES IN 25 YEARS.

They have tied UNC, passed Duke.

Getting to see that many national titles as a younger fan must be fun. That's like seeing the Saban Bama six titles run.

Uconn's plays are gorgeous in execution. Actual coach who can make creative fun plays.

Looks like Dan is gonna win back to back.

Maybe the 2 titles would be a nice parting gift to Uconn.

Can only hope.

Here is the stat of stats if UCONN covers tonight they will have covered 12 straight game in the NCAA tournament.

We all could made a lot of money betting this team the last 2 years.

• Wow
Reactions: Neue Regel
Edey getting exposed as very limited skill wise and just big and slow against high level defense. He has no moves and is too slow to fleet in position for a good shot. The shots he’s hit were all tough looks.
Nah think it’s more that UConn is best team in the country and are better then Purdue at every spot but center lol

Reactions: Neue Regel
In 1998, Kentucky win their seventh national championship. UConn is at zero. Then from 1999-2024, UConn has now won SIX; SIX TITLES IN 25 YEARS.

Getting to see that many national titles as a younger fan must be fun. That's like seeing the Saban Bama six titles run.

And have 2 more than Kansas.

We need all blue bloods to ban together to eliminate this threat. I’m open to ideas

Crazy, no excuse why we shouldn’t be winning more.

This isn’t on Painter. The opponent is simply better at every position but one and that one isn’t miles apart. Huskies have calmly played shoot around and horse the last 10 minutes of 12 consecutive NCAA Tournament games now. Unreal.
It's a little on Painter. They're the second best 3 point shooting team in the country and have taken only five the entire game. I understand that part of that is UConn's D, but you gotta run some stuff to get your 3 point shooters open. Instead they just continually force it inside to Edey as if his baskets down low will somehow make up being down double digits.

• Love
Edey has 29 points and some of you are in talking about how he’s been “exposed” lol
He’s got no help and this strategy of no ball movement and give him the ball 15 feet from the goal is easy to defend. He misses and they score, they trade 3’s for 2’s and when they miss they rebound.

Last edited:
Uconn's plays are gorgeous in execution. Actual coach who can make creative fun plays.

Can only hope.
I mean, what the HELL was Welch (the so-called NBA offense teacher) doing here? We didn't really run anything different than what we've seen for years.

It's a little on Painter. They're the second best 3 point shooting team in the country and have taken only five the entire game. I understand that part of that is UConn's D, but you gotta run some stuff to get your 3 point shooters open. Instead they just continually force it inside to Edey as if his baskets down low will somehow make up being down double digits.
Yeah this is the worst game plan he’s ran all year probably.

Can only hope.
Yeah the coaching clinic is striking to the mess we have watched for 15 years.

Reactions: Farsight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT