ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Simmons: Kentucky and Miss State lead for Alabama TE (Free)

I believe UK is recruiting him as a WR. He camped at UK last year and earned his offer. He used to really mention UK a lot on Twitter, but that has cooled off.

He sounds like a good recruit and would fit in with our offense. I hope we can get him. GO CATS!!

Just what are those things??

Suppose to reduce risk of concussions. They also make them that fit over the helmet, lots of HS teams are using them in practice and some individual players are wearing them in games, some look like the entire team is wearing them. I thought all college teams were using them. The design looks alot like the older Riddell helmets of 30 or so year ago. I don't know if there has been any studies done to see if they are working like they are intended, if it is, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't become mandatory in a few years.

Suppose to reduce risk of concussions. They also make them that fit over the helmet, lots of HS teams are using them in practice and some individual players are wearing them in games, some look like the entire team is wearing them. I thought all college teams were using them. The design looks alot like the older Riddell helmets of 30 or so year ago. I don't know if there has been any studies done to see if they are working like they are intended, if it is, wouldn't surprise me if they didn't become mandatory in a few years.

Thanks Grump.

After landing our top TE target in Bates,I would think that UK is looking at him as more of a WR. We do not have 2 scholarships to spend on TE's unless they are out of this world talents like Bates, right?

I'd love to get him on board. Line him and Conrad/Rigg/Bates on the field together and there would be sooo many match up problems.

Question is whether UK wants an H-Back type. I believe there are a couple of more traditional tight ends higher than him on the board, like Josh Whyle of LaSalle in Cincinnati. Whyle isn't exactly a traditional tight end but he's bigger (6'5, 6'6) and has the same kind of athleticism. Not sure there is a great place for an H-Back in UK's current system.

Reactions: Smashcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT