ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs. Turds

Ehh, it is a tough loss on the road. Again, I truly believe that seasons are made on the weekends. The midweeks can help you, but if you take care of business on the weekend then you're just fine. UK needs to focus in on Miss State and get ready to face an extremely tough road challenge. The Bulldogs just swept Ole Miss and Tennessee in back to back weekends to bounce back from being swept by Arkansas in the opening weekend. They just lost last night to Florida International, so their winning streak is at an end. Still, they aren't going to lie down easy and UK has to be focused in.
True the BIG games are the weekend series, and losing to the # 2 ranked team in the country on the road won't hurt too much. I harken back to last season when we dropped 2 mid-week games to Norther Ky. and EKU . Win those 2 games and we finish 34-23 instead of 32-25. That may have squeaked us into the NCAA tourney being 11 games over .500 instead of 7, and those loses were RPI killers.

Saw a replay (bad side angle) of the final play and it looked like a protection swing for the runner, not a hit & run. Would like to see an angle that shows the runner though, that would complete the story.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
It was a good pitch curveball breaking down out of the zone, followed by an outstanding throw from the catcher. Their pitcher had yet to get his off speed over for a strike so if Wilson was watching the only way he would have swung there was a hit and run, which btw a call I really really like there.

As far as the K looking maybe he is a 400 hitter because he swings at strikes! Looked like a bad call to me.

It was a good pitch curveball breaking down out of the zone, followed by an outstanding throw from the catcher. Their pitcher had yet to get his off speed over for a strike so if Wilson was watching the only way he would have swung there was a hit and run, which btw a call I really really like there.

As far as the K looking maybe he is a 400 hitter because he swings at strikes! Looked like a bad call to me.

It could have been a protection swing but I really hate that approach especially with two outs. Don't know Reks stealing numbers but I still think hit and run. Maybe TJ could ask coach.

Also imo if he swings at that fast ball in I don't see anything good coming from it. I thought it was 2 2 count and he had just fouled off the last 2 2 pitch. Ump should have given him the benefit there if he wasn't going to draw a walk especially.

Also imo if he swings at that fast ball in I don't see anything good coming from it. I thought it was 2 2 count and he had just fouled off the last 2 2 pitch. Ump should have given him the benefit there if he wasn't going to draw a walk especially.
Had been calling that pitch a strike on us all night.

Well we all know White is a stud and wasn't trying to strike out lol..he could've been looking a diff location, pitch or just plain thought it was a ball...sounds like it was an excellent pitch - shit happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT