ADVERTISEMENT

Cats vs Tide Tues...

Mahan's first error wasn't a good call but that was clearly a throwing error. Leads the SEC in errors yet the defensive upgrade Henderson went with this game was playing Heady at second over Luke Becker.
I would tell Mr. Mahan to get an outfielders glove and shag fly balls this summer, in what ever summer league you play in. Your butt ain't seeing SS at all next year. Very good bat but 30 errors is not cuttin it !

Reactions: Comebakatz3
We're heading to the 6th... here we get to see some "strategy" by Henderson. Will he let Logue go back out there or will he go to the pen?

Mahan gets our second hit, but Pompey strikes out looking on what was a very dicey call by the home plate ump.

Well... once again we have a communication issue and an easy popout drops in no mans land for a hit. Logue looking very frustrated. He's at 91 pitches now with 1 out in the top of the 6th.

Justin Lewis up in the bullpen. I have to imagine that this is the last inning for Logue. Yep... here comes Henderson... just amazing that Logue hasn't ever been able to over 5.2 innings this year. Not that he couldn't finish this one out, but for whatever the reason Henderson wants him out now. Just weird.

Good job today by Z Logue, not his fault we are down 2 runs. Our defense is very much like the Keystone cops..... embarassing !!

UK might have had a little something going there, but instead Alabama shows UK what good defense does and they turn a great double play to end the inning.

Alabama playing a little bit of small ball here trying to manufacture a late run. Smart strategy by them.

Lewis struggling now... bases loaded with just 1 out.

Henderson now going to Pop... four our season with the bases loaded and 1 out.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! IS HE REALLY THIS STUPID!?!

Pop gets very lucky on that first hitter because I felt like he threw 4 straight balls, but he gets a break on the 4th pitch and gets a strike called, which leads to a strikeout. Pop actually gets out of the jam... still an extremely stupid move by Henderson.

Well Hendo goes to his nephew Zack Pop, and he overcomes a 3 and 0 count to get the strikeout. He then gets the ground out to end the inning. Announcers going crazy over his 96 to 98 mph fastball... Yikes !

It really does blow my mind that Henderson goes to a guy with a 5+ ERA when he has Strecker in the pen. Then again, Henderson doesn't really do many things that make sense.

Reactions: cats1068
Very surprised that Alabama is going to Foster rather than Burrows. UK better take advantage here because Burrows will be extremely hard to hit if he comes in.

Foster gets out of it by getting a groundout to 1st. 3-2 going to the top of the 8th. Running out of time here, but it is pretty amazing that we're still in this game.

Mahan with the bat:clap: Mahan with the glove:weary: as posted earlier he needs to be moved to the outfield, maybe CF. Pompey is a corner OF, not a CF.

Pop with another good inning. Pretty impressed. He could go one more, he's thrown under 25 pitches so far.

It really does blow my mind that Henderson goes to a guy with a 5+ ERA when he has Strecker in the pen. Then again, Henderson doesn't really do many things that make sense.

First time Ive seen the kid pitch, but Im pretty shocked his ERA is that high. Kid has a great fastball with movement, a nasty slider and was consistently throwing 95-96 and keeps the ball down in the zone. I was impressed.

First time Ive seen the kid pitch, but Im pretty shocked his ERA is that high. Kid has a great fastball with movement, a nasty slider and was consistently throwing 95-96 and keeps the ball down in the zone. I was impressed.

His issue is typically control. He has walked 6 batters in 10 innings in SEC play, but he is also very hard to hit when the control is there and he has 5 strikeouts. Still, when you have trouble hitting your spots you're going to get hit and give up runs. He also doesn't typically throw this hard.

Pop has shocked me, he is humming his fastball. Our hitters, other than White and Mahan, have really stunk it up, and our defense, mentally and physically is hard to watch. My Blood pressure has went up 50 points watching !

Ohh the Pop we have come to know showed up. Now down 5-2 thanks to the monster homer.

By the way... why in the hell did Henderson leave Heady in the game in the bottom of the 8th? Could have gone to a pinch hitter and taken our chances with the defense in the 9th. He will likely leave McNeil in here in just a minute as well.

Shelby... see you next year!

It is going to be an extremely long week waiting to see if and when we make the tournament. Saddest part is that Georgia and Tennessee will likely go ahead and fire their coaches and get to pick out new ones while we wait.

As expected... Gunnar strides to the plate with our season on the line... just mindblowing.

This is typical of our Baseball team, build up our hopes, and pull out the rug. Shelby goes down looking in his final at bat at UK. Doc grounds out to 2nd, and the Caveman flies out to now be 8 for his last 108 at bats..... Time for some changes folks. Color me not interested if changes aren't made !!

Ball game... UK goes down 5-2. Now we have to watch Alabama and see how far they go... if they get more wins our chances get even smaller. This could have ended our season... it probably should.

Got to give Henderson credit... he made a decent decision with Logue and Pop (too long with Pop), but he made poor decisions with the lineup. Never going to win with just 3 hits.

This is typical of our Baseball team, build up our hopes, and pull out the rug. Shelby goes down looking in his final at bat at UK. Doc grounds out to 2nd, and the Caveman flies out to now be 8 for his last 108 at bats..... Time for some changes folks. Color me not interested if changes aren't made !!

I have to wonder if Shelby comes back... he was atrocious this year... he could come back and show even more ability at third and get the bat back and then he'll improve his stock. However, it is hard not to go when the opportunity presents itself.

I have to wonder if Shelby comes back... he was atrocious this year... he could come back and show even more ability at third and get the bat back and then he'll improve his stock. However, it is hard not to go when the opportunity presents itself.
He might, his younger brother will be on the team next year. If Henderson is not let go, I don't look for much if any improvement. NOT optimistic about 2017 if Hendo is back :flush:

He might, his younger brother will be on the team next year. If Henderson is not let go, I don't look for much if any improvement. NOT optimistic about 2017 if Hendo is back :flush:

Well you have to wonder if his brother will be here. D1Baseball actually came out with an article today that seems to have him as a top 150 pick in the MLB draft. If that is the case then he's not coming here. John Flowers is also apparently in that article. I can't read it because I don't subscribe, but it has both Jaren and John tagged at the bottom of the article.

Either way... think about this... Kentucky loses at least 2 of 3 weekend starters. Most likely they lose 3. It seems as though Henderson wants to use Logue and Pop as replacements. Logue has not pitched over 6 innings and is probably a Saturday starter at best. Pop has been wildly inconsistent, but has a live arm. Hjelle, Lewis, and Strecker are all bullpen guys that could become starters but didn't start one time this season. So where the hell do we find SEC weekend pitching?! Do we rely on freshmen? JUCO kids? I don't know, but it is scary as heck and our bullpen was not properly developed in order to help us for the future.

Justin Lewis up in the bullpen. I have to imagine that this is the last inning for Logue. Yep... here comes Henderson... just amazing that Logue hasn't ever been able to over 5.2 innings this year. Not that he couldn't finish this one out, but for whatever the reason Henderson wants him out now. Just weird.
The BIGGEST GAME of the year and you don't start your all-sec pitcher in a MUST win game...now the season is over and you have another coaching blunder...please tell me this is over!!!

Well you have to wonder if his brother will be here. D1Baseball actually came out with an article today that seems to have him as a top 150 pick in the MLB draft. If that is the case then he's not coming here. John Flowers is also apparently in that article. I can't read it because I don't subscribe, but it has both Jaren and John tagged at the bottom of the article.

Either way... think about this... Kentucky loses at least 2 of 3 weekend starters. Most likely they lose 3. It seems as though Henderson wants to use Logue and Pop as replacements. Logue has not pitched over 6 innings and is probably a Saturday starter at best. Pop has been wildly inconsistent, but has a live arm. Hjelle, Lewis, and Strecker are all bullpen guys that could become starters but didn't start one time this season. So where the hell do we find SEC weekend pitching?! Do we rely on freshmen? JUCO kids? I don't know, but it is scary as heck and our bullpen was not properly developed in order to help us for the future.
Looks like Logue, Pop, and maybe Lewis. Strecker is a senior, he is done. Hjelle might could be a starter. Our offense consists of White, Reks and Mahan. Pompey and Cottam show promise, but unless we have a Big surprise, and I don't think we will, we won't have as good a W-L record as this year. I am not normally a ' Glass half empty ' guy, but in this case I am.

Ball game... UK goes down 5-2. Now we have to watch Alabama and see how far they go... if they get more wins our chances get even smaller. This could have ended our season... it probably should.

Got to give Henderson credit... he made a decent decision with Logue and Pop (too long with Pop), but he made poor decisions with the lineup. Never going to win with just 3 hits.
Unless somebody unexpected wins the tourney, after today NEIL PRICE said that Ala is in and UK is out because of the rpi... Sorry cb3 i totally disagree that you give GH any credit here. Tonight was a MUSTwin and you don't throw your best guy...you know better than that ...hopefully this is the last time we have to put up with#20

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT