ADVERTISEMENT

CATS vs LSU ( Sunday ).....

Wild card here could be a rain delay. If that happens and it cuts Lewis' day short then it will test our bullpen

The game was setting up well for LSU with Kentucky having spent our closer in game 2 and having left a ton of runners on base that game. Walker had been solid so far this year but we added a run to his ERA for the year in just 2.1 innings and Lewis has been all we could ask for.

The game was setting up well for LSU with Kentucky having spent our closer in game 2 and having left a ton of runners on base that game. Walker had been solid so far this year but we added a run to his ERA for the year in just 2.1 innings and Lewis has been all we could ask for.

Just can't let up on defense. These next two innings are where the rubber meets the road and where most runs are scored on starters.

This lineup is a pitchers nightmare. Hits and runs can come from anywhere. It's kinda of crazy because everyone can hurt you but at the same time no one is a dominant force.

Damn, had a chance to get 2-3 more runs, but left em loaded. Can't complain, the way things are going today. Lewis is dealing, would love to see him get through another inning or two.

Lewis gave up a home run 10-2. Need one more out and we'll get into the 7th.

Got it. Limited any damage with just the solo home run. Lewis still under 80 pitches. Could get two more innings.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Heady is playing beautiful defense! Excellent job to get a double play and get out of that inning clean! I say see if Lewis can get the complete game

Florida plays @Georgia, Ole Miss, @Alabama, and then UK. We will have to win all of our remaining series if we want to go in with the lead. That's going ot be pretty tough going to South Carolina.

Florida plays @Georgia, Ole Miss, @Alabama, and then UK. We will have to win all of our remaining series if we want to go in with the lead. That's going ot be pretty tough going to South Carolina.

Won't be easy. At least get one from USC and hope Florida doesn't sweep any of those teams. Then it is up to who can win in Gainsville.

Reactions: sluggercatfan

Brutal for UK, as that's about as easy as it gets for them in the next three series. Hope that UGA can win one or two in Athens and hope that Ole Miss can hold their own in Gainesville. Alabama is putrid, I see a sweep there.

On the plus side, if UK can win 2 of 3 in columbia, they get the dawgs and vols at home which are both struggling badly.

BOOM! Justin Lewis! Great week for the cats. Truth be told, we probably should be 4-0 this week, but any halfway-logical cat fan would have taken a 3-1 week if given that deal a week ago. Let's go win another series in Columbia.

Great series win by UK. Hate to be greedy but it should have been a sweep with all the left on base in game two. UK is the much better team between the two right now. What a week for UK baseball!

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
We end up batting .462 for the game. Pretty darn good. Lewis lowers his ERA. All in all, this team is still surprising.

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Haha either way it was a mistake. I'm not going to fight you over it.

UK 5th in RPI after the win today. A lot of the top 10 lost to unranked teams this week. That can only help us go up in the ranking after an amazing week.
5th?! Wow. I must say it is well deserved after this tremendous week. What momentum the last 4 games provided for the rest of the season.

Just got back from the game and all I can say is what a performance for a team in one of the most important games left! Great team win.

Start with j Lewis wow a complete game exactly when they needed it. He just kept getting stronger. His change is nasty, outstanding effort!

Our middle infield so strong on defense Heady with a highlight reel play going into the hole and making a Jeter throw at a point where it really helped our pitcher. Tv couldn't have shown how good that play was. One of the top d plays of the year. Mahon with a double play also in a tight spot. Great d today.

Our hitters putting it on a good pitcher. Very impressive performance.

It is amazing that we have two 1st year coaches leading teams at the top of the SEC East and West.

Just got back from the game and all I can say is what a performance for a team in one of the most important games left! Great team win.

Start with j Lewis wow a complete game exactly when they needed it. He just kept getting stronger. His change is nasty, outstanding effort!

Our middle infield so strong on defense Heady with a highlight reel play going into the hole and making a Jeter throw at a point where it really helped our pitcher. Tv couldn't have shown how good that play was. One of the top d plays of the year. Mahon with a double play also in a tight spot. Great d today.

Our hitters putting it on a good pitcher. Very impressive performance.

Glad you were there, looked like some good crowds this weekend. I'm hoping that BBN packs the house the rest of this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT