ADVERTISEMENT

CATS NO. 12 IN AP

Great opportunity to move into the top 10 with a win over Miami tomorrow. I think we will, but it will be a battle.

F_9aU0gWoAAJzlT

Reactions: FFWhite
This will be a good win for the resume if we can handle business tomorrow. Miami should be in the top 25 all year with the team they have

Reactions: Cats192
Is that Mississippi State at 21? What's going on with them this year? Don't remember them being that good last year

However Tennessee ranked number 10 with 2 losses is a joke.
I know they lost to the 2 teams ranked 1 & 2 but how do they only drop 3 spots for those 2 losses in the same week? That type of treatment is typically reserved for Duke and UNC. Heck even Kansas dropped 4 & 5 spots in the 2 polls for losing to top 5 opponent Marquette.

Also how is Mich St still ranked after 3 losses?

Reactions: University-6
How do you lose 2 games back to back and stay in the top ten? That's my ****in point.
Because it's not about losing two games, it's about losing two very close games to top 5 teams. If you play two consecutive games against top 5 teams where both were very competitive games and you were in a coin flip game against #1 you're probably a top 10 team.

I know they lost to the 2 teams ranked 1 & 2 but how do they only drop 3 spots for those 2 losses in the same week? That type of treatment is typically reserved for Duke and UNC. Heck even Kansas dropped 4 & 5 spots in the 2 polls for losing to top 5 opponent Marquette.

Also how is Mich St still ranked after 3 losses?
Mich St. Is not ranked

If we had 2 losses, we'd be out of the top 25.
It’s always been better (for your ranking) to have 2 losses in the same week than 2 1-loss weeks near each other. But also they lost to now #1 and #5. So I have no problem with that.
The odd one to me is Villanova one spot behind UNC who they just beat.

This is the kind of early, non-conf game Cal has routinely lost over the last several years, and people say "no big deal, it's early" .... but it will have major seeding implications for March. So, win the damn game.
Period!

This is the kind of early, non-conf game Cal has routinely lost over the last several years, and people say "no big deal, it's early" .... but it will have major seeding implications for March. So, win the damn game.

I could not agree more.

Win the damn game, Cal.

We absolutely need this game.

This is the difference between us heading into January as a top-10 team, or hanging onto the top 25!

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT