ADVERTISEMENT

Cats @ Dores

That is my thinking 14 we are safe, 13 we are a bubble team 50/50 shot at getting in.
I think a part of it depends on what 12 wins means. Where does that put us in the league? Last year 12 meant 12th. They just arent going to reward the last team into the SEC tournament with a bid. So if we are in that position again, I think it's real hard to let us in. We get a few more wins and sneak to 10 or higher then we're definitely in. Right now it's pretty obvious that Missouri and Ole Miss are out. So, it shakes down to how we fall after that.

Reactions: permdaddy
Today was a bitter defeat, and really can't say it had much to do with coaches, did all they could do to put our hitters and pitchers in position to win, but they did not get the hits and make the pitches to get us over the top. We are a bubble team now, with nine really tough SEC games to go. At least six are at home, for whatever that is worth.

Ming has orchestrated a monumental collapse the past five weeks. But history has told us he would.
We just don’t have the players to compete with the top tier SEC teams. It’s showing up big time right now. Mingione just hasn’t performed with recruiting and that’s the bottom line.

Reactions: Jeff12wb
We just don’t have the players to compete with the top tier SEC teams. It’s showing up big time right now. Mingione just hasn’t performed with recruiting and that’s the bottom line.
This. They've been going after it more with transfers the last couple of seasons because they have to save their jobs and mingione clearly doesn't seem to identify or develop high schoolers too well but they don't get transfers that can really match up to sec standards. We played above our heads some early maybe because of the older transfers, maybe it just happened. We also had the easier part of the schedule when playing well and caught MSU before they got out of their two season total funk in 35 degree weather. We've relied on pitch and play d and to his credit I think Roszel is a good coach but we obviously don't have depth in any area to take on the higher end schools. can we win a series? absolutely, because it's baseball. They did it to UT at the end of last season. But it feels like it's going to take everything we have to wiggle into the tourney and just try to get a win a series the rest of the way. I've seen several of our commitments play. no offense to them but we are way off the sec path of recruiting and we don't develop well, which is what you have to do if you are ky. Unfortunately we wait too long on kids instead of trying to beat good schools by being earlier. They just sit around and sit around. They've essentially adopted a 'go for the portal' philosophy for hitting and get some in state arms for roszel to develop. But they don't get many guys with the kind of arms they need and if they do they are more throwers than pitchers...they go early on mediocre pitching but sit still otherwise. Even if they make the tourney I still don't feel like they know what they're doing it's just try to get portal guys every year and live on them but you die with it too because their hs recruiting is pretty weak. Watching the ul game and seeing our guys standing next to ul players where they are generally long and also athletic bodies that can move just cemented my opinion on what we are doing recruiting wise.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeanCain and dtjr
you would think, but it's clear they're trying every way they can to keep him.
It’s going to take a total collapse for Barnhart to make a change. I think Barnhart and Mingione have the best relationship of any of the coaches at UK.

Just a sickening game. Zero reason to have only scored two runs when we had multiple chances throughout the game.

I need a week off, this series ruined my weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT