ADVERTISEMENT

Can't Believe We Playing Y'all in Elite 8

Apr 10, 2007
Ridiculous.

As a Tar Heel born and bred, by law, I have a healthy sports hatred for UK, but the NCAA screws y'all every year with the tournament draw. Somehow their #3 and #5 teams are in the same bracket?

And the winner likely has to play KU, while the other side of the draw is a joke.

I expect another insane game - hopefully we can hold Fox and Monk to like 50 instead of 71.

Yep it just makes me mad that UK had to play UCLA to get into the elite 8 and then UNC in order to get to the Final Four and then probably KU in order to get to the Final Game. Honestly whoever wins on our side of the bracket in the final four will prob win the whole thing. I agree though the left side of the bracket was hand picked for Duke.

Can't believe that cakewalk y'all had to the elite 8. Meanwhile, we've beaten kenpom #6 and a historically great offensive team that already beat us once this season in our own arena. You guys played scrubs, and got gifted a W against one of them.

you all = y'all.

And yes, implicit in y'all getting screwed is us getting screwed too. Going into the tourney there were only 3 teams who I thought we could play well against and still lose - and UK was #1 on that list. Hell you already did it once.

Pay no mind to some of our posters. It's obvious you are here to talk basketball and not troll. You made a great point. I don't see how the #3 and #5 teams are in the same bracket. The committee puts way too much emphasis on location and we are always going to get screwed by that process because all of the best teams are on the east coast.

I imagine it to be a battle tomorrow and likely come down to the end. It took a monster game from Monk to beat ya'll last time (Jackson had a monster game too) but I'd say it will be lower scoring this time around. We are a much better overall team then we were last time we played. Definitely better defensively and I hope that translate to better play at our 4 spot. Gabriel has been lost for the last few weeks but Willis has really come on strong and is playing better than he ever has. That will need to continue for us to get by UNC.

Let me ask you, what are you hearing about Berry's ankle? We've heard that he tweaked it again last night. Is he going to be 100%?

Pay no mind to some of our posters. It's obvious you are here to talk basketball and not troll. You made a great point. I don't see how the #3 and #5 teams are in the same bracket. The committee puts way too much emphasis on location and we are always going to get screwed by that process because all of the best teams are on the east coast.

I imagine it to be a battle tomorrow and likely come down to the end. It took a monster game from Monk to beat ya'll last time (Jackson had a monster game too) but I'd say it will be lower scoring this time around. We are a much better overall team then we were last time we played. Definitely better defensively and I hope that translate to better play at our 4 spot. Gabriel has been lost for the last few weeks but Willis has really come on strong and is playing better than he ever has. That will need to continue for us to get by UNC.

Let me ask you, what are you hearing about Berry's ankle? We've heard that he tweaked it again last night. Is he going to be 100%?
I have ZERO respect for UNC... they are everything that is wrong with College Basketball... cheaters for life.

Ridiculous.

As a Tar Heel born and bred, by law, I have a healthy sports hatred for UK, but the NCAA screws y'all every year with the tournament draw. Somehow their #3 and #5 teams are in the same bracket?

And the winner likely has to play KU, while the other side of the draw is a joke.

I expect another insane game - hopefully we can hold Fox and Monk to like 50 instead of 71.
It's harder to win the south regional than the championship.

Theo Pinson, who is our best perimeter defender didn't play that game so that should help - he's long and athletic, which is obviously what you need against UK's guards. JJ was great in the first game, though he missed a huge FT late. He and Joel have not been great at the FT line the last few weeks - which is concerning

Joel did tweak his ankle last night when he slipped on a wet spot on the floor. He was fine during the rest of the game but it's a big concern. He seeemed about 90% last night. He's not our best player but he's BY FAR the most important. See the dook game where he gets 4 fouls and we blow a 13 point lead. Seventh Woods is an elite athlete but aint ready for this. From what i've heard, the staff is more concerned about the two-day turnaround than the tweak.

Late season PG injuries are the curse of Carolina - 77 Phil Ford, 84- Kenny Smith, 93- Derrick Phelps, 2012 - Kendall Marshall.

Ridiculous.

I would not call it a joke I would call it over seeding of the ACC.

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

Reactions: Lucid Blue
I personally feel this Cat teams ceiling is the roof!!!!

I have ZERO respect for UNC... they are everything that is wrong with College Basketball... cheaters for life.

Ok, so what?

Doesn't mean we have to be an ass to a UNC fan that came over to talk basketball. He's been very respectful and just came to talk some basketball. Relax! It's not like their fans had anything to do with the scandal.

Last edited:
Chris92heel is ok with the Carolina way. Aren't you?

Yep - even have a sweatshirt that says, "The Carolina Way".
I agree. But most of them refuse to admit/accept it. I blame them for that.

I have tried to not get into this but it is an embarassment of epic proportions - you won't hear me saying otherwise.

That said, the were gut classes that academic advisors steered athletes into, not classes designed specifically for athletes. Other students were aware of these joke classes as well. Which, for the university, is actually worse.

Theo Pinson, who is our best perimeter defender didn't play that game so that should help - he's long and athletic, which is obviously what you need against UK's guards. JJ was great in the first game, though he missed a huge FT late. He and Joel have not been great at the FT line the last few weeks - which is concerning

Joel did tweak his ankle last night when he slipped on a wet spot on the floor. He was fine during the rest of the game but it's a big concern. He seeemed about 90% last night. He's not our best player but he's BY FAR the most important. See the dook game where he gets 4 fouls and we blow a 13 point lead. Seventh Woods is an elite athlete but aint ready for this. From what i've heard, the staff is more concerned about the two-day turnaround than the tweak.

Late season PG injuries are the curse of Carolina - 77 Phil Ford, 84- Kenny Smith, 93- Derrick Phelps, 2012 - Kendall Marshall.

Gotcha! Thanks. I forgot about Pinson not playing against us. I personally think there are a lot of different things that can happen in this game and a lot of different players could be the difference maker. Just a lot of talent on the court on both sides.

Reactions: wyldcatsfan
Yep - even have a sweatshirt that says, "The Carolina Way".

I have tried to not get into this but it is an embarassment of epic proportions - you won't hear me saying otherwise.

That said, the were gut classes that academic advisors steered athletes into, not classes designed specifically for athletes. Other students were aware of these joke classes as well. Which, for the university, is actually worse.
You seem nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT