ADVERTISEMENT

Can't Believe We Playing Y'all in Elite 8

Yep - even have a sweatshirt that says, "The Carolina Way".

I have tried to not get into this but it is an embarassment of epic proportions - you won't hear me saying otherwise.

That said, the were gut classes that academic advisors steered athletes into, not classes designed specifically for athletes. Other students were aware of these joke classes as well. Which, for the university, is actually worse.
At least you'll admit it happened. And it's not the fans fault this stuff happens. IMO UNC shouldn't even be eligible for the tourney this year. They should be punished. But it's not the fans fault this stuff happens. I respect you for saying that. Most won't.

Gotcha! Thanks. I forgot about Pinson not playing against us. I personally think there are a lot of different things that can happen in this game and a lot of different players could be the difference maker. Just a lot of talent on the court on both sides.

UK is a significantly better defensive team now than in December. What yall did to UCLA was probably the most impressive thing i've seen from anyone all year.

The problem for UNC vs UK is that most teams who try to run with us get blowed out (see, e.g., michigan st, numerous times). But it fits exactly how y'all want to play - and you have generally had slightly better athletes.

btw, I swear Fox has gotten taller since december lol

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
At least you'll admit it happened. And it's not the fans fault this stuff happens. IMO UNC shouldn't even be eligible for the tourney this year. They should be punished. But it's not the fans fault this stuff happens. I respect you for saying that. Most won't.

He isn't admitting the basic fact that many of these classes most definitely WERE created for athletes to remain eligible. Just sick of their lies and distortions. They are either uninformed or liars. Either way, I really don't care. They will never admit the truth.

He isn't admitting the basic fact that many of these classes most definitely WERE created for athletes to remain eligible. Just sick of their lies and distortions. They are either uninformed or liars. Either way, I really don't care. They will never admit the truth.
I agree, everyone knows they were created for athletes. The university doesn't care about the average student flunking or not. It was to keep athletes eligible, no other reason.

That said, the were gut classes that academic advisors steered athletes into, not classes designed specifically for athletes. Other students were aware of these joke classes as well. Which, for the university, is actually worse.
They were primarily for student athletes.

The Heels and Cats fans have a mutual respect and healthy fear for this game. It can go either way. We are better than the December game by light years on defense. They have Pinson back and he will help. Berry cannot stay in front of Fox whether is ankle was 100% or not. UNC has a lot of big bodies and Justin Jackson presents major matchup problems for us at the three. I think it comes down to how the refs call the game. If you lose Berry like you did against Duke you will probably lose. Either way it's a shame the winner gets KU (my guess) next game instead of the final.

He still roots for them. That's on him.

This is ridiculous. While I love the delicious irony of the self-described "moral high ground" of college basketball being found to have been cheating academically for decades, you know that their fans hate it as we would if the tables were turned. What do you expect them to do, root for someone else?

If we were found to be doing this, you know that I'd be ashamed but I'm never going to stop rooting for Kentucky. Putting my support behind another basketball team is simply not an option. I'd rather just not watch college basketball.

As for the average Carolina fan's denial, it's only human. It's hope. It won't sink in until punishment is handed down (if it ever is).

Reactions: GridCats
Ridiculous.

As a Tar Heel born and bred, by law, I have a healthy sports hatred for UK, but the NCAA screws y'all every year with the tournament draw. Somehow their #3 and #5 teams are in the same bracket?

And the winner likely has to play KU, while the other side of the draw is a joke.

I expect another insane game - hopefully we can hold Fox and Monk to like 50 instead of 71.

I'd like to know if you think the Hogs were screwed?

UK is a significantly better defensive team now than in December. What yall did to UCLA was probably the most impressive thing i've seen from anyone all year.

The problem for UNC vs UK is that most teams who try to run with us get blowed out (see, e.g., michigan st, numerous times). But it fits exactly how y'all want to play - and you have generally had slightly better athletes.

btw, I swear Fox has gotten taller since december lol

Yeah, I'm not so sure we want to run and gun with you guys tomorrow. The thing that I've liked the most from our team lately is that we've been able to play great half court defense and grind out games. I think that's been the most impressive thing about our team lately. I don't think we want to get in an up and down sprint with you guys. I imagine Cal will try to slow you all down as much as possible. We really have to get back on defense. Last night we gave up a few early points on the outlets but adjusted really quickly.

I really think it could go either way but I like our team and I like how we are playing right now. Then again, you've got to like how your Heels are playing now too. It's a shame that this game isn't next week.

It's adorable. It's like watching a baby fanbase take its first steps with confidence into the world.

And like all newborn college bball fans, their first words are "Duke sucks".
That made me laugh.. They are kinda uniquely entitled, though. They did the whole world a service when they sent Duke home. I might even buy a hat that says "Cocks."

Ridiculous.

As a Tar Heel born and bred, by law, I have a healthy sports hatred for UK, but the NCAA screws y'all every year with the tournament draw. Somehow their #3 and #5 teams are in the same bracket?

And the winner likely has to play KU, while the other side of the draw is a joke.

I expect another insane game - hopefully we can hold Fox and Monk to like 50 instead of 71.
Can't believe it either, but mainly because I can't believe you all are even being allowed to participate at all?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Difference in the game? Defense just like it has been every game so far. Rebound the basketball and we win, simple as that.

UK 70
UNC 65

OP how many fake classes did you take?

The sad part is IF UNCheat happens to win it all you will never hear another thing about this scandal or probation...that's the "NCAA way" when it comes to dealing with Puke and uncheat!

I'm certainly not proud of what took place, but This has been corrected. Be careful judging others, given your school's and coaches' history. History often repeats itself.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know Roy was fired and banners came down and Dean Smyth's name was removed from the record books! That is sooooo nice to know that ya'll corrected it all. Bout time!

UNC is my favorite rivalry. The games are always great and all the Tar Heel fans I've encountered after and during games have been class. It's unfortunate this is an elite 8 game and not a national title game and I think the winner today does win the championship.

UNC is my favorite rivalry. The games are always great and all the Tar Heel fans I've encountered after and during games have been class. It's unfortunate this is an elite 8 game and not a national title game and I think the winner today does win the championship.

Always had a good experience with UK fans, both at neutral sites and in Lexington.

Gametime approaches and I'm officially a wreck.

Won't lie and say good luck, so good health! No heart attacks or strokes today.

Ridiculous.

Yall about to get yall @$$e$ whipped real good. you are not gonna like what you see.

I'm a nervous wreck
but you can ask the guys here - I'm usually excessively nervous anyway

Thanks, OP for coming here respectfully. Should be a great game today

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT