ADVERTISEMENT

Can we shoot now?

UNC and Uconn were given a LOT more leeway than what's given to Kentucky. UNC had 4 straight officiating snafu's and Uconn had two guards who were allowed to do what they please on the court, while no one could look at them wrong.

I'm not saying those teams couldn't win it, or that they weren't. But I'm not sure they win the title if they had to play straight-up.

No need in being coy about it bud. You and I both know UNCheat wouldn't have won it without the biased officiating. UK was the better team. No doubt about it.

Knox has been praised for improving his perimeter shot. We have that 4 star guard as well that committed recently- can't remember his name right now, whose known as a shooter.

Green is said by scouts to have a reliable 3 pt shot. Don't know about Alexander.

Diallo, before UK, was described as "streaky." So there's that.

Jemarl Baker is his name. This kid is an elite shooter and if he can play defense decently, will be a contributor next year, in my opinion. If we can get Diallo and Bamba, we are going to be scary good guys! While Knox isn't a "deadeye" shooter, he's a capable shooter now and I think he will be a really good shooter for us next year. I've heard he has improved on his shooting and that only adds to his versatility. Diallo has allegedly improved his shot greatly since arriving on campus. Also think Wenyen and SKJ will be threats from the 3 pt line. So, I don't think shooting will be as much of an issue as what people think.

As with any young team, the percentages will improve as the season moves along and we may not have the best percentages from deep, they will improve as they learn to take better shots through the year.

What I don't get is for the past year or so all I've heard and read was how great of a 3 point shooter knox is....now its.considered a weakness, what happened?

Last edited:
Reactions: Brando Mac
What I don't get is for h past year or so all I've hear and read was how great of a 3 point shooter knox is....now its.considered a weakness, what happened?

Nothing happened, people don't know what they are talking about.

Knox is not a shooter and not a good three point shooter. He was under 30% in high school and shot 24.8% in the EYBL.

Adding him helps our offense as he can score but it absolutely does not help our 3 point shooting.

What I have seen in most of the boys that we have picked up for next year most are reliable outside shooters. When you watch Vanderbilt and Washington play during their senior season they both are good outside shooters and can also shoot from 3. Green and Alexander both are good shooters and can shoot from 3. Recruiting experts have said that Knox has improved his 3 point shooting over his last year of High School basketball. When you look at our line-up with Green, Alexander, Baker, Vanderbilt, Washington, and now Knox this is probably one of the better overall shooting teams since Coach Cal arrived at Kentucky. We are also still recruiting Cam Johnson which shot 41% at Pitt last year and if we do get him he will have 2 years and he is an outstanding outside shooter and 3 point shooter. This team on paper looks as talented a team we had at Kentucky under Coach Cal.

Baker is considered by some the best 3 ball shooter in the entire 2017 high school class
I don't know a whole lot about Baker beyond his shooting. 40+% is exceptional, but if he can't D up, he won't play.
Hopefully he is a really good defender, because it would be nice to have a shooter like that on the floor as much as possible.

Reactions: kyups01

Knox is not a shooter and not a good three point shooter. He was under 30% in high school and shot 24.8% in the EYBL.

Adding him helps our offense as he can score but it absolutely does not help our 3 point shooting.
Thats wild as hell. I remember people acting like he was the best 3 point shooter in the class

Knox shot 33% from 3 on 199 attempts as a Junior and 35% from 3 on 213 attempts as a Senior, per MaxPreps. Not great, but solid and should help us in that area. Knox actually shot a slightly higher percentage (though on less attempts) than Baker, who is considered an elite 3 point shooter, during their senior seasons.

What I don't get is for the past year or so all I've heard and read was how great of a 3 point shooter knox is....now its.considered a weakness, what happened?

Kids are only shooters when this board thinks they're going to Duke.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
What I have seen in most of the boys that we have picked up for next year most are reliable outside shooters. When you watch Vanderbilt and Washington play during their senior season they both are good outside shooters and can also shoot from 3. Green and Alexander both are good shooters and can shoot from 3. Recruiting experts have said that Knox has improved his 3 point shooting over his last year of High School basketball. When you look at our line-up with Green, Alexander, Baker, Vanderbilt, Washington, and now Knox this is probably one of the better overall shooting teams since Coach Cal arrived at Kentucky. We are also still recruiting Cam Johnson which shot 41% at Pitt last year and if we do get him he will have 2 years and he is an outstanding outside shooter and 3 point shooter. This team on paper looks as talented a team we had at Kentucky under Coach Cal.

Almost anyone can shoot from 3. Unless Vanderbilt has improved I dont see him being a great 3 point shooter, which is fine because he does a lot of other things really well

If you're talking specifically about shooters I would rather have a pure knockdown shooter than having multiple guys who hit one early and it becomes the other teams best defense later in the game

The last two years we've lacked balance as much as shooting ability. If we get Bamba to shore up the interior and with threats everywhere else on the floor (including a solid wing - finally!), we'll get plenty of open looks. Average 3 point shooting is all we'll need to terrorize opponents.

The last two years we've lacked balance as much as shooting ability. If we get Bamba to shore up the interior and with threats everywhere else on the floor (including a solid wing - finally!), we'll get plenty of open looks. Average 3 point shooting is all we'll need to terrorize opponents.

Ole Poop? That's the best name you could come up with??

Hope there is a (funny) story behind that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT