ADVERTISEMENT

Can we be honest about Cal?

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Cal trotted out his same old tired line before this game … “I can’t wait to see who we are” blah blah blah.

Well guess what Cal, they are who you coach them to be. So far tonight we’ve seen straight up AWFUL lineup combinations, no offensive rhythm at all, Cal doing absolutely nothing to get his shooters Reeves and Fredrick open looks, Wheeler our supposed all world point guard repeatedly passing the ball to a clueless baby giraffe Damion Collins out past the 3-point line, no sign whatsoever of Onyenso, Toppin taking his typical dumb shots (lucked into a fadeaway), Lance Ware seeing the floor why exactly? Livingston starting for no particular reason… on and on.

This Michigan State team is SCRUBS y’all. Straight scrubs. We should be blowing these fools out. If it wasn’t for a gimpy Oscar Tshiebwe we’d be getting demolished right now. Year after year we watch Cal handcuff all this talent. My God it gets old. Why can’t Cal see the most basic shit?

And by the way, if we win tonight, I know the Cal nut huggers will bump this thread to dog me. But it won’t change the fact we are watching garbage basketball and have been for years whenever we play a team with a pulse.

Cal trotted out his same old tired line before this game … “I can’t wait to see who we are” blah blah blah.

Well guess what Cal, they are who you coach them to be. So far tonight we’ve seen straight up AWFUL lineup combinations, no offensive rhythm at all, Cal doing absolutely nothing to get his shooters Reeves and Fredrick open looks, Wheeler our supposed all world point guard repeatedly passing the ball to a clueless baby giraffe Damion Collins out past the 3-point line, no sign whatsoever of Aug on a Onyenso, Toppin taking his typical dumb shots (lucked into a fadeaway), Lance Ware seeing the floor why exactly? Livingston starting for no particular reason… on and on.

This Michigan State team is SCRUBS y’all. Straight scrubs. We should be blowing these fools out. If it wasn’t for a gimpy Oscar Tshiebwe we’d be getting demolished right now. Year after year we watch Cal handcuff all this talent. My God it gets old. Why can’t Cal see the most basic shit?

And by the way, if we win tonight, I know the Cal but huggers will bump this thread to dog me. But it won’t change the fact we are watching garbage basketball and have been for years whenever we play a team with a pulse.

Not disagreeing with some of your points but did you not watch the Kansas, unc and first tn games last year? They had pulses and uk dominated all 3.

Not disagreeing with some of your points but did you not watch the Kansas, unc and first tn games last year? They had pulses and uk dominated all 3.

Yeah I watched them. All teams that tried to run. Whenever teams do that we’re great. When they force us into halfcourt we’re average AF. And Cal has no answers.

As people have said in the game thread, why allow the other team to ALWAYS dictate the tempo? Can we not impose our will on somebody just once?

Every year fans have to find a player to criticize rather than addressing the real problem.

How about we let our Oscar and Wheeler get their legs under them before we determine the years over already lol.

Reactions: sam_o
Every year fans have to find a player to criticize rather than addressing the real problem.

Cal deflects though. Without throwing any particular player under the bus, he talks about them being empowered, find out what we’re made of, blah blah. But at some point you have to coach them.

It’s never Cal’s fault.

Well guess what Cal, they are who you coach them to be. So far tonight we’ve seen straight up AWFUL lineup combinations, no offensive rhythm at all, Cal doing absolutely nothing to get his shooters Reeves and Fredrick open looks, Wheeler our supposed all world point guard repeatedly passing the ball to a clueless baby giraffe Damion Collins out past the 3-point line, no sign whatsoever of Onyenso, Toppin taking his typical dumb shots (lucked into a fadeaway), Lance Ware seeing the floor why exactly? Livingston starting for no particular reason… on and on.

And by the way, if we win tonight, I know the Cal nut huggers will bump this thread to dog me. But it won’t change the fact we are watching garbage basketball and have been for years whenever we play a team with a pulse.
It's just Calipari being Calipari. He's reminding us of the insanity definition. He picks seven and the rest of the team never sees the floor.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
I don’t think Cal wants number one seeds. He wants lower seeds so he can whine about what a screw job we got and then when we lose it won’t be seen as a gigantic disappointment. Not to Cal: it still will.

Wheeler, Toppin, Ware, Reeves, Frederick, and player of the f*cking year Oscar...... and this is how we look to start the season? Even if we win, and also beat Gonzaga ...and even if we go undefeated in the non conference, there is no excuse for years of underperforming awful losses in november and early december and not changing how you approach the preseason and early season ... we look like crud with young teams, old teams, stars and good college players that might not be NBA material but should be good enough to kick butt at the college level even early in the season.

it doesnt matter if we win tonight, win against gonzaga.....etc. win or lose, doing the same thing over and over and over again expecting different results well....... maybe you can call Cal insane

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Have we seen Wallace/Fredrick/reeves on the floor together for a second tonight?

The answer is no. Because John Calipari is a moron. Wheeler plays way too much and it will eventually hurt us.

• Love
Reactions: Wonky
It is incredibly frustrating to have ugly half court offense and lack of good open shots, year after year. It's scheme, it's coaching, for sure. Don't really agree with most of the personnel criticisms. I don't see this as a game for Onyenso. His defensive positioning is suspect, and he has rebounded just by being big, not by having good position and blocking out. Ware is unfairly hated on here, he's limited offensively but he's solid defensively, is at least in the right spots. I would like to see Thiero - I've also seen flaws in his game that will be exploited by a better team, in particular he's been very loose with his handle and is going to get it stolen from him easily. But Livingston hasn't performed well today so I dunno.

Cal doesn’t coach he just plays whoever he feels he can make happy. Btw cal can’t coach. This is pretty bad. Wheeler has killed us 12 ways to Sunday. Gets beat by his man ugonna has to rotate. So many examples of this type of garbage all game. I don’t think cal can read the game tbh

Wonder how long people will keep whining like babies about Cal. Why even watch? Go out and enjoy life instead of making your own lives miserable.

OmahaCats, already laughing at you and ILWildcat and Kybass and Herroes and Ed20323 and kl504 and Rockfly and the rest of that gang - yeah, you can’t be honest with them. But tons of us are quite reasonable and we’re honest too. Cal will not win any more titles. And this iteration is weak AF.
Hey a name drop! Kiss my ass lady.

Can’t teach an old Dog new tricks. Unless CAL can get a generational talent he can’t get out of his own way….. can’t teach an old Dog new tricks and he isn’t going to change anything

Reactions: rabbitTown
Can’t teAch an old Dog new tricks. Unless CAL can get a generational talent he can’t get out of his own way….. can’t teach an old Dog new tricks and he isn’t going to change anything.

Kentucky fans can absolutely discuss who he is. Cowbois absolutely cannot discuss who Calipari is.

This is where it gets ugly.... How about that!!! Tell everyone Cal how you coach...Nah, you just show them...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT