ADVERTISEMENT

Can Reed withdraw from the draft

Can Reed still withdraw from the draft
I read somewhere he was testing the waters and could come back. That would be awesome
My guy is going to "test those waters" and find out they are filled with tens of millions of dollars.

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

He's gone.

I GUARANTEE Reed falls in the draft, somewhere between 15 - 25.

The media hated Cal and hates our fanbase, they overhype Kentucky players in the mock drafts to help push them out early.

Not saying he shouldn’t have left, it’s really hard to stay when you’re a 1st round pick. I have my doubts about his longevity in the NBA though, in which case, staying at Kentucky for an extra year and being a hero to the entire state might’ve been a smarter play in the long run.

Jeeee-zus Christ, dude. Let it go. Take off the tinfoil hat and let it go.
images

Reactions: HeismaNole
I heard he was leaning towards withdrawing from the draft and going back to play for CMP, so a less fortunate player can end generational poverty instead. Reed always deferring 😊

Those drinking the top five pick kool aid really don’t have a clue

He was absolutely exposed vs the juggernaut athletes of Oakland.

And really it’s been stuff like that all season. All of his deficiencies were overlooked because he’s a white legacy Kentucky kid. He had spurts of great play(basically his shots were falling) sandwiched between bone headed Ill timed plays. He lost us Kansas and Oakland. But the hatred of cal made people forget those moments. They forget he played a ton of minutes bc he didn’t get the first two.

He absolutely could improve his nba outlook with more speed, better defense and eliminating awful turnovers.

If we treated Reed with the same scale of hatred as we do cal or anyone else who we don’t think did good enough for us lately, his cult following would have severely dwindled after he not just didn’t show up but severely hindered us in the tournament and then bailed. I think this board has labeled ALL the others as mercenaries. But I guess that we change that when it’s a legacy from Kentucky.

And really it’s been stuff like that all season. All of his deficiencies were overlooked because he’s a white legacy Kentucky kid. He had spurts of great play(basically his shots were falling) sandwiched between bone headed Ill timed plays. He lost us Kansas and Oakland. But the hatred of cal made people forget those moments. They forget he played a ton of minutes bc he didn’t get the first two.

He absolutely could improve his nba outlook with more speed, better defense and eliminating awful turnovers.

If we treated Reed with the same scale of hatred as we do cal or anyone else who we don’t think did good enough for us lately, his cult following would have severely dwindled after he not just didn’t show up but severely hindered us in the tournament and then bailed. I think this board has labeled ALL the others as mercenaries. But I guess that we change that when it’s a legacy from Kentucky.

I’m quite certain NBA scouts don’t give a flippin shit about him being a “white legacy Kentucky kid.” And they’re the ones who seem to hold him in such high regard as a pro prospect, not UK fans.

I also don’t think he’ll go “top five”, but it’s very clear his draft stock is at a place where entering the draft now is his smartest move.

I’m quite certain NBA scouts don’t give a flippin shit about him being a “white legacy Kentucky kid.” And they’re the ones who seem to hold him in such high regard as a pro prospect, not UK fans.

I also don’t think he’ll go “top five”, but it’s very clear his draft stock is at a place where entering the draft now is his smartest move.

Reading is hard. I know. Gotta be quick to jump to something I didn’t even say.

Here I’ll help. This board is the subject I was referencing with that statement.

Where is the nba scout mock draft? Havnt seen that one yet. Media types aren’t scouts. And the full draft eligible roster is not set. Smartest move according to who? I see him falling to 15-25 and not being anywhere fast, aggressive or mean to get any meaningful run in year one. He could DEFINITELY improve to that top ten status by eliminating the negatives while being the main ball handler. To say otherwise is silly. Unless you think he isn’t anywhere close to as good as this board would have you think.

I read somewhere he was testing the waters and could come back. That would be awesome
Well, I am no expert but I think there is very little drop off to Travis Perry. Would have been awkward with both of them. Perry can shoot every bit as good. And he can create a shot.....Reed struggled with that. True, Perry is a bit smaller in frame and height but he has better handles and can do a lot of stuff. I think you are going to be very happy. Good for Reed. He made it. But Perry may make you forget.

This is the main reason why I know he's not coming back. The more Reed gets on film the worse it is for his draft stock. Now is the time to go.

You will be OK CAl is gone. :)
Cal Be Sucking had nothing to do with my response. I doubt there's anyone on here happier than me that he's gone. But I won't be OK until I break 70 which I've shot many times.

As for Reed, at this point he's just another in the rather long line of recent one and dones, who, with few exceptions, accomplished very little at UK.

• Wow
Reactions: westerncat
If you had just asked the question, I think you would’ve gotten kinder treatment.

It was the part where you claimed to have read something that absolutely nobody has reported that set off bullshit detectors and made you sound like someone who might be trolling.
IF you can answer this queston he is 200% gone. Whos his agent?

Another troll under the bridge
What reason would I have to be a troll. There is certainly no information. Ask a sensible question you only get smart answers. I seriously doubt he’s a top ten pick. I was watching uk since 1966. What about you.

Well, I am no expert but I think there is very little drop off to Travis Perry. Would have been awkward with both of them. Perry can shoot every bit as good. And he can create a shot.....Reed struggled with that. True, Perry is a bit smaller in frame and height but he has better handles and can do a lot of stuff. I think you are going to be very happy. Good for Reed. He made it. But Perry may make you forget.
No reason to not have them both on the roster, and both in at the same time. Cal wouldn't have, but Pope is smart enough to make it happen.

I didn’t claim to read anything I did. I thought it was a simple question. I have no idea who he’s agent is. I assumed he’s dad.
Didn’t post to be rude, however once you get an agent that’s registered with the NBA, your considered a pro already. You may be correct but I don’t think Jeff is his agent legally. But neither, Jeff or Reed are stupid in the process. Unless anyone thinks to make the biggest splash he would come back it would be to play for Jeff’s friend, Coach Pope. And that would be the biggest story in basketball, putting loyalty ahead of money. That’s why no one thinks it will happen but no one thought Pope would be Coach, and no one thought 30,000 would try to get into Rupp, so anything could happen. The wise move and the smart move are two separate things.

Let's just be thankful that we got to see him 1 year at UK. Can't blame Reed for fulfilling his dream to play in the NBA. Wish nothing but the best for him.
His dream was probably to work five to ten years and make a lifetime worth of money. I'm sure he didn't even think this was possible after one year. This was a financial decision. I'm sure he would of loved to have stayed at UK, but he is going to make life comfortable for generations of his future family.

I heard he was going back to High School and starting his college recruitment again.

I agree with most of what you say about Reed, although I think he was much better offensively than you give him credit for. But the mock drafts still have him as a top 10 pick, so he has to go. As much as he was exposed in big games (he was an absolute deer in the headlights against Oakland, looked scared), if he stays with less talent around him he will get exposed more. As far as improving his speed, defense and decision making, he can learn that in the NBA or GLeague just as easy and be getting paid more to do it.

What reason would I have to be a troll. There is certainly no information. Ask a sensible question you only get smart answers. I seriously doubt he’s a top ten pick. I was watching uk since 1966. What about you.
Why don't you post under your real name on here if you want to have a serious conversation

As much as he was exposed in big games (he was an absolute deer in the headlights against Oakland, looked scared)
This is just speculation on my part, but I think a lot of his performance had to do with coaching. Reed's aggressiveness dropped from the first half of the TAM game until the season was over. My guess is he was told at halftime of that game to stop looking for shots in favor of "ball movement." This "coaching" carried over to the Oakland game. Another reason you to be happy that the greasy carpetbagger on the sidelines is gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT