ADVERTISEMENT

Can Reed withdraw from the draft

Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

@52T
If your question is, “Is it possible for a player to withdraw from the NBA Draft?” the answer is “yes.” Here’s some info from 2023. I think most everyone is agreed that Reed will not do this, however.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Watch his freaking “Next Step” farewell video. Even absent any other information at all, you should be able to tell that doesn’t come from a guy who’s leaving the door cracked even a tiny bit for a possible return. Not a 5% chance he returns. Not a 1% chance he returns.

Reactions: Fox2monk
First I ask a simple question. You can call anything you want. I read it somewhere on this board. You basically called me a liar which I don’t appreciate. I could probably find the link but I’m not spending a day looking for it. I didn’t realize asking a simple question would put me on trial. Someone else obviously thought it and I wonder. Chill out. Im not trying to start anything. I’m probably not as informed as you and felt the need for some info

To the OP's question, yes he can unless he gets an agent, if by May 29. Or is that agent part no longer applicable because of NIL (they do seem to have NIL agents)?

All of these others are giving their OPINIONS on what happens, not what could happen. And yes, they are probably right. But things can change, you never know. Say Reed does a workout for the top teams wanting a PG, and they see he's not strong enough or quick enough to contribute as a rookie, and say something like "we'll probably pass unless he falls to our 2nd pick at #20". Then yeah, in that unlikely event, I could see him possibly changing his mind and returning (to get stronger, probably not going to get quicker).

If I am an NBA team, I have a solid G-league guy (23-26yo, from the same position) at the workout for the (any) draft prospect to go up against.

Another troll that checks all the boxes @jedwar @IL Wildcat @Deeeefense
What boxes. I watched my first game in the 1966 final four. I’ve not missed a broadcast game I was in range of since. I’ve lived in ky most of my life. I bleed blue. Also graduated from a ky hi school. I did go to college in Nashville. Does that make me a troll. I checked no boxes but u did. TROUBLE MAKER

What boxes. I watched my first game in the 1966 final four. I’ve not missed a broadcast game I was in range of since. I’ve lived in ky most of my life. I bleed blue. Also graduated from a ky hi school. I did go to college in Nashville. Does that make me a troll. I checked no boxes but u did. TROUBLE MAKER
Didn't you just post here yesterday under the account "the last ronin"?

I still would have at least gone through the workouts and see what the final NBA evals were.. allowing the option to come back if he was more looking like a 15th-ish pick.. but whatever.

I GUARANTEE Reed falls in the draft, somewhere between 15 - 25.

The media hated Cal and hates our fanbase, they overhype Kentucky players in the mock drafts to help push them out early.

Not saying he shouldn’t have left, it’s really hard to stay when you’re a 1st round pick. I have my doubts about his longevity in the NBA though, in which case, staying at Kentucky for an extra year and being a hero to the entire state might’ve been a smarter play in the long run.

I read it somewhere on this board.
So your source for “I read somewhere” is allegedly a Rupp Rafter post? LOL

Even that claim seems dubious. Reed’s statement clearly indicated someone 100% committed to the draft. I have not seen anyone …here or anywhere else …claim that he’s just testing the waters.

I GUARANTEE Reed falls in the draft, somewhere between 15 - 25.

The media hated Cal and hates our fanbase, they overhype Kentucky players in the mock drafts to help push them out early.

Not saying he shouldn’t have left, it’s really hard to stay when you’re a 1st round pick. I have my doubts about his longevity in the NBA though, in which case, staying at Kentucky for an extra year and being a hero to the entire state might’ve been a smarter play in the long run.
Jeeee-zus Christ, dude. Let it go. Take off the tinfoil hat and let it go.

Please let it go. Reed is gone.

I have a better chance of playing for UK next year than Reed, and I exhausted my eligibility in 2003.

Reactions: HeismaNole
First I ask a simple question. You can call anything you want. I read it somewhere on this board. You basically called me a liar which I don’t appreciate. I could probably find the link but I’m not spending a day looking for it. I didn’t realize asking a simple question would put me on trial. Someone else obviously thought it and I wonder. Chill out. Im not trying to start anything. I’m probably not as informed as you and felt the need for some info
Welcome to the jungle of RR, thanks for stopping by and visiting

The dedication and commitment this poor SOB has to Cal is impressive. If his coach had this much drive, none of this would be relevant.

I guess if he absolutely bombed the combine and all prior workouts and drops to around 20-30 it’s possible. But that’s what it would take.

I didn’t realize asking a simple question would put me on trial.
If you had just asked the question, I think you would’ve gotten kinder treatment.

It was the part where you claimed to have read something that absolutely nobody has reported that set off bullshit detectors and made you sound like someone who might be trolling.

Reactions: CELTICAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT