ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Mills, Tony Delk, Doron Lamb, or Devin Booker?

My point on Booker winning the NC and being the sweetest shooter comes from my view of another Wildcat that did not win a NC. I think Meeks had a really sweet shot but when you hear people talk about great shooters they think of Dampier and Delk, and even Lamb. Winning the NC gives people that extra feeling that those who did it were the best.

Lamb. He epitomized consistency. Don't remember him ever having a slump. That's pretty incredible.

Booker has been on fire. But couldn't buy a shot early on. So we'll just have to wait.

One name Noone mentionmentions is Ulis. Kids almost automatic when he's open. Also very consistent.

Booker, Lamb, Meeks, Delk, Mills...
yeah I know that is a small team. but how much fun would that be to have as a starting 5. I'd play that video game for a bit.

Originally posted by DCFseattle:

Originally posted by Poetax:

Originally posted by Blue Bleeding Marine:
Sweetest stroke, all around best shooter....who ya got?
Well all of them but Booker has a NC ring. I really hope that Booker's sweet shot helps get us #9. Then we can decide who was the best shooter.
winning a championship has absolutely nothing to do with how well one shoots.
DCF, I know you mean something like "a player can have a great shot, but his team may not win the national championship" BUT how can it be possible that winning a championship "has absolutely nothing" to to do with how well one shoots?

If one shoots well, one scores more points, if one scores more points, one helps the team win, if the team wins... That's like saying "a quarterback with an accurate throwing arm has absolutely nothing to do with winning a championship." I too think Booker's got the kind of sweet shot that can help us get #9!

One thing I look at is the D that is being played against us. If it is man to man primarily against your team and you have a player hit close to 50% that is simply amazing. If their is zone played packing it in and you have open looks all day then you will have open looks all day. If you can hit the 3 your gonna have a field day with that. I think a man to man guy hitting 40% or more is very good. If it's some it needs to be a good bit higher as you don't have to run around everywhere trying to shed your defender on a screen or lost in traffic and get enough space to get a shot off in their face.

I think Ford was the best shooter we have had since he was so short he had to take most of his 3's several feet back. I remember him hiring one against IU I think it was by the hash mark. He hit a ton of long shots like that.
If Booker continues on this tear then he has to be mentioned as well. But he is open all the time and doesn't have to shed the D. Stop, catch and shoot or in today's game just catch and shoot.

Originally posted by Poetax:
I think Meeks had a really sweet shot but when you hear people talk about great shooters they think of Dampier and Delk, and even Lamb. Winning the NC gives people that extra feeling that those who did it were the best.
But Dampier never won a national championship.

Booker has the best shot among UK players in my memory, which dates to 1976. Better than Shidler, Claytor, Macy, Master, Miller, Ford, Delk, Mills, Prince, Meeks, Lamb and anyone else I may have forgotten. And not that it matters, but I think he's going to have a long career in the NBA....

If you asked me who will be the most accomplished UK pro shooter, I'll take Booker. In the age of the 3 pointer, he's destined for glory in the League.

And yes, if Louie was in the League today, HE would have Booker's open door to glory too.

Think I'd have to go with Louie Dampier. Played only 3 yrs and scored over 1500 pts. Dude could flat out fill it up from the outside.

I'm going with Doron. Pretty impressive to make the number of threes that he did in his two years at a 47% clip.

ADVERTISEMENT