ADVERTISEMENT

Cameron Mills, Tony Delk, Doron Lamb, or Devin Booker?

Originally posted by Blue Bleeding Marine:
Sweetest stroke, all around best shooter....who ya got?
Well all of them but Booker has a NC ring. I really hope that Booker's sweet shot helps get us #9. Then we can decide who was the best shooter.

Originally posted by Poetax:

Well all of them but Booker has a NC ring. I really hope that Booker's sweet shot helps get us #9. Then we can decide who was the best shooter.
winning a championship has absolutely nothing to do with how well one shoots.

Agree

I thought Travis Ford had one of those strokes where it looked good every time he shot it -Booker's is similar, you think it's going good.

Remember him struggling in the Bahamas? That seems like ten years ago.

I don't know, man. Still early for Booker, but he has to have one of, if not the purest looking strokes of any of them that I've seen. (I barely remember Dampier so I can't comment knowledgeably about him. Kyle Macy and Jim Master had great outside form, too.) Delk had a funny rotation on his shot, so not the purest form, but damn the dude could shoot.

I've always been a HUGE Doron Lamb fan...one of the most clutch, consistent shooters I've ever seen. I literally felt every time he shot, the ball was going in. I'm starting to get that feeling with Booker, but there's still over half the season to go.

This post was edited on 1/17 6:19 PM by bigbluelou

The guy wasn't kidding about Louie Dampier.... I would place Booker, Dan Issel, and Givens right up there with Booker.....

I think Booker will be in the NBA next year, but I don't see a zone causing this team trouble again....

I like Booker's form better (that's what she said). Lamb was just under 50% for two whole seasons. Dampier played before the 3 pt line though, so no way to tell what he would have shot.

mills, delk, lamb all had championship winning threes during their tourney runs. lamb in the ku title game, delk with 7 vs syracuse. mills didn't miss in '97 and had two huge shots in the comeback vs utah and of course the duke shot. booker is a stud and will be the better pro, but shots like the ones mentioned win championships. i see booker being the guy, but i'm going to wait and see before i put him over lamb/delk/mills for a tourney time shooter. i do like booker's stroke the most, but if that were the only attribute to be considered the best shooter at uk then there are many others worth mentioning. you bring up former champs you'll get this type response from me. booker is on fire, and he'll be a man in march. just have to wait.

Lamb did it consistently AND when it mattered. So did Delk. If Booker shoots it well come tourney time, he'll be up there with the others.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by DCFseattle:
winning a championship has absolutely nothing to do with how well one shoots.
They all has sweet looking shots, I'm hoping Booker's leads to a NC too.

Louie Dampier is the greates SHOOTER to play for UK--until--

Devin Booker. The pull up foul line make when bama was on a run, and the step back 3 to send um to their dorms with loads of time remaining are indicative of the Booker shooting prowess.

Louis is the greatest--until Booker!!

"Book IT!"

rr

Originally posted by bigbluelou:
I don't know, man. Still early for Booker, but he has to have one of, if not the purest looking strokes of any of them that I've seen. (I barely remember Dampier so I can't comment knowledgeably about him. Kyle Macy and Jim Master had great outside form, too.) Delk had a funny rotation on his shot, so not the purest form, but damn the dude could shoot.

I've always been a HUGE Doron Lamb fan...one of the most clutch, consistent shooters I've ever seen. I literally felt every time he shot, the ball was going in. I'm starting to get that feeling with Booker, but there's still over half the season to go.

This post was edited on 1/17 6:19 PM by bigbluelou
You read my mind

^ in what way? as overall player? of course not. in terms of % and clutch shooting he definitely belongs. did you watch him in the '97 tournament? we don't even get through the regional without him. not to mention the 98 title game.

Remember how Young came in with the rep of a pure shooter?

Booker is simply a gun slinger.

And of the 2, I wouldn't trade Booker for Blackmon as I didn't think both would go to the same school.

Originally posted by KMKAT:
Remember how Young came in with the rep of a pure shooter?

Booker is simply a gun slinger.

And of the 2, I wouldn't trade Booker for Blackmon as I didn't think both would go to the same school.
Booker also plays defense

Lamb is the all time greatest 3 point percentage leader
Booker could break that record this year

21ci0.jpg

Doron, if he shot it I expected it to go in, now Booker is getting close but not quite doron, yet.....

Rick Mount had the best form of any shooter I have ever seen, until Devin Booker.

Booker's shot form is picture perfect.

All were amazing shooters but Booker's size and ability to create IMO gives him the best shot at being a very good NBA player.

Of those four, right now I would say Cameron Mills. If Booker keeps going like he is he could overtake him. One thing to think about, Mills never had the freedom to go through 1-11 shooting slumps. He was a shooter and if he wasn,t hitting he wasn't playing. Other than these four it would be DAMPIER!

He was extremely cold early in the year, been on a hot streak for a while now. Kid can obviously stroke it, but I reserve comparison judgments until once the season is completed.

Meeks and Lamb looked good every time it left their hand! So far Booker has been up and down and never quits shooting, like that about Dbook... gotta give it to Lamb!!

You can drop Mills out of this and insert Prince, Bookers shot is as sweet a Delks ,Meeks and Prince . It's hard to pick against any of those.

I love Tony, Lamb was good and Cameron was not great but a real fan favorite. However I must say that in my time, there has never been a trio like Aaron, Ulis and Booker. I do believe they are a unique group for the Kentucky program. And Booker is the best of them and may prove to be the best ever! Just last summer there was a thread here saying that Kentucky never gets great shooters like Tennessee did in Chris Lofton. Well, naysayers, we not only got a boatload of shooters this year, but Booker may be the best ever.

Booker is a special shooter
guys think about this, he is shooting for his career 11% higher then Delk did
granted his career is just starting, but wow

ADVERTISEMENT