ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari running a zone ???

It’s been like Christmas to me. Team won the gold, offense looked great, we played zone, Reed Shepard surprised me how great he played, etc. Everyone should be happy and thankful for what we got to see this summer. I think we have a very talented basketball team and I absolutely can’t wait for the season to start.

Reactions: University-6
It’s been like Christmas to me. Team won the gold, offense looked great, we played zone, Reed Shepard surprised me how great he played, etc. Everyone should be happy and thankful for what we got to see this summer. I think we have a very talented basketball team and I absolutely can’t wait for the season to start.
amen

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
I missed all of the comments on the first couple of games in Canada, and I don't think I've seen a post today about the fact that Calipari ran a 2-3 zone defense for significant minutes today against ABL. If this subject has already been talked about, I apologize.
Yes, there was some talk in the game thread and in a couple other threads about it. An APB was put out in search of John Calipari and a DNA sample was taken of the impostor who took his place on the sideline. I had just watched the new Mission Impossible movie earlier that day and I half expected Calipari to turn and pull off his mask at the end of the game to reveal that he was, in fact, Jim Boeheim. 🤣

But seriously, it was a good move. Surprising, but a good move and needed to help stop dribble penetration. I did have someone pinch me several times just to be sure.

Yes, there was some talk in the game thread and in a couple other threads about it. An APB was put out in search of John Calipari and a DNA sample was taken of the impostor who took his place on the sideline. I had just watched the new Mission Impossible movie earlier that day and I half expected Calipari to turn and pull off his mask at the end of the game to reveal that he was, in fact, Jim Boeheim. 🤣

But seriously, it was a good move. Surprising, but a good move and needed to help stop dribble penetration. I did have someone pinch me several times just to be sure.
Seeing a change in the offense and running a little zone every now and then were two things I’ve always wanted to see Cal do. Cal is a good defensive coach but sometimes a zone defense can be a team’s weakness. Like when we lost to WVU in the tournament when they ran that 1-3-1 zone in 2010. That loss still hurts! Lol I loved that team

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Hey, John. When Doc Holiday posted about the "Stratified transitional hyperbolic paraboloid", I wondered whether anybody else on this board but me would be old enough to remember Rupp using that term to describe a "zone defense."
Glad to know another ol' geezer who remembers those "Ruppisms."
Go 'Cats !
There's at least 3 of us! I'm 85.

Reactions: docholiday51
You apparently think you know more about basketball than a Hall-of-Fame coach. I mean no disrespect but what makes you an expert on college basketball coaching?
Tell me you're not a UK fan without telling me you're not a UK fan.

UK fans are widely KNOWN as the most knowledgeable fans in the country.

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT