ADVERTISEMENT

Calipari has us in a GREAT spot

#8 is a point lost on a lot of people. I know we’ve lost a lot of kids we shouldn’t have, but I think there’s a good possibility we have 3-4 guys return next year and undoubtedly a transfer. Sallis & Collins would make a pretty typical Cal class but with a bunch of returnees, that could make for a killer team.
I even think Jackson is likely to return along with Ware, Fletcher, Toppin, and Allen. Jackson will contribute as a freshman but isn't physically ready to get NBA first-round attention in a crowded draft. He may follow PJ and Keion in betting on a second year to a secure his status.

Of course, it'd be great to be wrong, and see Jackson play so well as a freshman that his draft status is secure. If he does, that'd mean the Kentucky front court in 20-21 was the best in the country.

#8 is a point lost on a lot of people. I know we’ve lost a lot of kids we shouldn’t have, but I think there’s a good possibility we have 3-4 guys return next year and undoubtedly a transfer. Sallis & Collins would make a pretty typical Cal class but with a bunch of returnees, that could make for a killer team.

not to mention our weakness the past 5 years or so was having nobody return that played significant roles.I’d rather miss a couple five stars in order to have a little depth return for a few years. Quality depth and studs is what wins college ball.

Things are going great on the recruiting front and you are getting nervous. You need to go back to your mommy's basement and suck your thumb.
We have one of these guys locked up, nimrod. Tell me again how a mass exodus + this class is going to create a contender?

Paolo's main recruiter was never Kenny Payne. Little to do with him. KP is going to be missed, but in this recruitment, Payne was not as involved.

Jaden Hardy's had some positive UK talk this week--which Sisk/Graf even mentioned on their Podcast.

Hunter Sallis is #1 PG in '21 class and IMO a top 5 player and if UK offers/pushes, I think they would jump into strong position to land him.

Bryce Hopkins is a great looking prospect. I don't know as much about him nor did I follow him when he committed to Louisville, but he's a talented guy and type that UK has way of getting best out of.

Huntley Hatfield recruitment is "interesting" but if he is your replacement for a guy like Banchero, you'd take it.

Skyy Clark can be a '21 or '22 and honestly I'd prefer him in '22 and take Sallis, let Clark start helping with the '22 class, but if he reclassed it would be due to success of the players on '21 team and for need.

Kentucky is also likely going to be mentioned by a player or 2 that nobody knows they've been recruiting as they are taking advantage of the fact nobody has seen them in person and knows who they are targeting as primary guys right now. That is by design and was plan no matter who stayed/left the staff. This program excels in secrecy and working quietly.

This is going to be a fantastic team this year, think people are going to be very surprised (media that is) and when Cal gets Lottery Talent these guys don't miss/often accelerate their development. I'd also say the name I've been told about who is better than anyone expected is Isaiah Jackson.
I agree wholeheartedly regarding this year’s team. I have been saying the same, that they’re gonna surprise a lot of talking heads. Some polls have them around 15. That’s just crazy to me.

IMO, this is one of the best, most well rounded rosters Cal has had here. We have tons of talent/versatility, some star power, experience, shooting, shot blocking, depth, etc. We are two deep at every position, in which every player possesses a different skillet. I really don’t see much of a weakness. Been hyped about this team for a long time! GBB!

EDIT: Thanks for posting your recruiting intel. I enjoy reading your recruiting info, as I’m sure everyone else does as well. Just speaking for myself, it’s greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I just thought this was another boring thread talking about how well things seem to be going but realized it was a guy bitching about recruiting LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WHOLE COUNTRY SHUTDOWN IN THE BEGINNING OF THE PANDEMIC [laughing]

With the shadiest recruitment since Zion.. and waiting for the travesty that is Sarr's eligibility.. I'm honestly surprised Cal hasn't said "Eff this" and just move on to the NBA.

The cards are so absolutely stacked against him, and it's so obvious. Thank God he hasn't thrown in the towel.
This is so true. How some people don’t see it, is totally beyond me. Makes me truly wonder what the hell they’re actually watching.

You must be referencing the Banchero recruitment. It did seem a lot like the Zion recruitment, shady af. Both times, duke seemed to come out of nowhere to sign these guys.

Has there ever been a 1AD or 2AD player attend duke and actually improve during their short time there? I honestly can’t think of even one.

IMO, Zion made a poor choice going there. So out of shape that he was on minute restriction his rookie year LOL Same goes for Bagley, Barrett, Reddish, etc. All piss poor choices IMO.

Reactions: RunninRichie
It’s silly to say that Cal won’t have players. It’s never been a problem for Cal to get players. It’s coaching the games and adjustments that’s been the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT