ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Waited Too Long....Again!

Allen has only been to the line 9 times this year. Cant drive cant D. he brings nothing if not hitting shots.

LOL 4:36, under 4, doesn’t matter. Yes, we lose these games in large part due to poor guard play. Our PG play has been terrible all year.

When you go into scoring droughts, spanning several minutes, run some plays to get your best shooter open. At least put him in the game to spread the floor. Allen doesn’t necessarily have to be hitting to be effective.
I'm starting to feel like I'm watching the same game over and over again with some editing of the opponent's jerseys. How many times have we lost the lead and are in a crucial spot only to see Mintz fumble the ball out of bounds or Hoosier it off his leg or take a horrible shot? He's a Sr. PG and he seems to fall apart at the end of the game. He is the guy we need to lean on in the end, a Sr. PG and he usually shoots us in the foot besides making a desperation 3 here and there. You are right PG play is killing us. Askew actually played well tonight, but he doesn't shoot enough. He went 5 out of 7 for 14pts, 5 rebs, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 2 TOs. My big question is why is Jackson not playing more minutes? I know he has foul issues, but tonight he didn't have foul trouble, did he?

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Statistically, neither player did well. But Boston's defense stood out as atrociously bad and Allen's presence in the half court as a three-point threat opens things up for others. All things considered, I'm ready to see Allen play a bit more and Boston play a bit less.
Absolutely. Here’s the deal. Allen played what, 14 or 15 minutes in the first half? We had an 8 point halftime lead. By the time he come back into action, in the second half, (with under 5 minutes remaining) we were down 8 or 10. That’s my point. Not to mention, he didn’t even play at all in the second half of our last game/loss.

He’s not getting an opportunity to make key shots in order to get us over the hump in these late game situations. He’s the ONLY player on this team that has PROVEN he can make late game clutch shots. He made clutch shot after clutch shot in Starkville. Why is he not getting the chance to do it now?

Last edited:
Don’t worry boys, come draft night Boston will be ready to bring home the bragging rights for us that we wait all year for.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT