ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s talk mid majors in the dance

CalipariCapo

Sophomore
Feb 25, 2018
Which mid majors would you prefer to stay away from that has a legit shot at making some noise in the big dance? Im going to go with James Madison, Drake, Oakland, and Indiana St if they end up getting in. All four of those teams have the ability to knock out a major power in the first couple rounds if they bring their A game.

Which mid majors would you prefer to stay away from that has a legit shot at making some noise in the big dance? Im going to go with James Madison, Drake, Oakland, and Indiana St if they end up getting in. All four of those teams have the ability to knock out a major power in the first couple rounds if they bring their A game.
Drake is the only one of those 4 I give a shot to win more than 1 game. James Madison didn't even win their conference, I see them losing by 20+ opening round.

Indiana St and slime ball Wade, they have very good guard play (McNeese State) whoever they play they will scare the shit out of them imo.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Drake, Indiana State, and JMU would be more second round opponents than first rounders...they're all 11 or 12-ish seeds. Unless we drop to a 5 or 6.

Oakland is a 13 or 14 seed projected team, they are a possibility. But I dont see them as the type of team that I would be worried about for this UK team. McNeese, as mentioned above, would be more of the team that would be in that range that could be a nuisance.

Morehead st will probably be our first rd game but they play a style that can give better teams problem if not prepared 2nd best team in the state this year

How about Longwood and Morehead
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Any mid-major team that has quick Guards that can get to the rim, a physical Big that can score in the Post and can get offensive rebounds would give UK problems. With that combo, they could score at the end of the shot clock and keep our Guards from getting open looks.

I haven't watched ANY of the teams mentioned in the OP or others, so which Mid-Major has the combination above?

Mcneese is a very good pick! Forgot about them. Idk if they’ll make the tournament or not, but I’ve been impressed with the job that Bryce Drew has done at Grand Canyon this year. They have a very solid team. Also wouldn’t mind this thread to get sabotaged by some pics of GC’s women team head coach, Molly Miller lol. I wouldn’t mind our women’s program to go after her this off season. I might actually tune in to a women’s game for none other than to get a few glimpses of her 👀

McNeese St!! They are DANGEROUS. Charleston is also a sneaky good team, and they have tournament experience from last season!

They are up 16 at the half against Nicholl State. I would say they are in. Beat them twice in the regular season by over 20, so Nicholl State is done.

I have no idea why but Colorado State is my sleeper pick for the FF if they get in the tournament.

I have no idea why but Colorado State is my sleeper pick for the FF if they get in the tournament.
If they couldn't do it two years ago with stud David Roddy I wouldn't make any big bets on them doing it this year. ;)

Colgate is a sneaky 15 seed. I hope they’re facing the 2 in our region ;)

James Madison, that's a team with a lot of confidence
Are you counting St Mary's as mid-major? 2 wins against the Zags this year AND play a very slow tempo - don't want them controlling the pace against us on a neutral floor

James Madison, that's a team with a lot of confidence
Are you counting St Mary's as mid-major? 2 wins against the Zags this year AND play a very slow tempo - don't want them controlling the pace against us on a neutral floor
I don’t count teams like St Mary’s as a mid major (even though they technically are). St Mary’s has traditionally been a good program and if they made a run, it wouldn’t really have the shock value of say a McNeese St or Grand Canyon

Reactions: CatsFanIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT