ADVERTISEMENT

Cal update on bigs after game

The way I look at it is Bradshaw is back early December, and big z is a guessing game along with ugo

Cal won't play Z. No realistic way he can just jump in against Kansas. He might dress. Can't imagine he'd be able to do much.

Cal won't risk Bradshaw coming back too early for a November game. Too much at stake for the team's chances and his player's value. Zero chance.

Ugo simply can't go yet.

"My team is on the floor" kinda thing.

Cal won't play Z. No realistic way he can just jump in against Kansas. He might dress. Can't imagine he'd be able to do much.

Cal won't risk Bradshaw coming back too early for a November game. Too much at stake for the team's chances and his player's value. Zero chance.

Ugo simply can't go yet.

"My team is on the floor" kinda thing.

Big Z is definitely the only one with a chance to play against KU.

If he's cleared by Wed or Thurs of this week, and is able to play against Commerce, he'll go against KU.

If not, then not.

• Haha
Reactions: Wildcats1st
Big Z is definitely the only one with a chance to play against KU.

If he's cleared by Wed or Thurs of this week, and is able to play against Commerce, he'll go against KU.

If not, then not.
Right. But, even assuming he's cleared, how much can he do? He's been here, what, three weeks? Sick half of that? Swollen knee as well. So, even if he CAN go, what can he actually contribute? Does Cal play him for his size and five fouls, or does the team actually function better without him, on both sides?

Said it already as far as the Kansas game goes here. Give this team a mulligan and roll the dice with what we got.

Hella nice performance tonight from the guys. Long road begins with the first step. I'll take it.

Greater success will come. These boys can be special.

Go Big Blue

Really? That's good. They were talking about his chest. Id rather any player avoid any kind of issue with the chest.
May have had trouble breathing. If he jerked his neck the right way when he landed, that makes your whole body feel like crap and can make you feel like you can't breathe/catch your breath.

Hopefully he gets some rest the next couple of days and is ready to go Friday

No seven footers against KU.

Make HD guard the PnR all night long. Play small where he has to match up with Edwards and then isolate him. Make it a mismatch on both ends of the court

This is the tam we play KU with for better or worse. Don't risk the long term potential of this team for one game, no matter who it is against.

we are gonna spend an entire season trying to get at least one of these dudes in shape, and fundamentally sound playing with the rest of the team.
Several losses and another bad seed. Very frustrated that we just constantly have obstacles.

It sure seem like it takes young guys a long time to heal at UK. With all the techknowledgey we have today and the nutrition they have there it makes you wonder why it takes so long to heal and be ready to play. JMO

Last edited:
Notice how it's 1-2 weeks to be able to fully practice with the team and not return to play? We will be lucky to see Bradshaw or Ugo before January 6th.
Honestly if 2 of the 3 are playing by January 1 I would be happy. I don't think any will play this year or ever at UK for that matter

Reactions: crestcat
Cal has zero obligation to the fans to give any sort of details, timeline, etc. Zero. If I were him, I’d be as vague as possible as well.

Why people get all bent out of shape is hilarious. Why people would want other teams to be able to game plan against us by knowing who is playing is beyond me. They will be back when they are back.

We’ve had one kid come here and not play and people act as if this is Cals fault.

Cal has zero obligation to the fans to give any sort of details, timeline, etc. Zero. If I were him, I’d be as vague as possible as well.

Why people get all bent out of shape is hilarious. Why people would want other teams to be able to game plan against us by knowing who is playing is beyond me. They will be back when they are back.

We’ve had one kid come here and not play and people act as if this is Cals fault.
Whose fault was it then? Cal is the coach.

Whose fault was it then? Cal is the coach.
You really don’t think Cal expected him to play if healthy? You think Cal spent time recruiting him, signing him, training him, etc. just so he could not play?

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds?

It was one player in what, 13 years? How many first rounders played the entire season? You act like this is a common occurrence.

But hey, if you want to carry around a pitchfork, go for it. The kid and his handlers were to blame. Nobody else.

Let me translate. They don’t practice till the doc clears them. They don’t practice, they don’t play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT