ADVERTISEMENT

Cal took the entire Arkansas team…..

Hard for me to talk smack, man. Cal is a shell of his former self. It’s really sad to watch for me to be completely honest.

He doesn't even look physically well to me. Like he aged 25 years in the last 5.

He really went from the slick talking don with the sugar packets on the table to grandpa in his recliners with fuzzy slippers. Pretty wild.

He's clearly humiliated that he's coaching Arkansas now and I'll never be convinced otherwise.

I've blocked dozens of Arkansas fans on Twitter because they were popping up in EVERY UK-related timeline last week. Apparently they're really freaking out about the roster though. Knox is getting crystal balls to go there and is visiting this week. I think Quaintance is too. Haven't heard anything on Wagner. I'm assuming Fland is still likely for Arkansas although Illinois seems to be picking up steam since the Antigua hire.

I hope Cal doesn't get desperate and have the Chicken magnate cut a massive check to Johnell Davis. I wish we could lock him up soon. Fills a huge need and keeps Cal from pulling any petty bullshit.

I don't know if things have changed, but back in the early year of Cal's tenure, my cousin was a tutor at UK, and he tutored some of the basketball players. He told me things were on the up and up, and he would have no reason to lie as he is a huge U of L fan.

Sorry, this was in response to a question about Z finishing his classes. Just forgot to include that post.

Y’all are tripping. Z is gonna be a beast next year. Yall forget he only played a half season. They will put 20 pounds in him with just butter milk and Crisco.

The kid easily looked like the best player on the team for his first game. For some reason, it rubbed Cal the wrong way so Cal had to find things wrong with his game which took away his confidence. He didn't look the same after that. He appeared apprehensive on his shots.
I think he's going to try to do what he did with Towns, make him a dominating post player in addition to an outside shooting threat. I can see how he could sell Z on that but it was a poor use of him last year and probably next year.

Who cares what he does? I don’t get the constant updates on the Arkansas coach on a Kentucky board.

Curious, and be honest:

There are a variety of topics on this board. You may see a Duke, Carolina, Kansas, whatever topic.

Do you ever make a comment on those? Or has every one of your posts been on strictly Kentucky topics?

This goes for anyone that posts this. Please be honest.

JQ pitting the FedEx money against Jerry Jones and the Chicken Man.

Good. I hope this and fland bleeds them dry but I hope he still gets them. I'd hate for him to get out bid then have to refocus on older guys. It would cut into guys we presumably want and might cause him to stumble into a much better formula for winning.

The idea that less than two weeks later people wouldn’t be discussing what Cal and Z are doing at Arkansas is a weird one to me. Tubby and Pitino still get talked about all of the time.

Reactions: susan2361
Cal only went to Arkansas for two reasons. One, he knew he would probably be fired after next year's disaster. And two, he wanted to add Brad as an assistant to set him up as a future coach. That would've never flied here.

He should've retired and taken the ambassador role at UK. Biggest problem with that though, is it's hard to be an ambassador when you've burned a bridge with nearly every relationship you had at UK.

Another arky thread
Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Good. I hope this and fland bleeds them dry but I hope he still gets them. I'd hate for him to get out bid then have to refocus on older guys. It would cut into guys we presumably want and might cause him to stumble into a much better formula for winning.
Yep, that's where I am at right now. He can take his freshmen 5 star recruits. I don't want the proven dudes to be snatched up if the 5 stars for some reason go elsewhere.

I’m confused. My daughter is a freshman at Centre, no way could she just pick up and go hang out at another college for a week. Her grades would be doomed. How can Z just leave?

Cal has seen his better day just by looking at him. It is sad. I'd been saying he won't coach at another school after UK. Why would you? Well i was wrong and he may very well embarrass his career rep now. Ellen shoulda told him maybe. Just me but I would've bought that island.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
He was still our coach two weeks ago. Really not that hard to understand unless you just like being obtuse.
No, I truly don’t get everyone’s obsession with Cal. He’s been an awful coach for years, made a joke out of Kentucky basketball
He was still our coach two weeks ago. Really not that hard to understand unless you just like being obtuse.
It is hard to understand actually. He isn't Kentucky's coach anymore. He did his best to kill Kentucky Basketball and then snuck off to another school. Thankfully he left and Kentucky was able to get a coach who actually cares about Kentucky basketball; so on a Kentucky basketball board, it makes sense to talk about Kentucky Basketball, not Arkansas basketball. I would imagine that Arkansas might have a board for that and they'd be happy to have this discussion about their coach.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Curious, and be honest:

There are a variety of topics on this board. You may see a Duke, Carolina, Kansas, whatever topic.

Do you ever make a comment on those? Or has every one of your posts been on strictly Kentucky topics?

This goes for anyone that posts this. Please be honest.
To the best of my knowledge, I do not think that I have ever started a post about another school unless it was related directly to Kentucky (such as a game against Kentucky). I would never start a post about something like..."Oh, look at Bruce Pearl. He took a player to see a game".

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I’m confused. My daughter is a freshman at Centre, no way could she just pick up and go hang out at another college for a week. Her grades would be doomed. How can Z just leave?
If I had to guess Z is able to do this via on-line and tutors.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT