ADVERTISEMENT

Cal to Vandy(LOL)

Lol, a coach like John Calipari at this juncture in his career doesn't interview. He is either wanted or not....he signs or doesn't. He would do the interviewing, not the other way around.

At this point you’re right. However it’s not because of the typical reasons for a guy with his name punch. Calipari has really fallen further in recognition than any coach I think we’ve seen aside from NCAA issues. That’s not saying he’s terrible, just that he was rising with the goats and now isn’t seen close to that level. That’s pretty rare. He wouldn’t interview and he’s past that only because he’s the type that wouldn’t care if he coaches or not at this point.

I still think Calipari probably screwed up by not staying at Memphis. You just can’t pull the type of crap he pulls at a place like UK, at Memphis he could have maintained his brand and not hurt himself like he has here, in terms of legacy. I think a place like Memphis was actually perfect for Calipari in hindsight. At the time I would have never thought that.

At this point you’re right. However it’s not because of the typical reasons for a guy with his name punch. Calipari has really fallen further in recognition than any coach I think we’ve seen aside from NCAA issues. That’s not saying he’s terrible, just that he was rising with the goats and now isn’t seen close to that level. That’s pretty rare. He wouldn’t interview and he’s past that only because he’s the type that wouldn’t care if he coaches or not at this point.

I still think Calipari probably screwed up by not staying at Memphis. You just can’t pull the type of crap he pulls at a place like UK, at Memphis he could have maintained his brand and not hurt himself like he has here, in terms of legacy. I think a place like Memphis was actually perfect for Calipari in hindsight. At the time I would have never thought that.
Yea, it was a bad mistake to win a NC and 4 final fours in 6 years. I hope to never make such a bad decision in my lifetime. Not to mention how atrociously bad the decision was to get inducted into the HOF and make near 100 million dollars. What kind of moron would make that bad of decisions?

ernest p worrell 90s GIF

You just nailed it. This was the same kind of stuff that was happening before our coach suckered our AD into his current ridiculous contract. It would be nice if it is the same kind of stuff that is a precursor to his departure.
He’s already got a ridiculous contract that is why I wouldn’t worry about it. I theoretically think it was about NIL, i don’t think it’s a coincidence that he basically took care of it and we started landing guys, and now we announce this new collective finally. Probably wanted that done and he got it.

Reactions: westerncat
Well I was not going to say anything but I have to post. I heard late this morning that the Harlem Globetrotters is offering Cal a 2 year deal to be their new point guard. The contract is for 125 mil a year.

All of this crap gets old every year it gets old. It always starts during SEC tourney week. Then everyone wants to start posting crap about this stuff. If you would keep what you hear to yourself then the trolls out there would stop. But since a fan forum (any fan forum) has a collective IQ of about 3 this crap will always pop up.lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT