ADVERTISEMENT

Cal to Vandy(LOL)

Must be time for a raise.
happy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

Reactions: Fox2monk
I have slight scuttlebutt on this. A friend of mine shared that Cal is interviewing at a country club down in Nashville.

My guess is it’s for summer trips down to see his son and daughter. That being said, when I heard this we were down bad (had lost 3 of 4) and I was wondering if this signaled Cal retiring after this year but I find that more unlikely.

I have slight scuttlebutt on this. A friend of mine shared that Cal is interviewing at a country club down in Nashville.

My guess is it’s for summer trips down to see his son and daughter. That being said, when I heard this we were down bad (had lost 3 of 4) and I was wondering if this signaled Cal retiring after this year but I find that more unlikely.
Just stop

If Kentucky didn’t just do the NIL fund thing, I could see Michigan being a legit possibility, but I don’t see that anymore and vandy is laughable
Unless UK is setting it up to offset losing Cal's recruiting edge. If Cal stays, it changes nothing really. He'll still get top talent and squander it.

Unless UK is setting it up to offset losing Cal's recruiting edge. If Cal stays, it changes nothing really. He'll still get top talent and squander it.
The good thing is that the next coach can use it to recruit decent talent. Cal can’t win with overwhelming talent. I’ll take a good coach with decent talent.

Reactions: catzcan
Cal launched the La Familia collective today so he could announce his departure next week and keep UK with a big advantage in recruiting. Cal out here doing God's work!

• Haha
Reactions: LmdCat
Cal isn't leaving, and when he does (not far in the future, most likely), he'll quit coaching, not go somewhere else and start all over again.

And even if he did leave and go somewhere else, it won't be frigid Michigan or laughable Vanderbilt. In fact, I can't think of any school that would be attractive to him after Kentucky.

Cal isn't leaving, and when he does (not far in the future, most likely), he'll quit coaching, not go somewhere else and start all over again.

And even if he did leave and go somewhere else, it won't be frigid Michigan or laughable Vanderbilt. In fact, I can't think of any school that would be attractive to him after Kentucky.
Me either, dude wanted to get to the top and did. He’s gonna retire not go somewhere else.

That's kind of when you know Cal is doing well: the sports is anxious as hell to get him out of UK.

I take these rumors as a compliment that were doing well.

And.. if he goes, I'm totally ready for it (although loving this run we are on and the chance at next year's class).

Highly doubtful they keep Brad around

Well Im a Kentucky fan and these rumors don’t concern me at all, so I think they got that part right.

Must be time for a raise.
You just nailed it. This was the same kind of stuff that was happening before our coach suckered our AD into his current ridiculous contract. It would be nice if it is the same kind of stuff is a precursor to his departure.

Last edited:

THANKS FOR RAINING ON OUR PARADE. Lol

Reactions: ukjenning44

Lol, a coach like John Calipari at this juncture in his career doesn't interview. He is either wanted or not....he signs or doesn't. He would do the interviewing, not the other way around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT