ADVERTISEMENT

Cal straight up lying about injuries now

Maybe he mixed up Frederick for Toppin

But either way…it’s why lying for all the years he’s done it intentionally was alway dumb. Now. Nobody believes a thing

Maybe a media member csn grow a pair and ask tough questions…like play his commentary Ana ask why Toppin story js 180 degrees difference

Like just leave John. It’s over. You’re only still here because of your ego, but the longer you stay here the more haymakers your ego has to endure.

ITS DONE, YOUR COOKED, WERE COOKED.

Next year ain’t changing that, it’s nothing but more haymakers for your ego to endure. There’s no magical recruiting class that’s going to give you a final four to give fans a double bird and leave on, every coach in the SEC has you measured and pegged, you can out talent some of them, but you will never be elite again.

It's always bad fans, player injuries, missed shots, or something.

It's never his coaching....EVER.

We pay 9 million a year for a slogan maker.
'refuse to lose!" That's top shelf "coaching." right there. :rolleyes:

But when he wins, it's one passive-aggressive shot at the fanbase after another.

He's just insufferable at this point.

Last edited:
WOW!!!!

This isn't the first time this season that a player has DIRECTLY contradicted Cal's comments. Jacob just OUT-AND-OUT refuted cal's "injury" excuse. Earlier this year Oscar said that he told Cal to calm down and then Cal refuted it.

Cal's Smoke and Mirrors coaching style and motivation skills have COMPLETELY deteriorated. When the players won't even uphold your LIES anymore, you have LOST everything!!!

I hope this stuff will OPEN the eyes of the fans that STILL hang on his EVERY word.

Last edited:
He knows what he’s doing. He can make up excuses and a small portion of the fanbase will run with it and try their best to defend him. We all know who they are on here
Who gives a shit who "they" are. "They", this "small portion" you speak of, these "Cal Nut Huggers", they aren't the reason Calipari is still at UK. So getting them to swing to the Cal Hater side achieves nothing in the way of getting Calipari to get out of town.

You'd probably be shocked (or defiant) to know that most Kentucky fans are casual at best. They don't get all wrapped up and their hair on fire. We all do, and that's fine. But there are a lot more "meh, Cats aren't good, but my coffee still tastes great and I'm going hunting today with my son like usual". Only a very small portion of my family can sit and talk at 1/4 of the level of analytical detail on what we talk about on Rafters. The rest of them and a good majority of my old KY friends have very shallow takes on the state of UK basketball and Calipari.

So you're kind of blowing wind for nothing here. Constantly calling out the nut huggers, when there are probably only about 20 total on this entire Rafters board that are this aggressive hugging type you and many others try to, for reasons that befuddle me, call out on a multiple-times-per-day basis.

Again, who cares what they think? Cal's time is done. I have my thoughts on that, just as you do. But I couldn't care less about the Nut Huggers or their opinions. Especially the "small portion" (which is funny here...you're literally admitting that you're calling out a minority of fans, which makes zero sense).

A few folks here (Mike-McD and his alter-ego BBNWildcat) try to pin me down with claims that I never poke at the Huggers, only the Haters, which must somehow translate to me being a "Fraud" and a closet "Hugger". No, I just don't see the point in poking at a "small portion" of folks. What I do poke at is shit like this - we can all complain about Cal being washed up (he is), but I never understand the internal personal battle people have with those that don't share their opinions. And if the Huggers vanish after yet another loss, the Haters just can't help themselves. They miss them so badly that they create multitudes of call out threads (and yes, Huggers do the same thing after wins, but the frequency of those posts are MUCH less because they, the Nut Huggers on Rafters, are a "small portion" of our fan base).

Last edited:
Maybe he mixed up Frederick for Toppin

But either way…it’s why lying for all the years he’s done it intentionally was alway dumb. Now. Nobody believes a thing

Maybe a media member csn grow a pair and ask tough questions…like play his commentary Ana ask why Toppin story js 180 degrees difference
This is the bottom line, he has made up crap for so long and everyone knows it so if he happens to tell the truth we can't totally buy it due to past history. Hell of a shape to be in if you are a public figure (other than a politician)

Who gives a shit who "they" are. "They", this "small portion" you speak of, these "Cal Nut Huggers", they aren't the reason Calipari is still at UK. So getting them to swing to the Cal Hater side achieves nothing in the way of getting Calipari to get out of town.

You'd probably be shocked (or defiant) to know that most Kentucky fans are casual at best. They don't get all wrapped up and their hair on fire. We all do, and that's fine. But there are a lot more "meh, Cats aren't good, but my coffee still tastes great and I'm going hunting today with my son like usual". Only a very small portion of my family can sit and talk at 1/4 of the level of analytical detail on what we talk about on Rafters. The rest of them and a good majority of my old KY friends have very shallow takes on the state of UK basketball and Calipari.

So you're kind of blowing wind for nothing here. Constantly calling out the nut huggers, when there are probably only about 20 total on this entire Rafters board that are this aggressive hugging type you and many others try to, for reasons that befuddle me, call out on a multiple-times-per-day basis.

Again, who cares what they think? Cal's time is done. I have my thoughts on that, just as you do. But I couldn't care less about the Nut Huggers or their opinions. Especially the "small portion" (which is funny here...you're literally admitting that you're calling out a minority of fans, which makes zero sense).

A few folks here (Mike-McD and his alter-ego BBNWildcat) try to pin me down with claims that I never poke at the Huggers, only the Haters, which must somehow translate to me being a "Fraud" and a closet "Hugger". No, I just don't see the point in poking at a "small portion" of folks. What I do poke at is shit like this - we can all complain about Cal being washed up (he is), but I never understand the internal personal battle people have with those that don't share their opinions. And if the Huggers vanish after yet another loss, the Haters just can't help themselves. They miss them so badly that they create multitudes of call out threads (and yes, Huggers do the same thing after wins, but the frequency of those posts are MUCH less because they, the Nut Huggers on Rafters, are a "small portion" of our fan base).
I read not even half of that and decided right then that you’re full of crap. I forgot more about UK basketball then you know. I’m not trying to sway anybody, I just voice my opinion.

Last edited:
When a team or group under-performs against baseline expectations, the first step in any organization is to look to the leader or supervisor. When my team under-performs or makes mistakes. My bosses come to me for answers. What I don't do is place the blame on the members. Their failures are my failures. Cal would do well to recognize that. Excuses don't solve problems, and doing nothing about the failure to achieve results breeds weakness in the organization. At the end of the day, it is just basketball. Not life or death. But the lessons learned on the court are just as valuable in real life IMO.

Cal for President 2024

He'd fit right in the long line of clowns who have been ruining/running this country for decades now
Not to go down that road, but yes. In that world, lying to everyone's face (even when it's proven to be a lie) is ignored or celebrated. Society allows it and encourages it. So odd for us as a whole to pick and choose when to be mad over lies.

Seems to be a deep disconnect between Cal and the players. It's unusual for a coach to say one thing and the player soon after to say the opposite but it's happened multiple times over the last few months.

True, but if you make $10 mil a year, particularly in a poor state like Ky, you better treat your job like it's life or death.

Cant argue with that. And that's what gets me. The man is paid to be a leader and develop his group. Instead he chooses to sit on his ass and watch the world burn. In any other world, he would be dismissed by now

• Sad
Reactions: NociHTTP and catben

Well that is true but , the nuthuggers are equally as bad or worse when we win. Instead of being happy and enjoying the victory, their first move is to get on here and call out the haters .

It's always bad fans, player injuries, missed shots, or something.

It's never his coaching....EVER.

We pay 9 million a year for a slogan maker.
'refuse to lose!" That's top shelf "coaching." right there. :rolleyes:

But when he wins, it's one pass-aggressive shot at the fanbase after another.

He's just insufferable at this point.
I agree 100%…..why does he never take responsibility for his team losing to a team who’s clearly an underdog! Their average PG penetrated and drew fouls all game and Cal never once went to a zone to stop this or change things up! I’m tired of his excuses and his shtick!! I do appreciate what he does as a humanitarian and for players’ welfare but his coaching the past couple years stinks!!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Calipari's narcissism destroyed this team and the program. Some of the fanbase will absolutely defend Calipari regardless of the damage he's caused here.

I was thinking how close Kentucky came to losing to Louisville in the 2012 FF. Let me explain, the game was tied at 54 with 5 minutes to go. I was sweating bullets and Miller saved us with those two steals. Calipari was that close to having no title in 14 years.

If Calipari truly cared like he claims, he would already be gone. The lifetime contract was the death penalty for our program. When Calipari leaves for good, I want Mitch going with him.

Reactions: NociHTTP
It’s quite obvious he meant CJ instead of Jacob. Some of you just look for anything to”bitch at”, when the obvious thing to complain about is W’s/L’s.

• Wow
Reactions: catben and shodaman
True, but if you make $10 mil a year, particularly in a poor state like Ky, you better treat your job like it's life or death.
You make 10 million ANYWHERE, you ought to take your job seriously. And when you realize you can't do it anymore for whatever reason, you practice grace and humility and hang it up. "Thank you for allowing me to have this enormous honor and gift. I can no longer maintain the standards this job deserves."

Reactions: susan2361
It’s quite obvious he meant CJ instead of Jacob. Some of you just look for anything to”bitch at”, when the obvious thing to complain about is W’s/L’s.
I’m sorry I used the man’s own words. Also Cal hasn’t earned the benefit of the doubt with injuries.

He was going to use the same winning strategy used against Arkansas, but decided to go back to his season long ineffective offense because a player who hadn't practice but once said he was ready to go!! How did that work out for you SOS? Basically, he took his team out on the court without the intentions of doing anything that he had spent the week preparing them to do and decided to not use Adou at all who had been prepped during the week to play. He couldn't resist giving his beloved 5-star guard one more NBA audition. Well, that was a failure on all levels.

Totally obvious! Which is why the media even asked Toppin about it. Because it was so obvious he meant CJ. God forbid he says Jacob and people think he’s talking about Jacob.

All I know is after watching Cason Wallace play yesterday he is definitely hurting. He was sooooo bad defensively yesterday. An absolutely putrid defensive performance.

Did he mean CJ or was Toppin maybe sick and didn't practice much, I don't know. One thing is certain. It will be hard to make a run with Wallace and impossible to make a run without him.

You make 10 million ANYWHERE, you ought to take your job seriously. And when you realize you can't do it anymore for whatever reason, you practice grace and humility and hang it up. "Thank you for allowing me to have this enormous honor and gift. I can no longer maintain the standards this job deserves."

Or he could just say he is ready to retire. No need to say the 2nd sentence.

Truth.
I don't understand all of it either. The constant need for argument by some is ridiculous. I tend to be a little more optimistic at times because I want more than anything for them to right the ship. It ain't happening though.

It's just ANOTHER example of Cal's LACK of attention to detail. Cal says WHATEVER he wants regardless of how it is perceived by the media OR fans. Despite making $9 million/year, he STILL feels NO responsibility to answer for his lack of success.

NO excuse for what Cal has done to this program.

Well that is true but , the nuthuggers are equally as bad or worse when we win. Instead of being happy and enjoying the victory, their first move is to get on here and call out the haters .
Yes, and I said as much in my post you quoted.

The difference - they are a very small portion around here, as that one guy even said. So when they do post their call out threads, it's like one or two, then gone. So I don't get the point of trying to call out such a small group of fans.

It can only be an itching to argue. Maybe they get tired of everyone on their "side" agreeing and want confrontation? Weird.

People don't have to look they just trip over things to bitch about

If you all read his books you’d know that he has said he lies about injuries to hide disciplinary action. Maybe not relevant here but still.

His books are terrible, by the way. I read two of them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT