ADVERTISEMENT

Cal says Ugo may start now….

I take pride in defense,” Onyenso told Goose Givens. “I really take pride in defense. The fact that people, when they’re driving. they’ve got to think about if they’re gonna make a layup or not, that gives me joy, knowing that defensively, people are scared to come in. I did what I usually do getting blocks. And I’m not surprised. I’m not surprised

I take pride in defense,” Onyenso told Goose Givens. “I really take pride in defense. The fact that people, when they’re driving. they’ve got to think about if they’re gonna make a layup or not, that gives me joy, knowing that defensively, people are scared to come in. I did what I usually do getting blocks. And I’m not surprised. I’m not surprised
Defense will start to rub off on others with that kind of confidence in defense by Ugo. I sure am hoping Cal continues to get him more minutes.

Bradshaw just isn't strong enough to play down low. He is a good 5 out Big, but we need a rim protector and he doesn't give us that, Ugo does. Ugo was also pretty good in the Pick-N-Roll defense because he knows how to hedge. Plus, on offense he DUNKS the FREAKIN ball!!!! Bradshaw tried to baby it in a couple times and missed both.

Ugo earned it with his effort tonight!!

Last edited:
Bradshaw just isn't strong enough to play down low. He is a good 5 out Big, but we need a rim protector and he doesn't give us that. Ugo was also pretty good in the Pick-N-Roll defense becaause he knows how to hedge. Plus, on offense he DUNKS the FREAKIN ball!!!! Bradshaw tried to baby it in a couple times and missed both.

Ugo earned it with is effort tonight!!
Cal needs to reward his efforts with that starting job considering our glaring weakness is defense.

IF, IF, IF UGO starts, Cal CANNOT play Edwards and Wagner with Reeves and Mitchell!!!!!!!!!
IMO, you go with UGO, Mitchell, Reeves, Dilly and Shepherd. The four best shooters playing with your best defensive inside presence.

Now riding the pine for UK, RIVALS 2023 #2, #3, and #6 players...........
THAT WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN, even though that may be the best compliment of starters for UK's success, right now!!!!!!

Bradshaw doesn't have the strength to use what skills he has – and he keeps jumping on opposing players' backs for f-n rebounds for some reason. Z is still in Euro Ball mode and needs time to get adjusted (F- the NCAA).

Ugo is the answer for now. He's not a world beater, but y'all are right. The defense is totally different with him out there. He doesn't have to be a scoring threat. He just needs to lock down the middle and take points when he gets them (like that blown play where he dunked tonight).

Did you all know that Anthony Davis took the 30th fewest shots and still got MVP?

25 minutes 6 points 4 rebounds 3 blocks +14 best on team - that's what we need out of our rim protector. We got plenty of guys that can score. The only shot he missed was a must shoot 3 at the shot clock buzzer. He did get credit for one basket that Arkansas tipped in though.
He helps defensively, but needs to become a better rebounder. At 7’ tall and a big frame, he needs to position better, block out and rebound. At his size, 4 rebounds in 25 minutes is not what we need. However, I’m hoping he gets much better at rebounding as he matures.

Needs to cuz Bradshaw isn’t the answer at the 5….Ugo brings what we need desperately ….DEFENSE !!!

Pick n roll defense was soo much better tonite cuz of Ugo.
Yep! Me and a select few others said he would be a vital part of this team and were mostly laughed at over it. Said Bradshaw wasn’t strong enough. Welp, here we are.

I missed the first half …I was wondering why Z never saw action in the 2nd half.

Did Z look lost in the first half??
He played 2 minutes, he didn’t have time to look lost. I think he did grab a couple boards in his 2 minutes. He got beat on the baseline by his man one time, got yanked and never played again. In 2 minutes you don’t have time to look lost.

I asked on another thread. What in the blue hell is Klutch?
Agency that represents Edwards and Bradshaw. I believe they also represented Sharpe, and ever since them this board things Cal does whatever Klutch tells him to.

Z didn't block out and grab an easy rebound, and so the Arkansas player who did get the rebound dribbled right around him for an easy shot. Z was pulled. I imagine Cal wanted to send a message about being physical and given the tight game didn't chance putting him back in. I am not happy with Cal's coaching but this decision is not one I fault him for.
Bradshaw is a great example of the problem with the one and done system. A world of talent that would in the distant past have developed over a couple seasons to be a dominant force. Now, Cal has to give him minutes to try and develop him for his one year at the program and it does not look like he will be great until a few years from now. So fine for him as he still will be drafted, but not so much for the Kentucky program.

Agency that represents Edwards and Bradshaw. I believe they also represented Sharpe, and ever since them this board things Cal does whatever Klutch tells him to.
Ah. I was assuming it was an aau organization or something.

Well Cal’s threatening to start Ugo and bench Bradshaw. So I guess we will find out. Edward’s is already bleeding minutes. He needs another year here bad

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT