ADVERTISEMENT

Cal Said….

He might play two 7 footers together in the tournament. This is the type of 💩 that pisses me off, he’s willing to do something ignorant but he won’t start his best players. Exactly why I have zero faith going into the tourney.
Are you serious? When did he say this? I bet he will too.

Gotta love when he says “tweak” that term was cool when they made a deep run after he supposedly “tweaked” something in 2014c but it’s becoming annoying how he throws it around every year and yet he’s still has the same outcome
He used his super secret for real tweak that year. All the other tweaks got leaked by a tweeker.

The echo chamber egging each other to ever more exorbitant accusations based on imaginary things that people "know" to be true. <---That is what I mean.

Liking or not liking losing doesn't have anything to do with rabid reactions. Would you be surprised, for example, if the people who did something idiotic to that crap ref were posters here? Not doing idiotic things over the outcome of a game is a low bar. As the ad campaign would have it, "Don't do idiotic things over the outcome of a game."

UK fans are very good at pinning down what’s going on inside of this basketball program. They’ve watched the best of the best and seen the worst of the worst. The nuances in between are not important to me, what is important to me is maintaining pressure on Calipari in every form (at games, social media etc) until he’s either fired or produces, because those are the only alternatives that are acceptable at this point.

Many of the inferences that UK fans have surmised are based off of Calipari’s own words. Then the results show wow, his results line up with his rhetoric. Many people are shocked to be honest with you, they didn’t understand Calipari and I’ve said this for years now. Calipari was really misunderstood in Kentucky. I had his number from being fairly close to his last stop - but winning covers all.

So there’s a simple solution here. No one has to infer, defend, attack, or guess “what is true” or what isn’t. How about win? Remember 2014? 2012? 2015? 95% approval and support.

If he doesn’t win to the standard of U.K. (he isn’t) then there shouldn’t be one fan here wasting time in defense or worrying about the things you seem to be worried about. In reality, worrying about anything other than maintaining our program standard seems to be mere deflection at this point.

Wins and losses, program standards, blue blood expectations. Let’s just focus on that when it comes to the topic.

UK fans are very good at pinning down what’s going on inside of this basketball program. They’ve watched the best of the best and seen the worst of the worst. The nuances in between are not important to me, what is important to me is maintaining pressure on Calipari in every form (at games, social media etc) until he’s either fired or produces, because those are the only alternatives that are acceptable at this point.

Many of the inferences that UK fans have surmised are based off of Calipari’s own words. Then the results show wow, his results line up with his rhetoric. Many people are shocked to be honest with you, they didn’t understand Calipari and I’ve said this for years now. Calipari was really misunderstood in Kentucky. I had his number from being fairly close to his last stop - but winning covers all.

So there’s a simple solution here. No one has to infer, defend, attack, or guess “what is true” or what isn’t. How about win? Remember 2014? 2012? 2015? 95% approval and support.

If he doesn’t win to the standard of U.K. (he isn’t) then there shouldn’t be one fan here wasting time in defense or worrying about the things you seem to be worried about. In reality, worrying about anything other than maintaining our program standard seems to be mere deflection at this point.
That’s the truth, when he won like he did the first half of his tenure, damn near everyone was on board, happy as hell, riding with him.

I mean.. our guards are awful at stopping anything lol. Is there a world where two 7 footers, if it's bigZ and another, are the way to stop a team like Oakland?

I'm not saying I'd go that route. But man, our guards just haven't gotten the message on defense. We have to do something.

He will have the extra 7 footer eating into Reed and Dillingham’s minutes. He’s a garbage coach.

Everyone could see months ago this wasn’t a good man to man defensive team. He should’ve been teaching zone during that time.

His weird lineups and bizzare substitution patterns are going to lead to an early exit.
Just pure trash in coaching ability.

• Love
Reactions: KFuqua
He might play two 7 footers together in the tournament. This is the type of 💩 that pisses me off, he’s willing to do something ignorant but he won’t start his best players. Exactly why I have zero faith going into the tourney.
Only reason can think for this is for Bradshaw to get to play a lot. Has given Wagner and Edwards passes for starting all year so that leaves his other 5 star Bradshaw that he has benched. Thinking individually instead of team as usual.

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
So if it's true that Cal is even thinking about playing two bigs regardless of whether it would work or not is mind blowing that he waits till what could be the last game of the season to really work playing two bigs while hardly playing that way all season, much like the zone defense and zone press we played last game, that we hardly worked on or played in a game all year. Thats really thinking ahead and being prepared.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Actually, he said he may try two big guys together to protect the rim against the like of Wade Taylor and Boots Radford if they are breaking down our guards one on one.

Shhhhhh!!!! Facts are optional!! This doesn’t go along with mindless negativity that’s pushed here.

Reactions: Graham51
He said it to piss guys like you off . He has no intentions of doing that unless the game is out of hand
This. Some of these posters hang onto every word Cal says. It’s almost as if they’re miserable in life and look for something to get upset about. The sad part is they don’t realize how gullible it makes them appear.

Doesn't prepare you for the NBA, even though his job is to win college games.

Well his man defense sure isn’t preparing them either. The thing is these things have always been manipulated in order to help the player and prepare them for the league AND win college basketball games. In Calipari’s world he wants people to believe it’s a binary choice. It isn’t.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
I mean.. our guards are awful at stopping anything lol. Is there a world where two 7 footers, if it's bigZ and another, are the way to stop a team like Oakland?

I'm not saying I'd go that route. But man, our guards just haven't gotten the message on defense. We have to do something.
BEcause our 3 7 footers are even worse on D and can't score to save their lives.

Why would you wait till now to figure out how to stop guards from driving? Why haven't you been working on it?

He highlighted how to stop certain guards we will be facing. Are you implying that Cal should have known the future and knew what team and guards we would face???

Farrrrr Cal for not being able to see the future!!!

This. Some of these posters hang onto every word Cal says. It’s almost as if they’re miserable in life and look for something to get upset about. The sad part is they don’t realize how gullible it makes them appear.

why would a college coach making 9 million dollars per year want to lie and play childish games with his fans?

Maybe because he’s thin skinned and narcissistic and can’t handle the reality of his job performance being told to him.

Anyone coddling Calipari and his blatant disrespect and arrogance after carpet bombing this program are the gullible ones. He hates you too ya know?

It’s a slap in the face to everyone from fans to players to our past gatekeepers to use this program for a money grab, disrespect our fans and history, and coach like he’s part of a YMCA youth league. Yet 4 of you love it and pretend you’re somehow above the childish shade he’s throwing at everyone associated with U.K. basketball. But you aren’t, it just makes you look like you can’t handle the salesman swag even though he keeps selling you lemons.

Last edited:
He highlighted how to stop certain guards we will be facing. Are you implying that Cal should have known the future and knew what team and guards we would face???

No, fire Calipari because he sucks and doesn’t win. Why in the world would a UK can actually want this guy? Do you like losing and getting killed in conference? Do you want to be Indiana?

The deflection a few of you keep projecting is really insane. You’ve bought the cheap charisma of a salesman and don’t even notice he’s handing you your ass. Good grief man, get a hold of yourself. You’re a UK guy, act like it. Time to wake up.

kurt-russell-slap.gif

No, fire Calipari because he sucks and doesn’t win. Why in the world would a UK can actually want this guy? Do you like losing and getting killed in conference? Do you want to be Indiana?

The deflection a few of you keep projecting is really insane. You’ve bought the cheap charisma of a salesman and don’t even notice he’s handing you your ass. Good grief man, get a hold of yourself. You’re a UK guy, act like it. Time to wake up.

kurt-russell-slap.gif

I stopped reading at he doesn’t win. There’s no conversation to be had with someone who makes a statement like that. Have a good one!

He said he did. I missed that part somehow though. He said he went to it the other night a few trips down and got 2 stops on it but he made a sub and the 3rd time A&M hit a3 and so he come out of it. He not gonna stick with no zone. He hopes that shit fails so he don't have to stay in it. I swear he don't even want a zone to work.

I may have dreamed that but I'm pretty sure that's wat his ol stubborn ass said.
So I guess it didn't bother Cal that they hit multiple threes in a man to man? Someday someone will write a book about the college basketball coach who refused to play zone.

Reactions: BlueWhite21
He did win at the beginning but the last 5 years his winning percentage is lower than Gillespie and he got fired after a couple of years.

Does BCG have multiple final fours, a championship, 2nd most wins in our history, etc????

Cherry picked years, like last 5 years, doesn’t cut it. Cherry picked data is used to push agendas.

EVERYONE breaks down our guards one on one. The answer isn't to hurt your offense. A real coach would have our guards actually guarding by march. Insanity.
Maybe they can't play defense. Or won't.

I try to picture the practices that people project on Calipari. They look like 1920s silent movie sets. People just lounge around on day beds reading trashy French novels and eating bon bons. Maybe there's a couple of those old fashioned steam sweat boxes. Paper planes fly by. Women in funny hats walk through with gift wrapped boxes in their arms. Clumps of boys wearing those funny cropped hats** play stickball or jacks. There's a couple of dogs with one eye rimmed in black***. Anything but playing basketball.

Of course, maybe people here don't actually believe their accusations. But they sure sound like they do. People from asylums carrying those huge nets and strait jackets ought to follow them around.

s-l1600.jpg

meta%3AeyJzcmNCdWNrZXQiOiJiemdsZmlsZXMifQ%3D%3D.jpg

How about we just try this for like 12 minutes each half to put offensive pressure on the opponent:

Reed
Dilly
Reeves
Thiero (or Edwards)
Ivisic

Seems lke we didnt' do this in Texas AM game....and this unit has been an offensive dynamo the past 10 games of season. This isn't rocket science.....

Does BCG have multiple final fours, a championship, 2nd most wins in our history, etc????

Cherry picked years, like last 5 years, doesn’t cut it. Cherry picked data is used to push agendas.
Lmao. So using an argument for achievements before 2015 isn't cherry picking years? Hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 247CATS
Let’s take the whole resume, not just the years you picked to use. Logic and reasoning is still hip, even though it’s 2024. 👍
That works for you too. Let's take all the years including the last 5. He sucks. The car salesman shit is getting old.

I can see where Cal in the early in the season said we play man defense which most prefer, but at some point early in the season most Bennies could see were going to need a back-up plan on defense, other than Cal, for the long term goal of a NCAA Championship. So whether it's personnel with man, two bigs, a pressing trapping zone, some type zone not just a 2-3, their are many different zones but do something that might work for this teams make-up and quit trying to beat a square peg in a round hole, but it's a little bit late now.

why would a college coach making 9 million dollars per year want to lie and play childish games with his fans?

Maybe because he’s thin skinned and narcissistic and can’t handle the reality of his job performance being told to him.

Anyone coddling Calipari and his blatant disrespect and arrogance after carpet bombing this program are the gullible ones. He hates you too ya know?

It’s a slap in the face to everyone from fans to players to our past gatekeepers to use this program for a money grab, disrespect our fans and history, and coach like he’s part of a YMCA youth league. Yet 4 of you love it and pretend you’re somehow above the childish shade he’s throwing at everyone associated with U.K. basketball. But you aren’t, it just makes you look like you can’t handle the salesman swag even though he keeps selling you lemons.
Who’s coddling Cal? I just know how to handle people like him. I take him at face value. If you’re allowing him to get under your skin, that’s on you.

In all sincerity, we have played several teams that had guards we could not stop from driving on us like TX A&M and Florida for instance. Why would we not zone with two bigs during the season against teams like this so when SEC tournament time got here our guys had plenty of game experience playing that way?

Reactions: Big Foot 275
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT