ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on the First Practice..

I now have a real hard on for you.
Sopranos_3.gif

(I’m just having fun)

HA, I can't like this one either. I know...I was being a smart arse. What brings you to Lexington. (I saw you were moving .)

"We shoot the ball better than we have in a while" [banana]

you can't have too many shitters.

Not a 100% sure, but may be due to the summer trip.

No a new rule passed last year, I believe, that allows all coaches to have 4 hours a week during the summer with their teams for instruction. The summer trip practices won't start until up in July. They get 10 of those and they're regularly timed, I think (20 hours a week).

Cal gonna turn the swag up to 11 this year.
giphy.gif

You’d have to think Cal’s here till 2020 since he’s already extended two offers for that class

doesn't mean jack shit. Cal will coach and recruit up until midnight the day before he calls it quits unless he makes an announcement that he's leaving in advance. All coaches do that. Lane Kiffin was recruiting players for Alabama one night and then the next day was announced as FAU's head coach. It's part of the job. You coach and recruit until you move on.

You guys that go crazy over these summer practice threads are loony. They are so over rated because there is nothing else going on to be interested in. Start watching golf. It's the best sport and will take you all the way through to basketball season and it's right there in front of you every week. Don't have to rely on reports from people who know nothing about basketball or golf..How about that?

You guys that go crazy over these summer practice threads are loony. They are so over rated because there is nothing else going on to be interested in. Start watching golf. It's the best sport and will take you all the way through to basketball season and it's right there in front of you every week. Don't have to rely on reports from people who know nothing about basketball or golf..How about that?

Well aren’t you a delight.

Thanks for your insightful and useless tip. I think I’ll stick to catpaw since this is a Uk message board. Maybe you can join the golf threads over on the paddock. You will be welcomed with arms wide open

Last edited:

giphy.gif

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

AlohaCat

Reactions: Cindog28
A little help here...What EXACTLY are players and coaches permitted to do on June 27 that constitutes a practice?

I thought practices supervised by coaches were banned until October 12-15 or so. Or did the NCAA change that?

We have the foreign trip this year so that has to create some exceptions by definition. So, the rule may still be in place but you can have an exception every 4 years if you take the trip.

Or they may have also changed that rule some as well but no way for you to play games in August but not have organized activities until October.

Enjoy that while you can folks...

Next December-March it's going to be "We're the youngest team ever...every other team is under seeded..."

I'll grant you that golf is an exciting sport with electrifying displays of athleticism, but tiddlywinks is even more exciting and demanding athletically. I'd rather watch it than golf.

Reactions: CatfanMike47

How about this..... I'll go crazy over about whatever I want and whenever I want.

Plus, I will make wild love to my wife wherever I, err, she lets me, and there's nothing anyone else can say or do about that.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

Oh, and golf sucks

You telling someone to watch and get excited watching golf tells me all I need to know about you lol. Most boring sport in the world to watch. I enjoy playing but not watching.

Look, Cal is basically putting his reputation on the line here. He’s always downplaying his teams before the season starts. Well, he’s not doing that this season, he’s basically saying “Wow”, which means he’s thinking title or bust. It’s a good thing, but brings a lot of pressure on him.

Reactions: crpoore
Look, Cal is basically putting his reputation on the line here. He’s always downplaying his teams before the season starts. Well, he’s not doing that this season, he’s basically saying “Wow”, which means he’s thinking title or bust. It’s a good thing, but brings a lot of pressure on him.

Yeah, it's been a little more than just his usual "I like my team" narrative. That bodes well.

Lol, I thought Cal's getting old, starting to repeat himself-then I realized the clip was looping over and over!

But he sounded about as positive as he's been in awhile. Not having to put up with, ahem, certain guys that are now gone seems to be recharging his batteries big time!
Last year took a toll on Cal. I felt something was different about that team. Cal struggled with some of those guys that are now gone. Cal was frustrated with that team as well as us fans, but this is a new team, so onward together.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Last year took a toll on Cal. I felt something was different about that team. Cal struggled with some of those guys that are now gone. Cal was frustrated with that team as well as us fans, but this is a new team, so onward together.

IMHO, the lead dog (best player) wasn't a lead dog. Talking about Knox. Not dissing, just saying that "lead dog" wasn't his personality and the team never really had a stone cold killer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT