ADVERTISEMENT

Cal linked to SMU Rumor

I could see that being appealing to him. Big money. Could make something happen there. They’d be ecstatic to get highly-ranked recruits.

I don’t think he will voluntarily leave for it. But his phone would ring immediately if Mitch parts with him.

If we come out of this without having to pay Cal's buyout, that gives us a lot more flexibility in who we go after. Some coaches that now appear off the table because they've just signed new contracts with bigger buyouts would be back on the table.

If we come out of this without having to pay Cal's buyout, that gives us a lot more flexibility in who we go after. Some coaches that now appear off the table because they've just signed new contracts with bigger buyouts would be back on the table.
No one is off the table because of a buyout. The Coach our AD and board of trustees wants just signed an extension with a huge buyout.

oh-well-that-will-make-a-refreshing-change-jean-luc-picard.gif

star-trek-make-it.gif

Jeff Goodman mentioned this on Friday. They’re going to a new conference and they have a lot of money. It might be a good spot for him.

The George W Bush library is there. Tons of big time money in the program and they are begging for relevancy after Mossi g out on conference realignment and the TV contract era due to the pony express timing. SMU would have been a major program if they never got the death penalty during that transitional time

Win win for Cal in my opinion. Recruiting hotbed in Dallas with much lower expectations. They probably have deep pockets for NIL too. I mean they definitely had money for the football program in the 80s
We had 700k in the 80’s to retain Rex Chapman for an additional year according to him. Sleezy then but legal now. Just saying……

Cal is going to be linked to every gig. He'd be an upgrade for about 50 of 60 P5s.

Also waiting for the NBA rumors. If not coach, front office role, or a role with USA Basketball which would be perfect for him. He could still be a UK basketball figure head/Assistant AD and work with USA team.

Cal is going to be linked to every gig. He'd be an upgrade for about 50 of 60 P5s.

Also waiting for the NBA rumors. If not coach, front office role, or a role with USA Basketball which would be perfect for him. He could still be a UK basketball figure head/Assistant AD and work with USA team.
He would NEVER be welcomed back to Memphis.

That bridge was completely burned.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Cal's ego is too big to leave the top program in country to go to SMU.

You could, of course, be right. But, I do find it funny that I read the statement "Cal's ego is too big to..." all the time on this board. Sometimes the way that statement is finished is contradictory to the way it is finished in other posts.

Personally, ego or not, i do see SMU as a good option for Cal. I would love to see him wreck some havoc in the ACC.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I think he’d retire before taking a step down. I don’t see him going to any other school. Retirement, admin role or goodness forbid he’s back as coach.
I agree. His ego is too big. Unless he goes to a major school like another blue blood, he will have to be fired because he won't quit voluntarily or retire. I think he should be fired and that way people will know we are serious about our program and we don't appreciate what he's done to it. Most of the country knows he's not a good coach now. Everyone knows but Cal. Frankly, I don't care what happens to him or where he goes, as long as he just goes and not just this school but leaves the state as well. Yes, I am still angry.😡

I agree. His ego is too big. Unless he goes to a major school like another blue blood, he will have to be fired because he won't quit voluntarily or retire. I think he should be fired and that way people will know we are serious about our program and we don't appreciate what he's done to it. Most of the country knows he's not a good coach now. Everyone knows but Cal. Frankly, I don't care what happens to him or where he goes, as long as he just goes and not just this school but leaves the state as well. Yes, I am still angry.😡
And I am with you. He has ruined our program. Mitch better pull the plug today.

Done deal Cal flew from Jersey to Nashville picked up the dogs and went on to Texas. JR’s house from the TV series Dallas is for sale huge Big Screen TV’s throughout with LHOTP playing on a loop 24-7.
Been there. The house is no where near as big as it looked on TV 40 years ago. Cool fact, they said every year the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders have a sleep-over there (well they said that 20 years ago when I saw it).

• Haha
Reactions: TOMCATS1990
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT