ADVERTISEMENT

Cal killing the fanbase...

It's May 25th and you all are still belly-aching about Basketball.

We have 99 days until a new football season and you are in peak misery over a sport that ended almost 2 months ago.

The only ones trying to KILL this fanbase is the reflection you see in the mirror each day. It's not happening though because you all represent maybe 1% of the fanbase.

The TRUE Fans will stick by the program though, but thanks for trying.
WRONGGGG It’s fans like you who settle for apathy and don’t want changing killing our great alma mater’s athletics program.

...know when to walk away, know when to run...

pQDXDHq.png

Sometimes it is good to cull the weakest, most self-pitying, whiny and entitled members from any group.

If a couple mediocre years of Kentucky basketball accomplishes getting rid of thousands of cry babies and spoiled losers who give the whole fan base a bad name, it'll be worth it to those of us who never waver in our love of the program.
We're not going anywhere, but Cal soon will be.

And we'll be remembering fans like you who were willing to watch the program burn to the ground so that you could maintain to your burned-out sanctimonious act.

When Cal's gone, we'll remember you stood by him and supported the destruction of the program.

You're a bad fan.

We're not going anywhere, but Cal soon will be.

And we'll be remembering fans like you who were willing to watch the program burn to the ground so that you could maintain to your burned-out sanctimonious act.

When Cal's gone, we'll remember you stood by him and supported the destruction of the program.

You're a bad fan.
I don’t think MD is a bad guy I just don’t think he realizes he’s become a bigger fan of our coach then he is of the program. Some of these guys take criticisms of Cal to personal.

I don’t know if i’d say killing. He’s certainly testing the commitment level though. Lot of people arent real happy with the idea of 5 or 6 more years of this or however long that contract is.

Last edited:
Reactions: STL_Cat
He's not killing me. I'll be back as soon as he's gone. It's just tough to get too excited for a team of players who don't want to be at Kentucky playing for a coach who doesn't want to be here either.

Got news for you. The players that come after he leaves won't want to be here either. It's purely NIL.

Reactions: megablue
I began listening to UK games with my dad and grandpa on the radio. I wasn't a fan at that age but I was doing something with my dad and grandpa, and that's all that mattered. It wasn't until the '78 season the my real Fandom started. I would listen to Cawood call the game in the car in the cold, bundled up. And if I was lucky, I'd sneak up and watch the game on delay and my parents would sleep through it.

As I grew older I learned that UK doesn't always win, but we would the next time the teams met. Life stayed that way for decades. Then came Cal. And at first it was pretty dang fun. Then the wheels started to wobble, like when he said draft night was the greatest night in UK history. Losses to teams began to pile up, and there was no next year victory. I wasn't happy, but I was getting comfortably numb to it. Then 9-16 happened, and you all no what a shit show Cal has produced since then.

And now I'm no longer numb to the losses. That man is gone, erased in history by Cal... every loss is accompanied by his smug face, and his smarmy speeches. That sanguine even tempered guy is dead and buried. Now I just loathe Cal and wish him gone. How, I really don't care. Pay him off, give him demands he can't possibly agree too, keep putting up for sale signs at his house, get in his face when he is out and about. He has killed the found feelings I had when I could remember my dad, my grandpa. Eff Cal and eff Barney for protecting his fat ass.
He is not killing the fan base...HE KILLED IT A LONG TIME AGO.

Reactions: know1
Sometimes it is good to cull the weakest, most self-pitying, whiny and entitled members from any group.

If a couple mediocre years of Kentucky basketball accomplishes getting rid of thousands of cry babies and spoiled losers who give the whole fan base a bad name, it'll be worth it to those of us who never waver in our love of the program.
Our love of the program is why we’re so pissed about the unacceptable results of the last several years. We don’t wanna be Indiana.

I began listening to UK games with my dad and grandpa on the radio. I wasn't a fan at that age but I was doing something with my dad and grandpa, and that's all that mattered. It wasn't until the '78 season the my real Fandom started. I would listen to Cawood call the game in the car in the cold, bundled up. And if I was lucky, I'd sneak up and watch the game on delay and my parents would sleep through it.

As I grew older I learned that UK doesn't always win, but we would the next time the teams met. Life stayed that way for decades. Then came Cal. And at first it was pretty dang fun. Then the wheels started to wobble, like when he said draft night was the greatest night in UK history. Losses to teams began to pile up, and there was no next year victory. I wasn't happy, but I was getting comfortably numb to it. Then 9-16 happened, and you all no what a shit show Cal has produced since then.

And now I'm no longer numb to the losses. That man is gone, erased in history by Cal... every loss is accompanied by his smug face, and his smarmy speeches. That sanguine even tempered guy is dead and buried. Now I just loathe Cal and wish him gone. How, I really don't care. Pay him off, give him demands he can't possibly agree too, keep putting up for sale signs at his house, get in his face when he is out and about. He has killed the found feelings I had when I could remember my dad, my grandpa. Eff Cal and eff Barney for protecting his fat ass.
How can Cal teams buying the players with the NIL situation. Texas A&M spent 33 million on the football program. A friend of mine sent me the information. College sports is out of control and has to stop.

It becomes hard to be faithful to a program when you know the players are not . They no longer choose to be at UK because of anything other than it is a transitional year (required) for the NBA and the NIL money beats G-League money. The name on the front of the jersey means very little. The expectation from every recruit is that they will be at UK for one year (RS is the exception this year perhaps)

Those are called KY fans. You can identify them as the ones not slinging crap on the Kentucky Wildcats..
They are the ones with their noses so far up Cal's butt that they think Cal's crap is a good thing.

They are the ones with their noses so far up Cal's butt that they think Cal's crap is a good thing.
Nice failed deflect. UK has the man under contract. So you are obviously saying UK can’t run a basketball team. I’d say the ones slinging crap at UK are the ones getting that stinky ammo somewhere.

It's May 25th and you all are still belly-aching about Basketball.

We have 99 days until a new football season and you are in peak misery over a sport that ended almost 2 months ago.

The only ones trying to KILL this fanbase is the reflection you see in the mirror each day. It's not happening though because you all represent maybe 1% of the fanbase.

The TRUE Fans will stick by the program though, but thanks for trying.
The reason Kentucky basketball is Kentucky basketball is because it’s May 25th and we’re sitting here talking about basketball.

We’re not going to start caring less to please casuals like you.

There must be an agreement also to push the NBA decision date up to April 30 rather than May 30 .

Additionally athletes who decide to transfer must pay their own expenses to visit other school. Many take advantage of this as a high school senior visiting up to five schools and then do it again as a transfer student. And even again as a graduate student .

Finally NIL Contracts can only be negated if an athlete goes to the NBA. In other words the contracts for NIL must restrict the athlete to that school. That restricts poaching

Reactions: wildcatwelder
The reason Kentucky basketball is Kentucky basketball is because it’s May 25th and we’re sitting here talking about basketball.

We’re not going to start caring less to please casuals like you.
Well HEY! Glad to see you're still stalking me on the board. My point was some of you all need a hobby...and apparently I need security.

Well HEY! Glad to see you're still stalking me on the board. My point was some of you all need a hobby...and apparently I need security.
I’ll never understand this thing where someone posts something on a public message board and then they tell someone who replies to it that they’re stalking them

I’ll never understand this thing where someone posts something on a public message board and then they tell someone who replies to it that they’re stalking them
Because literally everything I post you have a reply to. You're like a bully that is following me to every thread and trying to start shit. I apparently cannot have my own opinion without making you mad.

Let me guess...you're probably all tore up over a rainbow on a beer can too...right?

really?
you must have missed about 11 years of UK basketball if you think that
If you only care about championship as a measure, then I guess so. But under Tubby, there was a stretch of several years where we were the winningest team in basketball. People who think UK wasn't really, really good under Tubby most of the years have faulty memories.

BCG was a mess, but it was only two years and at least he and the team were actively trying to win. I'm not sure what Cal and a lot of these recent players are trying to do. I guess get rich.

If you only care about championship as a measure, then I guess so. But under Tubby, there was a stretch of several years where we were the winningest team in basketball. People who think UK wasn't really, really good under Tubby most of the years have faulty memories.

BCG was a mess, but it was only two years and at least he and the team were actively trying to win. I'm not sure what Cal and a lot of these recent players are trying to do. I guess get rich.
yet we still never reached a FF
4 E8's was tops for Tubby after 1998

yet we still never reached a FF
4 E8's was tops for Tubby after 1998
But the fan base wasn't in the shape it is now. And that's the point of this thread. People were still behind the team and coach because they were trying to win for UK. The coach and players now don't seem to be anymore. And that's why it's far worse now and he is killing the fan base. Even though BCG was a train wreck, it was only a couple of years. He never did the damage Cal has.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT