ADVERTISEMENT

Cal introductory press conference link

He’s gonna kill it here, it’s gonna sting a little, but you’re gonna get a great coach too. It’ll make for some great games and just enhance the rivalry even more. Which is good for both schools and the conference.
There’s a Cal Lifecycle thread made here, and probably the truest thing posted on this board. I’d advise all Arkansas fans to read it.

Knew this was why he chose Arky. Similar to Ky. And he's the center of attention. And they're oblivious...atm.

Knew this was why he chose Arky. Similar to Ky. And he's the center of attention. And they're oblivious...atm.
where wouldn't this have been the case though? Any program with above average following would have this

There’s a Cal Lifecycle thread made here, and probably the truest thing posted on this board. I’d advise all Arkansas fans to read it.
I don’t disagree, we’ll get 5 good years and then we’ll get somebody else. He’ll be very motivated and engaged for that period and good for him. Plus you guys get to start your new chapter, so like I said it’ll be a win/win.

Cal just said Arkansas is on the same level as UK as a program.
That's because he believes it due to him being there.

This is watching a washed up dude that knows how to fill the banquet circle tell tall tales.

If Cal really wants to win the fans over go with the old Bobby Bowden line from introducing his wife Ann at a speaking engagement when introducing Ellen:

"Beside every great man is a great woman--and behind that woman is that man's wife".

Bored Bugs Bunny GIF by MOODMAN

He took a shot at the fanbase too. ''People think you cant be players first and still win. But you can''.
He's not wrong but you can't be "players first" with the approach he morphed it into the latter years.

You can't keep superior talent on the bench behind less talented guys because you promised people something.

The program succeeding only helps the players--but making it about the players doesn't always help the program.

Telling people bullshit and then taking it back doesn't help anyone. (Act like you won when you lose was still the WTF is this guy's deal moment for me)

Most coaches care about the players but the way they approach that is within the framework of the team/program and what's going to help everyone in the long run. Cal's about get to the League and get yourself a bunch of contracts-which is great for those capable and nobody disagrees-look at UK fans response to Rob Dillingham announcing his departure? They get it for the guys who should leave. But when guys are leaving because that's the thing to do in his program and not what's best-you don't chalk it up to "I'm here for him--love you kid--go kill it" damn well knowing you wanted the spot open for a new player and knowing they'll fail. That's Cal first too.

He was a great coach who settled for being an average coach and did everything he could think to "return" to what he was-so now he's gone he thinks this will work. The people around him who leech are telling him what he wants to hear too. Ellen is the only one who seems to get it but that often is the case.

Wait til they find out he doesn't care about the SECT and draft day is the big day.
He cares now because he's gonna need a SEC TOURNAMENT win to make the ncaa tournament. This is a refreshed Cal and it's not gonna be as hard as it is at UK. You think everyone gets up to play Arkansas like they did us. He's on cruise control now.

He cares now because he's gonna need a SEC TOURNAMENT win to make the ncaa tournament. This is a refreshed Cal and it's not gonna be as hard as it is at UK. You think everyone gets up to play Arkansas like they did us. He's on cruise control now.
Guess we’ll see together.

Reactions: pigmania
where wouldn't this have been the case though? Any program with above average following would have this
Yeah, maybe so. But how many states are there where basketball is king and there's no pro sports? Uconn? Arkansas is perfect for Cal imo.

Cruise control anywhere these days with all the parity isn't gonna get it done. ARK will give more pressure then some think. Especially if he flops in year 1.

Arkansas AD said NIL money is not in the bank as reported. Said they need fans help…. Hmmmm
That’s so the fans don’t stop giving thinking it’s done. The NIL money as far as Cal is concerned is in the bank. That’s first hand information, respectfully.

• Haha
Reactions: ukfan041
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT