ADVERTISEMENT

Cal has the Cats playing the wrong style of play.

Yes they are not good at all in the half court. This style doesn't fit players like Diallo. He needs to be on a team where he can get out and run more.
And its generally on one half of the court only. They are sometimes good on the other half.

Lol I'm good and you ?
I really need your advice smoothie king besides being a basketball genius brandy is pregnant again. Now the brass ass won't allow her to take maternity leave until she's 8 months pregnant. Would you let her continue to work, or would you file a lawsuit against the brass ass saying she won't make any money stripping since nobody wants to see my old lady shaking her money maker with a huge gut. Is that discrimination I really need your help smooth you always know what to say and have great advice.

I really need your advice smoothie king besides being a basketball genius brandy is pregnant again. Now the brass ass won't allow her to take maternity leave until she's 8 months pregnant. Would you let her continue to work, or would you file a lawsuit against the brass ass saying she won't make any money stripping since nobody wants to see my old lady shaking her money maker with a huge gut. Is that discrimination I really need your help smooth you always know what to say and have great advice.
Man I wouldn't let her continue to work. Let them know Smoothie king said so okay lol .There's money that has to be made and bills have to be paid.

I agree with the OP. We are poor at passing and dribbling from beyond the 3 point line in set offenses. The first half against Auburn we couldn't even get shots off due to turnovers. If this was early in the season, OK, chalk it up to inexperience. At this point it is clear passing, ball handling skills, and 3 point shooting is not our strength, so take more open mid-range shots, abandon trying to force passes to the post area (as I repeatedly say, who are we trying to pass to anyway as this is no Cousins, Davis, KAT, etc.). Plus, even with the dribble drive, it is problematic as that increases the odds of being fouled and our free throw shooting has cost us a number of games.

Yes they are not good at all in the half court. This style doesn't fit players like Diallo. He needs to be on a team where he can get out and run more.

Diallo needed a big time rebounder who could throw the outlet pass like Kevin Love. He is an athlete pure and simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

We need to use Knox in a pick and roll capacity. We can't penetrate because teams force us to spread the floor and Shai and Quade are obviously not John Wall. No one respects our outside game and they pack the paint. And our big men are incredibly ineffective, especially on the glass. It's just a big burgoo of wtf.

Man I wouldn't let her continue to work. Let them know Smoothie king said so okay lol .There's money that has to be made and bills have to be paid.
Thanks smooth you're the dr Phil of catpaw and I know you can't wait for your boy keldon to arrive in Lexington

Haven’t heard from you in a while smooth.

We appreciate your thoughts.

You might. He can talk a long walk off a short pier as far as I’m concerned.

Super troll that trashed Cal, his first team here and all UK fans on the tarhole board constantly.

But you gullible people keep letting this guy be chummy.

He’s playing everyone of you.

Last edited:
This team is not very good in the half court offense. I feel they will be better as a run and press team.
I somewhat agree with you. That said you also need to be able to force the other team into a run and shoot match up. I don;t think this team is capable of imposing their will on anyone. They are getting forced into playing everyone else's style every night from what I see. You also have to score in the half court to set a press up consistently as you aren't going to get a turnover every possession.

All you have to do to stop UK is focus your guys on getting back and quickly setting up the half court D. This team cannot score in the half court. If I was an opposing coach I wouldn't let anyone but my 5 try to rebound offensively. I would play to get a good shot and then get everyone back to defend after I took that shot. That's how you beat us.

Smooth where ya been. Love your post very informing and up to date. I’d like to see us play like it’s 1999. Keep on posting my man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT