ADVERTISEMENT

Cal going to go straighten Mitch out

Name the schools that have bypassed us in facilities. I can give half dozen or more in on court performance.

Well, and I am being totally honest here, I actually work in a job where I get to travel to college campuses quite a bit due to the software that we sell, and I always try to go by the basketball offices at some point while I'm there.

75% of the time, the nice lady at the front desk will give you a tour if you ask, or bring up a student manager to show you around.

Out of just the ones I have visited in the last 6-8 years, these are ones I would put above Joe Craft.

Duke

Ohio State
- Brand new, 2019 I think

Arkansas- https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/best-practice-facility-in-the-sec/

U of Houston-

Texas Tech- brand new in last 2 years maybe-

Utah- https://www.runninutes.com/program/huntsman-basketball-facility.html

West Virginia- This was built in 2011 and renovated in like 2018 I think

Seton Hall- this one was crazy https://friars.com/facilities/ruane-friar-development-center-and-innovation-lab/27)

Oregon

Virginia-

Texas

Nebraska
- this one was also wild, and I couldn't believe it based on how bad they usually are

Oklahoma State- They have a 3 story locker room/player lounge that was unbelievable. Attached to arena.

This isn't all of them that I've been to but just ones that immediately came to mind (luckily I was disappointed with Louisville's). I have either gotten to tour all of these or just driven by them and looked them up while doing so.

I tried to find articles or videos about some of them so people can see, but didn't feel like looking them all up.

And there are obviously PLENTY more that I haven't visited personally that I hear are unbelievable.

It's no secret that Kentucky's facilities are just pretty average, if not below-average, in this day and age. Especially if you just compare Joe Craft to the new UK Football facility, which puts Joe Craft to shame.

I think we all know the on-court performance needs to be better, but the facilities do also. We made the commitment for football, rightfully so, but let's do it for basketball.

In fairness, the ones I have been to which I think rank BELOW Joe Craft:

Florida

Louisville

Villanova

Oklahoma

Florida State

To present both sides.

Well, and I am being totally honest here, I actually work in a job where I get to travel to college campuses quite a bit due to the software that we sell, and I always try to go by the basketball offices at some point while I'm there.

75% of the time, the nice lady at the front desk will give you a tour if you ask, or bring up a student manager to show you around.

Out of just the ones I have visited in the last 6-8 years, these are ones I would put above Joe Craft.

Duke

Ohio State
- Brand new, 2019 I think

Arkansas- https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/best-practice-facility-in-the-sec/

U of Houston-

Texas Tech- brand new in last 2 years maybe-

Utah- https://www.runninutes.com/program/huntsman-basketball-facility.html

West Virginia- This was built in 2011 and renovated in like 2018 I think

Seton Hall- this one was crazy https://friars.com/facilities/ruane-friar-development-center-and-innovation-lab/27)

Oregon

Virginia-

Texas

Nebraska
- this one was also wild, and I couldn't believe it based on how bad they usually are

Oklahoma State- They have a 3 story locker room/player lounge that was unbelievable. Attached to arena.

This isn't all of them that I've been to but just ones that immediately came to mind (luckily I was disappointed with Louisville's). I have either gotten to tour all of these or just driven by them and looked them up while doing so.

I tried to find articles or videos about some of them so people can see, but didn't feel like looking them all up.

And there are obviously PLENTY more that I haven't visited personally that I hear are unbelievable.

It's no secret that Kentucky's facilities are just pretty average, if not below-average, in this day and age. Especially if you just compare Joe Craft to the new UK Football facility, which puts Joe Craft to shame.

I think we all know the on-court performance needs to be better, but the facilities do also. We made the commitment for football, rightfully so, but let's do it for basketball.

In fairness, the ones I have been to which I think rank BELOW Joe Craft:

Florida

Louisville

Villanova

Oklahoma

Florida State

To present both sides.
What do those facilities have that craft center doesn’t? I know UK is always updating its conditioning equipment, I mean it’s legit question

Really just more sociopathic-like Calipari deflection.
Our facilities aren't trash, and beyond that there is a lot of other things that recruits prioritize before how jazzy their game room and housing is.
1. NIL money
2. Coach (can he develop me and get me to the next level etc?)
3. Playing time
4 Can I win a national championship there?
5 Hot women on campus?
6 Blue blood basketball program with a tradition of winning?
7. Maybe facilities here?

If I was Mitch i would tell Calipari, it's a done deal if he at least gets to the final four next year. So put up, or shut up.

What do those facilities have that craft center doesn’t? I know UK is always updating its conditioning equipment, I mean it’s legit question

They're just newer, fresher, more lounge space for the players, some have 2 courts for MBB instead of just one (like Duke, WVU, etc).

It's like walking into 2 different apartments....both have 2 bedrooms, both have 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, etc.

But you'll come away from one saying "meh, that was okay", and you'll walk away from the other being really impressed.

Sure, they may check the same "boxes" (weight room, lounge, locker room, training room, etc)- but walking around the ones I mentioned and then walking through Joe Craft, you just feel a difference.

The apartment metaphor is the best way I can describe it.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Haven't these "below gold standard" facilities been home to "top 3" ranked classes for the last 9 of 10 years or so?

Maybe it's the coaching....just spitballing...
This is a good point. It was good enough for those awesome classes Cal was able to reel in but they have fallen off. Has Duke surpassed everyone in facilities and infrastructure?

Self is always pushing hard for upgrades at Kansas. His hard work does seem to be paying off.

Cal is going to let him know our facilities are the reason we aren't winning and he isn't going to take it anymore. Glad Cal is going to speak truth to power and tell Mitch what we all know is the reason for the failure over the last 7 years. Cal took it and tried to shield Mitch for far too long, its time.
You’re bat shit crazy get back down in mama’s basement.

7tXoAhq.png

It's clear Cal has had this talk the last few years with Barnhart, and Barnhart has probably told him to "wait until football is done, wait until Softball is done, wait until tennis is done" etc every year.

It's clear Cal got frustrated so he has since started commenting publicly on it, to put pressure on Barnhart to actually get something done.

Chess move by Cal but I'm sure it pissed off Barnhart, essentially putting him on blast like that.
Chess move? When Cal is speaking it sounds more like a tic tac toe move.

The loud but very small majority here isn't fooling anyone but themselves (because they actually think the are accomplishing something other than wasting their own time). Take away the rival fans here acting like UK fans and you have a TINY group of bumbling boobs. I always wonder if they secretly meet somewhere wearing their LOD tee shirts and giving each other the reach around. lmao. Even last year was a blast other than the sudden ending. We were like 18-4 when we dismantled Kansas at their own place and left them squealing.
How did the last two games turn out?

WTF? I swear....I think you're slow sometimes. Either that or we need an age limit on this board.

No one here said, a single time, that Cal didn't comment on facilities. OF COURSE HE DID you absolute moron, we've debated it on here 150,000 times since he made the comments.

The comments people in this thread are making are about the fact that ANOTHER blithering, sarastic thread was started about the same topic that's already been debated on here 100 times, and yeah...IT'S GOOFY AS HELL.

Goodness I swear...if you don't draw a map for some posters on here they get lost.
You lose

Cal shouldn't be bitching about anything if he can't beat the damn peacocks.
Now that’s just not fair.

‘Cocks have about the nicest 3,200-seat arena in North Jersey and some real fine weight benches downstairs.

How’s Cal supposed to compete with that?

Last edited:
Cal is going to let him know our facilities are the reason we aren't winning and he isn't going to take it anymore. Glad Cal is going to speak truth to power and tell Mitch what we all know is the reason for the failure over the last 7 years. Cal took it and tried to shield Mitch for far too long, its time.
How does this help us get beer in Rupp?

Reactions: federalcat
Ranked top five in the way to early preseason polls so others outside the bluegrass state seems to like the Wildcat’s chances as do I.
All fake news. They hate cal so they rank his teams high, that way when they fail more heat is on Cal.

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
I would assume this is sarcasm if not then I am too polite to say _________________.

Reactions: KFuqua
The Joe Craft Center ain’t that new hell its 15 years old now. We’ve already recruited players that were born after construction started.

I swear some of you must think Russia has hi tech military equipment

Cal makes about $4m per year over his market value. Tell him they will pledge $20m in upgrades if he takes that cut over the next 5 years to match.

Reactions: delk4three
Not one word Cal said blamed a single loss on the facilities. If it's true more than one recruit has commented that others are better, they need to upgrade. All you window lickers just want to twist every thing to trash Cal. The Athletics budget and ability to raise private donations means there should never be resistance to updating basketball facilities financially. They have never and will never need a single dollar of public or University funds. It's time.

Cal couldn’t straighten out a string. Quit bitching about facilities and coach. No more maniacal screaming on the sidelines, just coach. Not really sure if that’s possible though.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
You want to win a title or go to a final four sooner, better to upgrade the head coach.
I can only wish CCC was gone, LCC. You and I both banged the gong loudly enough to try and get thru to the numbnutz here on this board that still hang of his sack.

And the entire Sharpe fiasco..... Last time I ever take Cal at his word for anything. That much, is proven to be 1,000% true. Anyone that trusts anything that comes out of CCC's mouth NOW is a complete and total idiot.

I totally despise CCC

The simple thinking on this board is amusing. Do you ever stop to think the improvements he is trying to get done is more for the next coach than him? When he does leave, and it will be his choice, he wants the facilities to be top shelf. Does any coach stop trying to improve facilities?

WTF? I swear....I think you're slow sometimes. Either that or we need an age limit on this board.

No one here said, a single time, that Cal didn't comment on facilities. OF COURSE HE DID you absolute moron, we've debated it on here 150,000 times since he made the comments.

The comments people in this thread are making are about the fact that ANOTHER blithering, sarastic thread was started about the same topic that's already been debated on here 100 times, and yeah...IT'S GOOFY AS HELL.

Goodness I swear...if you don't draw a map for some posters on here they get lost.
Lighten up Francis. You’re not the internet police.

Serious question....
What specific facilities are needed? What specific difference

- We've got chefs that cook specific meals for players

Would it not make sense to save up $20M+ for NIL deals to basically buy the best players and not waste it on facilities upgrades that kids could care less about? Isn't this another sign Cal is not the future and is the past.... The man can't even talk to the AD but when he does...this is the crap he thinks needs to be discussed?
image_handler.aspx
image_handler.aspx
will it make to wins/losses?

craft2.jpg
image_handler.aspx
image_handler.aspx
95614157_2629454483991360_3004161256539029504_n.jpg

Didn’t UK just totally renovate the Craft Center/ Coal Lodge like 7-8 years ago? Wasn’t there $35-$45 million dollars pumped into the project?

I thought people were saying it was state of the art when it was finished. Maybe I’m thinking of another program.

The dorms were done in 2008. Regular student dorms are superior now. I'm sure that is one of the renovations.

Reactions: TFCats11
Not one word Cal said blamed a single loss on the facilities. If it's true more than one recruit has commented that others are better, they need to upgrade. All you window lickers just want to twist every thing to trash Cal. The Athletics budget and ability to raise private donations means there should never be resistance to updating basketball facilities financially. They have never and will never need a single dollar of public or University funds. It's time.
I swear, do you and bassfan hold hands while you cheer for Cal? It sure seems like it.

Serious question....
What specific facilities are needed? What specific difference

- We've got chefs that cook specific meals for players

Would it not make sense to save up $20M+ for NIL deals to basically buy the best players and not waste it on facilities upgrades that kids could care less about? Isn't this another sign Cal is not the future and is the past.... The man can't even talk to the AD but when he does...this is the crap he thinks needs to be discussed?
image_handler.aspx
image_handler.aspx
will it make to wins/losses?

craft2.jpg
image_handler.aspx
image_handler.aspx
95614157_2629454483991360_3004161256539029504_n.jpg
Thanks K Time.

If Calipari is yapping about this ^^^^, then maybe he does need to consider a different place to coach. Now, I haven't read through the entire thread but I will later, so if something is out of sorts then I'll adjust my statement, but seriously...Cal? Come on!

Thanks K Time.

If Calipari is yapping about this ^^^^, then maybe he does need to consider a different place to coach. Now, I haven't read through the entire thread but I will later, so if something is out of sorts then I'll adjust my statement, but seriously...Cal? Come on!
The man is as tone deaf as American politicians are to everyday people....that is how I look at him anymore. What the hay bails does Tyler Herro, Terrence Clarke, TyTy, PJ Washington, etc... need to be better players or their respective teams?

Do we not have a huge practice facility that only men b-ball use and can use at anytime of day or night. 8 basketball rims, personal weight room, training staff for b-ball only, dieticians/chefs, year round orthopedics/therapists, video room to break down film (not like Cal is going to break down opponents film, etc...

We take any assistant coach we want and pay them over the hills (except for Duke), private jets to recruit nationally, etc...

And Cal makes $9M per year in salary himself

What are the specifics of what he needs to be even an inch more successful? Are there any specifics or just more money for the sake of spending more?

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Thanks K Time.

Don’t bother. Nothing there.

Reactions: *CatinIL*
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT