ADVERTISEMENT

Cal going to go straighten Mitch out

etownblue25

Sophomore
Jul 30, 2008
Cal is going to let him know our facilities are the reason we aren't winning and he isn't going to take it anymore. Glad Cal is going to speak truth to power and tell Mitch what we all know is the reason for the failure over the last 7 years. Cal took it and tried to shield Mitch for far too long, its time.

It's clear Cal has had this talk the last few years with Barnhart, and Barnhart has probably told him to "wait until football is done, wait until Softball is done, wait until tennis is done" etc every year.

It's clear Cal got frustrated so he has since started commenting publicly on it, to put pressure on Barnhart to actually get something done.

Chess move by Cal but I'm sure it pissed off Barnhart, essentially putting him on blast like that.

Reactions: ABlockalypseBrow
Lmao I'll say. It's pretty unbelievable some of the nutjobs that post on here now [laughing]
“We slipped a little bit in some of the facilities,” Calipari said. “Now I’m not saying our facilities are bad — they’re not bad — it’s not the gold standard. Mitch and I are going to sit down and talk. Ok, what’s the path? How do we get that going to where anybody that walks in our campus and sees any facilities knows ‘wow, look at this’.”

Egg on your face, champ.

Didn’t UK just totally renovate the Craft Center/ Coal Lodge like 7-8 years ago? Wasn’t there $35-$45 million dollars pumped into the project?

I thought people were saying it was state of the art when it was finished. Maybe I’m thinking of another program.

The Craft Center was finished in like 2006 and has barely been touched since from an upgrade standpoint, besides graphics and artwork on the walls. That was 17 years ago, and around the time this rising senior class was born!

Coal Lodge was opened in 2012 and has also not been touched.

So 16 (going on 17) years for the practice facility and 10 years for the residence hall.

17 years is an eternity in facilities and we've definitely been bypassed.

Imagine in 2006 if we had a facility that opened up in 1989....that's the difference in time we're talking about.

The Craft Center was finished in like 2006 and has barely been touched since from an upgrade standpoint, besides graphics and artwork on the walls. That was 17 years ago, and around the time this rising senior class was born!

So 16 (going on 17) years for the practice facility and 10 years for the residence hall.

Imagine in 2006 if we had a facility that opened up in 1989....that's the difference in time we're talking about.
Cal shouldn't be bitching about anything if he can't beat the damn peacocks.

Thanks man! Now I have my memory straight.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
“We slipped a little bit in some of the facilities,” Calipari said. “Now I’m not saying our facilities are bad — they’re not bad — it’s not the gold standard. Mitch and I are going to sit down and talk. Ok, what’s the path? How do we get that going to where anybody that walks in our campus and sees any facilities knows ‘wow, look at this’.”

Egg on your face, champ.

WTF? I swear....I think you're slow sometimes. Either that or we need an age limit on this board.

No one here said, a single time, that Cal didn't comment on facilities. OF COURSE HE DID you absolute moron, we've debated it on here 150,000 times since he made the comments.

The comments people in this thread are making are about the fact that ANOTHER blithering, sarastic thread was started about the same topic that's already been debated on here 100 times, and yeah...IT'S GOOFY AS HELL.

Goodness I swear...if you don't draw a map for some posters on here they get lost.

This is a bunch crybaby bologna BS!! What's NOT Gold standard is his coaching ability and performance. This man becomes a bigger joke everytime he opens his mouth.

Why can't we say that BOTH his coaching performance (or a new head coach altogether) AND our facilities have to improve?? Why are those 2 things mutually exclusive for some reason?

WTF? I swear....I think you're slow sometimes lmao. Either that or we need an age limit on this board.

No one here said, a single time, that Cal didn't comment on facilities. OF COURSE HE DID you absolute moron, we've debated it on here 150,000 times since he made the comments.

The comments people in this thread are making are about the fact that ANOTHER blithering, sarastic thread was started about the same topic that's already been debated on here 100 times, and yeah...IT'S GOOFY AS HELL.

Goodness I swear...if you don't draw a map for some posters on here they get lost.
I'M the moron? You called the OP a nutjob for posting something factual, and then when the link was posted you realized he was right and tried to backtrack. Now you have the sack to call someone else a moron for calling you out? Nice try. Your RAAAAAGE is your TELL.

Why can't we say that BOTH his coaching performance (or a new head coach altogether) AND our facilities have to improve?? Why are those 2 things mutually exclusive for some reason?
Because, YOU ABSOLUTE MORON, the facilities are better than 99% of the facilities in America, and yet we somehow can't land the top recruits OR win any tournament games. That goes to the head coach, but NOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO, the FAAAAAANS have to come up with more MONEHHHHHHHHS because CAAAAAAAAL wants them to. IDIOT.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I'M the moron? You called the OP a nutjob for posting something factual, and then when the link was posted you realized he was right and tried to backtrack. Now you have the sack to call someone else a moron for calling you out? Nice try. Your RAAAAAGE is your TELL.

WTFFFF hahaha [laughing] invent whatever reality you'd like champ. You and I both know this facility quote has been shopped on this board for WEEKS now. Check my post history if it matters so much to you, you'll see I've chimed in.

But hey, if you want to make up backstories about people to make yourself feel better for a lack of reading comprehension....well it's a free country so have at it.

Because, YOU ABSOLUTE MORON, the facilities are better than 99% of the facilities in America, and yet we somehow can't land the top recruits OR win any tournament games. That goes to the head coach, but NOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO, the FAAAAAANS have to come up with more MONEHHHHHHHHS because CAAAAAAAAL wants them to. IDIOT.

[laughing][laughing][laughing]

Pooping on Cal aside, I'm curious as to what we don't have that others do. Not to mention the Rupp renovation ongoing. But I do agree with him. There's absolutely no reason our facilities shouldn't be the best in all of college basketball. Big Blue Madness has needed to be revamped for many moons.
BBN needs to be done away with. It has become a joke just like the "gold standard man " himself. Those here that still are kissing CCC'S rear and trusting in this liar are the problem . If the SS fiasco wasn't the last straw I don't know what to tell you.
He says he's had the opportunity to leave for other places...yea right!!! Name another place he could go that would pay him half what his overpaid A$$ is earning!

Last edited:
WTFFFF hahaha [laughing] invent whatever reality you'd like champ. You and I both know this facility quote has been shopped on this board for WEEKS now. Check my post history if it matters so much to you, you'll see I've chimed in.

But hey, if you want to make up backstories about people to make yourself feel better for a lack of reading comprehension....well it's a free country so have at it.
I don't have to make up anything, YOU'RE the one demanding that people read into your cryptic, stupid, vacuous little posts stuff that isn't there. That's on YOU. IDGAF about your post history, but next time you start lashing out at someone you might take JUUUUUUUST a split second to clarify what you mean so you don't look like a total SIMPLETON.

Ranked top five in the way to early preseason polls so others outside the bluegrass state seems to like the Wildcat’s chances as do I.
The loud but very small majority here isn't fooling anyone but themselves (because they actually think the are accomplishing something other than wasting their own time). Take away the rival fans here acting like UK fans and you have a TINY group of bumbling boobs. I always wonder if they secretly meet somewhere wearing their LOD tee shirts and giving each other the reach around. lmao. Even last year was a blast other than the sudden ending. We were like 18-4 when we dismantled Kansas at their own place and left them squealing.

Reactions: Tampa_cat54
I don't have to make up anything, YOU'RE the one demanding that people read into your cryptic, stupid, vacuous little posts stuff that isn't there. That's on YOU. IDGAF about your post history, but next time you start lashing out at someone you might take JUUUUUUUST a split second to clarify what you mean so you don't look like a total SIMPLETON.

Lmao.....it just keeps getting better and better. Keep it up.

Name the schools that have bypassed us in facilities. I can give half dozen or more in on court performance.

The loud but very small majority here isn't fooling anyone but themselves (because they actually think the are accomplishing something other than wasting their own time). Take away the rival fans here acting like UK fans and you have a TINY group of bumbling boobs. I always wonder if they secretly meet somewhere wearing their LOD tee shirts and giving each other the reach around. lmao. Even last year was a blast other than the sudden ending. We were like 18-4 when we dismantled Kansas at their own place and left them squealing.

Good grief. This hurts my brain.

Mitch and I are meeting because my thing about it’s unacceptable if we’re not the gold standard in facilities and everything else.

Its the everything else part that has people concerned

btw, so now Cal is ready to sit down and talk to Mitch?

Last edited:
I agree with Calipari on this as UK basketball should always have the best of the best in all regards.

Also, this "failure" of 7 years thing is nonsense...UK has had some really good seasons overall pre the disaster of 2020-2021 and the abomination of March 2022 for last season's team. We definitely need to get back to a Final Four asap (next season) though IMO as it has been too long. A title would be even nicer...but with Calipari not holding my breather as I do feel he is past his prime as far as winning a 2nd title.

Pooping on Cal aside, I'm curious as to what we don't have that others do. Not to mention the Rupp renovation ongoing. But I do agree with him. There's absolutely no reason our facilities shouldn't be the best in all of college basketball. Big Blue Madness has needed to be revamped for many moons.
True...but considering the last 2 years....not the time for Cal to be barking about it imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT