ADVERTISEMENT

Cal comment on Diallo?

You have to understand the context of the quote. He was talking about an NBA team committing to take Hami earlier in the draft. The quote had nothing to do with recruiting. Common sense guys.

There's too much conflating pertaining to the Diallo debate.

Diallo said he'd do what he did. Test the water and return to Kentucky with that information and move along with his season. The confusion and straw man tactics started when Diallo looked to be leaving, starting the pontificating process. It was at that point that a lot of people felt he was using the program and Kentucky effect while never contributing. So the uproar started. His comments always seemed to imply his return, so people expected it.

Im fine that there was an uproar. Id rather Kentucky know that fans expect them to play. Yes, I can be paranoid.

I never saw death threats or wishing physical harm coming from posters. Saying "you dont want him anyway" is just trolling or venting. Doesn't take much wisdom to ignore that crap, and it wasn't many doing it.

If you're someone who would have been fine with him leaving anyway, and there are a few handfuls, then what are they debating anyway? They essentially take a 'I win" position to everything and have no standard.

Not worth debating those, imo.

There's too much conflating pertaining to the Diallo debate.

Diallo said he'd do what he did. Test the water and return to Kentucky with that information and move along with his season. The confusion and straw man tactics started when Diallo looked to be leaving, starting the pontificating process. It was at that point that a lot of people felt he was using the program and Kentucky effect while never contributing. So the uproar started. His comments always seemed to imply his return, so people expected it.

Im fine that there was an uproar. Id rather Kentucky know that fans expect them to play. Yes, I can be paranoid.

I never saw death threats or wishing physical harm coming from posters. Saying "you dont want him anyway" is just trolling or venting. Doesn't take much wisdom to ignore that crap, and it wasn't many doing it.

If you're someone who would have been fine with him leaving anyway, and there are a few handfuls, then what are they debating anyway? They essentially take a 'I win" position to everything and have no standard.

Not worth debating those, imo.

There's a pack of groupies here that won't allow you to vent or say anything they disagree with or they'll try to have you ridden out of town on a rail. Not worth debating with them, not even worth reading any of their posts.

Was wondering the same thing. There's a familiarity, but I can't quite place it.

Him ignoring the question is a pretty tell tale sign.

I always laugh when banned posters come back, know all about everyone's personalities and board history in their month of posting, and pretend they weren't banned for being terrible already.

Reactions: Aike

I always laugh when banned posters come back, know all about everyone's personalities and board history in their month of posting, and pretend they weren't banned for being terrible already.

I've never been banned. I've watched you talk down to people since I joined. You come across as a tool with a computer connection. I told you that very same thing a few weeks ago.

There's a pack of groupies here that won't allow you to vent or say anything they disagree with or they'll try to have you ridden out of town on a rail. Not worth debating with them, not even worth reading any of their posts.

Just different styles. Some fans are more laid back than others.

My issue isnt with anyone in this thread really. I just dont see the point in debating someone who's out to win, not out to see other sides. Too much of it dealing with tbe diallo siatuation. Seems more like people talking past people. I hate arguing folks who dont take a real position or have a real standard.

Just different styles. Some fans are more laid back than others.

My issue isnt with anyone in this thread really. I just dont see the point in debating someone who's out to win, not out to see other sides. Too much of it dealing with tbe diallo siatuation. Seems more like people talking past people.

Agree. He'll be here a year and then gone. We'll all hope he does well. Some posters here vent about Diallo and others vent because they hate their lives and need to kick someone on the internet, LOL. See ya. No more Diallo for me.

Diallo is going to be the point guard and leader of the 2017-18 UK Wildcats.

I don't know why people still care about him testing the NBA waters.

I've never been banned. I've watched you talk down to people since I joined. You come across as a tool with a computer connection. I told you that very same thing a few weeks ago.

If you mean I told a handful of posters that they were terrible because they're terrible, then guilty.

People get exactly the respect that they afford to others and to our players, coach and program.

If you jump in a thread talking about something being "obvious" and attacking one of ours, and that ends up being wrong, you deserve to be talked down to because you're a terrible fan and demonstrate that you're not capable of reasonable discussion.

There were lots of folks I disagreed with on Diallo that I respect immensely, and it never got ugly because they aren't terrible. But there's no place here for the constant whining and pot stirring. You'll notice those folks have been absent since.

Wonder what changed? Think they're suddenly busy?

But by all means, defend them. Just don't be surprised if it results in no one engaging you in actual productive conversation. But then, you took my reply in this thread and started throwing darts, so maybe you're not interested in that in the first place.

Reactions: Aike and morgousky
If you mean I told a handful of posters that they were terrible because they're terrible, then guilty.

People get exactly the respect that they afford to others and to our players, coach and program.

If you jump in a thread talking about something being "obvious" and attacking one of ours, and that ends up being wrong, you deserve to be talked down to because you're a terrible fan and demonstrate that you're not capable of reasonable discussion.

There were lots of folks I disagreed with on Diallo that I respect immensely, and it never got ugly because they aren't terrible. But there's no place here for the constant whining and pot stirring. You'll notice those folks have been absent since.

Wonder what changed? Think they're suddenly busy?

But by all means, defend them. Just don't be surprised if it results in no one engaging you in actual productive conversation. But then, you took my reply in this thread and started throwing darts, so maybe you're not interested in that in the first place.

I've had a ton of good conversation with lots of nice folks here, and will continue to. I don't need your advice nor do I need your irrelevant opinion or you're little "what was your last username", immature nonsense.. You're insufferable with you opinions. Welcome to ignore. Life's too short for people like you.

Last edited:

IceBrewedColdDoggy or something like that?

Reactions: GonzoCat90
ADVERTISEMENT