ADVERTISEMENT

Cal can throw all the shade he wants…

ALL4UK

Sophomore
Mar 16, 2007
…but how can he blame anyone else for his inability to coach some of the most talented teams year after year after year… Good riddance and I really don’t care if he never wins another game. His huge ego and failure to put KENTUCKY basketball first over getting players to the NBA is why he is no longer the coach. He could have had all the things he’s crying about now if he remembered what he was getting paid to do here at Kentucky.

Cal lost his way after some of his incredible early years.

At one point he lit a fire under his own ass and had an incredible 38-0 season, but when Bo Ryan snipped his nuts, he NEVER recovered.

He had some incredible talent and never found a way to make it work again.

GOOD EFFING RIDDANCE.

…but how can he blame anyone else for his inability to coach some of the most talented teams year after year after year… Good riddance and I really don’t care if he never wins another game. His huge ego and failure to put KENTUCKY basketball first over getting players to the NBA is why he is no longer the coach. He could have had all the things he’s crying about now if he remembered what he was getting paid to do here at Kentucky.
Exactly!!!

He was the same as fired. He wore out his welcome with everyone and was surprised that Mitch and the fans were done with him. The farewell video was as close to him being humble as I have seen since his introductory press conference way back when. To avoid this, someone should have convinced the emperor a long time ago that he wasn’t wearing any clothes.

At the end of the day, talk is cheap. Those who are serious about winning do very little talking — they just go out and handle their business, and let the results speak.

The last 5 years Cal has done a lot of talking. It appears he’s continuing that at Arkansas (free to do my own NIL now, blah blah) but none of it means a damn thing if you don’t win and win big.

... the next 5 years for Cal will be constant daily reminder to him of all the squandered opportunity at UK. I absolutely and forever more LOVE ARKANSAS. UK owes them such a huge debt ... well beyond $33 million.

Time to stop bashing Cal. He's gone. Let's move on.
Agreed! I look forward to the day he retires and we can give him his love In Rupp when his name goes in the Rafters. (While he’s coaching Arkansas, I’ll hope he loses every game and fails miserably🤷‍♂️)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT