ADVERTISEMENT

Cal and Perry

Cal is a dipshit. Perry will flourish under Pope's guidance. He is so much better off that Cal left.

He's a snob and a taker that gives almost nothing of his own to anyone unless it is for his glory or benefit.

Some people buy the shtick, but the truth is he hasn't made anyone more money than they wouldn't already make without him. He HAS however cost quite a few people money that might have gone to the league well prepared for a future there, but after selling them on his "plan" for them he gave up on them very quickly. They were a means to an end. We all were. That's how things work for him

He tried his best to keep Reed on the bench, but couldn't. He did manage to keep him from setting some records while he was here. He thinks the world of himself, and only loves you if you can keep reinforcing that image.

I still can't believe he BRAGGED about "not giving up on Edwards," as if that should EVER have been an option, and as if using the bench as a tool now and then is somehow "giving up on him." That's some pretty next level asholery to say something like that.

I don't get how parents of players can't read that and go, "Wtf, if he's bragging that he didn't give up on Edwards, then he must have given up on others. Is that going to happen to my kid if he isnt projected in the first round?"

He is a bucket, but he ain't Reed in any way, shape, or form

Reed has some hops etc that Perry does not have. Perry has been a better high school shooter than Reed & it's not even close. Obviously they have different games.

I'll hold judgment as to what I think Perry will be next year. No one...absolutely NO ONE, including Reed & his parents, expected him to do what he did this year. It was thought he'd come tribute some as a role player this year & have a larger role in year 2. SURPRISE!!

TravisP isn't ReedS. Totally different people and players. To say they're the same is to set unrealistic expectations on/for both. Not very respectful of either as a person or player. Jmo though

Cal gave an obligatory scholarship to appease boosters. Perry was headed to Purdue. Once he accepted the offer, they didn’t give Perry the time of day. Glad he had some foresight and he’s here. He’ll be a good fit for Pope’s style.
I call BS on this info. I can’t remember Pilgrim or anyone getting something right. I know for a fact that Cal visited Perry several times after his commitment. Doesn’t make sense at all.

Reactions: thedahc and UKortho
Cal told Perry he wouldn’t play but Perry did not care. Cal told him not to come, Perry said he’d force Cal to play him….. unbelievable
Probably the way ccc thought of Sheppard until he outplayed his 5 star guys.

I can't see any coach saying this to a prospective recruit. I can hear that in a meeting AFTER a season when they are on campus but usually what is said in recruiting is "I can't guarantee playing time or that you'll play right away, you'll have to compete, etc....." and it's said to EVERYONE including guys of Anthony Davis or John Wall's stature even though we know they are going to be playing right away.

Travis, his dad, Cal & Coach A spent some good amount of time talking at Hoop Fest & looking like they were having good conversation. I don’t think they would be all smiles & lengthy convo if just an obligatory scholly. Maybe a handshake/pat on the back how ya doing buddy if that was the case

If this is true, then why was Cal in Dawson Springs, KY to watch Perry even after Perry had accepted the scholly?
Why WASNT he or anyone from the staff at Rupp for Perry’s state title game? Ain’t like they were busy since they’d just got their ass beat by Oakland.

This is not the first person I’ve heard this from, regarding the OP’s post. Kal absolutely didn’t care about Perry. Just like he didn’t care about Allen. Hell he didn’t even want to recruit Reed for the longest time. He’s a POS.

I think we're going to be hearing many stories where we start even wondering if he was a decent person.
That started with me when there was zero push for his former players who have made billions to donate a ****ing dime to NIL, but expected fans and local businesses to do it themselves

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT