ADVERTISEMENT

Cal and Kentucky ''evolving'' to make mental health more a priority

Every generation is a mixed bag. It is a good thing for people to know they can admit they are not okay and get help. The idea is to ultimately keep people alive, healthy and working towards their potential. Everything is not an excuse to get out of work.

I wonder if their mental health takes a beating by all of his incoherent yelling, rambling, pulling them after the littlest of mistakes, never knowing their roles bc he cant identify what they should be and has no idea how to put them in a situation to succeed?
But hey, they aren’t robots, it’s tough to play here, the expectations, fans make it hard on them etc etc etc. Cal just needs to figure coaching. It would solve 99% of the problems in this program.

I think I would argue that people are just becoming aware of things we have ignored for decades. It's okay to have good mental health and to talk with someone once in a while when things get too much. That wasn't something that was encouraged when I grew up in the 80s, but it makes sense now. There is nothing soft about the process of unloading garbage you collect every day.

Your second point? Probably.

Maybe being able to control yourself plays into it too, and no is not a bad word. More and more "people" do not like nor do they accept the word "no". It does get mental ...

Not accepting a normal thing tends to make one a little more out of touch. No one seems to stop when told to stop ...

I know, the first rebuttal....."What's normal?"...🙄

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
There been like 8 suicides on NC State campus the past 18 months. So yes, very important!
That’s sad. I remember hearing about suicides on campus back when I was in school and it was somewhat scary. Rumors would circulate and you just didn’t know what happened.

Now you hear of these suicide and it’s just sad. As someone one who has fought intrusive thoughts like that, it upsets me a bit to hear those. I’ve been there and I’ve never been more scared in my life.

Mental health is real. And it’s more than just being soft folks. Tell that to our veterans that struggle. They aren’t being soft. Tell that to the people who like me took care of their parents or a loved one by themselves with little to no support. We’re not soft.

Sure. There are some of all generations who whine and seek attention, but when someone genuinely says, “Hey man. My brain is not right today.” Or “I’m not feeling great mentally right now” try to have some empathy. After I lost my mom, I didn’t get out of bed for a day and a half. I’ve NEVER been that. Even if I liked to sleep I. On weekends. My Brian and body just said “No”.

It’s real. And depression can sneak up on you at any time. And once it gets you, even if you win from time to time, it can come back.

Men especially feel like they can’t show weakness or ask for help. Don’t. Asking for help is not weakness…it’s wisdom. Not a single damn one of us are immune to depression or anxiety. I NEVER had anxiety a day in my life until I lost my dog after losing losing my mom. The house was empty and dead. And let me tell you, when you realize you’re alone like that? Anxiety comes in real damn quick.

Men, don’t ever be afraid to reach out and ask for help.

https://988lifeline.org/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=onebox

That’s sad. I remember hearing about suicides on campus back when I was in school and it was somewhat scary. Rumors would circulate and you just didn’t know what happened.

Now you hear of these suicide and it’s just sad. As someone one who has fought intrusive thoughts like that, it upsets me a bit to hear those. I’ve been there and I’ve never been more scared in my life.

Mental health is real. And it’s more than just being soft folks. Tell that to our veterans that struggle. They aren’t being soft. Tell that to the people who like me took care of their parents or a loved one by themselves with little to no support. We’re not soft.

Sure. There are some of all generations who whine and seek attention, but when someone genuinely says, “Hey man. My brain is not right today.” Or “I’m not feeling great mentally right now” try to have some empathy. After I lost my mom, I didn’t get out of bed for a day and a half. I’ve NEVER been that. Even if I liked to sleep I. On weekends. My Brian and body just said “No”.

It’s real. And depression can sneak up on you at any time. And once it gets you, even if you win from time to time, it can come back.

Men especially feel like they can’t show weakness or ask for help. Don’t. Asking for help is not weakness…it’s wisdom. Not a single damn one of us are immune to depression or anxiety. I NEVER had anxiety a day in my life until I lost my dog after losing losing my mom. The house was empty and dead. And let me tell you, when you realize you’re alone like that? Anxiety comes in real damn quick.

Men, don’t ever be afraid to reach out and ask for help.

https://988lifeline.org/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=onebox
Trauma like yours is a helluva thing. It isn’t easy to sort out or deal with, and being alone to deal with it is the worst.

Hope you’re doing okay or are on the path of getting there. I’m sure you have your days. Been there and still there, sadly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT