ADVERTISEMENT

Cal’s most recent tweet

You realize his account is run by someone else right? He doesn’t send these tweets out. Plenty to be mad about without searching for new things.
So he has a photographer follow him around when he goes to boxing matches, baseball games, the beach to take pics and tweet about it?
Get real!
Someone taking pics in his house of Ellen and sending out bday tweets to his family?

Cal is the king of trolls lol. You have to give him that.

I won't blame any decent coach that turns down this position when it does come open. Cal has struggled lately but damn he's done a lot for the state and cares about his former players. I feel like way too many fans make Kentucky basketball too important in their lives. It's just a game and at the end of the day are some bragging rights worth the stress you put on yourself? Breathe fellas

Yea,how dare Cal be proud of his players accomplishments! What a heathern!

#ourfansaresadanddumb

Reactions: awf
Congratulations to all of the former Cats that made the all star team. The most from one school in NBA history. Yeah I know all of the we shoulda coulda with the talent but take this for what it is and congrats to them.

I won't blame any decent coach that turns down this position when it does come open. Cal has struggled lately but damn he's done a lot for the state and cares about his former players. I feel like way too many fans make Kentucky basketball too important in their lives. It's just a game and at the end of the day are some bragging rights worth the stress you put on yourself? Breathe fellas
Much of what you say is true. Cal has done a lot for the state. Ultimately though he wasn't hired at UK to be a social worker( laudable though that field may be) he was hired to coach the University of Kentucky Basketball Team . At UK that means win and win big. Cal has not been doing that in a while. People are just sick of it. This year he has run out of excuses

So he has a photographer follow him around when he goes to boxing matches, baseball games, the beach to take pics and tweet about it?
Get real!
Someone taking pics in his house of Ellen and sending out bday tweets to his family?
U like him? Dude blows. 9 mil a year and doesn’t think to put the ball in 1 of 2 best shooters in uk history hands. Lame carnival barker pos

Omg!!!! A coach who is happy for his former players….. how dare he 🙄🙄
I don’t think anyone is outraged that cal cares about his former players, it’s that cal is more into his players in the NBA and getting others there than he is of actually coaching his team to the best of his ability. His primary focus this year has been on Wagner/bradshaw/and Edwards since they were his 3 highest rated recruits and hence all 3 started all year (when available) until this past week. It is very easy to see that other players are ahead of all 3 of them yet have continued to play behind them. Cal sees these guys in practice every day and has for months so cal either has an agenda or he sucks at his job when it comes to player evaluation. Take your pick!!!

michael-keaton-hand-job.gif

It’s getting to the point that Cal is disliked just as much as ole’ Billy Clyde. I think it’s a coin toss on who was hated the most between those two at this point in time. I’m proud and happy for the success that players from our program are having in the NBA. I understand our fans being upset with all the NBA talk considering how things have been recently. Can’t fault anyone for being upset that doesn’t go overboard with it.

Reactions: Samurai Cat
It’s getting to the point that Cal is disliked just as much as ole’ Billy Clyde. I think it’s a coin toss on who was hated the most between those two at this point in time. I’m proud and happy for the success that players from our program are having in the NBA. I understand our fans being upset with all the NBA talk considering how things have been recently. Can’t fault anyone for being upset that doesn’t go overboard with it.
Billy wasn't hated.
He wasn't here long enough to build up hatered.
Shocked at how inept he was maybe.

This makes me happy tbh. I’m happy for our former players.

Maxey also dropped 51 tonight after being named to his first all star team in a big win without joel embiid as well.

No matter the state of the program it’s just hard for me to not be excited for our former players. Maxey is a great guy too. If you have kids that you enjoy UK basketball with that’s a dude they can look up to. BBN is certainly well represented in the nba.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT