ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark finally broke the record.

Can you hit a shot from 35 feet?

"He was so hot I thought he was was going to burn the gym down... I’ve never seen anything like it. They were not just three-pointers, they were NBA three-pointers.”

Well, that's me. So uhhhhhh, yea I can buddy lmao

• Love
Reactions: Marleydogg
If you can’t see the effort this season to combine the men’s and women’s games under one umbrella, you’re either dense or living under a rock. From combined scores on the front page (Wow, South Carolina beat North Carolina tonight!!! Oh wait, that’s a women’s game 🙄), to the “all-time wins record”, to Clark’s record (does anyone know the name of the former women’s scoring leader?).

More likely, those who are ignoring the effort actually support it, and the erasure of traditional gender norms altogether.

"He was so hot I thought he was was going to burn the gym down... I’ve never seen anything like it. They were not just three-pointers, they were NBA three-pointers.”

Well, that's me. So uhhhhhh, yea I can buddy lmao
That was 20+ years ago. She would beat your ass now.

If you can’t see the effort this season to combine the men’s and women’s games under one umbrella, you’re either dense or living under a rock. From combined scores on the front page (Wow, South Carolina beat North Carolina tonight!!! Oh wait, that’s a women’s game 🙄), to the “all-time wins record”, to Clark’s record (does anyone know the name of the former women’s scoring leader?).

More likely, those who are ignoring the effort actually support it, and the erasure of traditional gender norms altogether.
So, having women's scores on the front page bothers you? Why?

That was 20+ years ago. She would beat your ass now.
Lol I won't argue that. But she's in her prime, and my body is breaking down. But you asked if I can hit a 35 footer. Yes man, I could do that with ease and would match her shot for shot even today.

I'm all for it--now dump Title IX and forced bull***t like combined Big Blue Madness. Let the women have their day/time and give the men an actual event so the fans don't have to fake enjoying the BS presented by the schools. The Kentucky fans then can show up on time knowing they will see what they wanted to see instead of pretending to care and think it's equality.

Clark doing her thing is great. She's a talented player and if she's getting attention that's cool. Best thing for those of us who don't really follow the sport is she'll be in the WNBA, forgotten and nobody will care when she's promoted as a Pro.

Lol I won't argue that. But she's in her prime, and my body is breaking down. But you asked if I can hit a 35 footer. Yes man, I could do that with ease and would match her shot for shot even today.
I'd take you for the win. Most women's teams practice against guys who wouldn't be picked in a 50 and over league to help them get ready for women's opponents. At some point we'll see people quit pretending this is an equality issue and just talk reality. It's a different sport entirely and that's fine. Selling/promoting it as the same has been horrendous business model for the WNBA and will continue to be.

I'd take you for the win. Most women's teams practice against guys who wouldn't be picked in a 50 and over league to help them get ready for women's opponents. At some point we'll see people quit pretending this is an equality issue and just talk reality. It's a different sport entirely and that's fine. Selling/promoting it as the same has been horrendous business model for the WNBA and will continue to be.
Exactly right man... See my post earlier about watching Samantha Logic's private workout 10 years ago. I've never seen such piss poor skill in my life. If we celebrate her for being a great women's player, none of us would care. But the Leftist media wants to pretend that girls like Logic and Caitlyn Clark could hold their own in the NBA or something. It's an f'ing joke.

I will say that this is NOT a new thing this season, at least as far as Disney/ ABC/ ESPN.

They've been confusing me on the ticker for years, when I'm actually watching a game and see some crazy score or upset out of the corner of my eye only to realize it's women's b-ball. Lol.

Personal anecdote, I played on a late night Lexington restaurant league about 20byears ago. Gym, coaches, refs playoffs 16 teams. I didn't start. My roommate was dating a girl who played at EKU, and she always talked trash, so we played 1 on 1 to 11, standard rules.

I won 11-3.

• Haha
Reactions: bIhawk
I live in Iowa City and once watched Samantha Logic workout (1st team AA, Big 10 POY, top 5 WNBA draft pick). In a one-on-zero drill, she missed three straight layups then had a hissy fit about it. It was the most appalling display of basketball ineptitude I've witnessed in my cotton picking life.... So yea, I think that most physically healthy dudes on this board could roll out of bed and bust Caitlyn Clark's ass.
I think you just made both of my points. As a side note, I don't know why I hate the word "dude" so much when referring to men. Must be a generational thing. Makes me think of some beau-hunk who needed help in English 101. Just ruminating.

Both athletes competed under the same umbrella organization. Both were NCAA athletes. It shouldn’t be a shock to you or anyone else that the media, who only cares about clicks, would report on this story. The Japanese comparison doesn’t make much sense.

It feels like it should be a pretty simple and understood concept that there should be some celebration of her without taking anything away from Pistol Pete. What’s the alternative? Should her scoring just simply be ignored? If not how do you suggest we recognize it? Maybe a one giant asterisk party for her?

Is it impossible just to celebrate her and the sport she plays without pretending her record relates to Maravich and the sport he played? She did not break his record. She broke the record for most points scored in women’s basketball. That is an awesome accomplishment.

If someone, however, in the WNBA scores more points than LeBron, will we make a big deal when she eclipses his record?

We can see in this thread who will and who will simply celebrate the player for the actual accomplishment she achieved.

Reactions: Lempface
I dont understand the logic.

Pete played 3 seasons.

Clark played 4.

Pete played against men, Clark plays against women.

If it's the same why don't we have co ed teams and one league? Could it be because Clark wouldn't make the cut and it would be all males?
PP averaged 44 PPG and CC averaged 28. Enough said. Love both players though.

Exactly right man... See my post earlier about watching Samantha Logic's private workout 10 years ago. I've never seen such piss poor skill in my life. If we celebrate her for being a great women's player, none of us would care. But the Leftist media wants to pretend that girls like Logic and Caitlyn Clark could hold their own in the NBA or something. It's an f'ing joke.
My niece played for a power up in MN that routinely went to the State Tournament. The best player on the team signed with Clemson out of HS and shot 28% from the field as a HS player. She had great numbers but her reb totals were based on missing layups/going back up. It's an entirely different sport that media has made some odd agenda to promote as superior/ bare minimum equal to men's game.

My question to teams who play Clark-why don't they pick her up full court and just stay attached to her? They let her bring it up without pressure and even if she gets by you, she'd have to run the entire game and you wear her down and in the half court, they'll rotate off her when ball is being moved, why? Minute she passes--let one of those other players beat you. Too many paint by numbers coaching methods in the women's game IMO

Lots of dudes in this thread showing their pimply asses for no reason.

Caitlin Clark is a badass and would destroy any one of us in a game of 1 on 1 like 21-0

I actually bet there's a few people here who would beat her in their prime.

Not me, of course.. My basketball career peaked in 6th grade CYO lol.

Brother you would destroy her today and don't let these simps talk you out of it. It's perfectly noble to let them enjoy their sport and cheer for them but women's basketball is not basketball and it's not anywhere close to it. One of my best friends was playing pick-up ball at Henry Clay one day when he was in high school and someone brought the UK women's team by, asked if the high schoolers playing pick-up would scrimmage them to hone their skills. Those guys weren't on the high school team because they weren't good enough. But they wiped the floor with that women's team. It wasn't even close any set they played. I'm sure there are different levels of college basketball even in Div 1 with women just like there are with men and I'm sure that Caitlyn's crew is somewhat better than our average women's team here at UK. But let's let any female basketball player ever in history defeat ONE halfway decent dude in any context before we start letting dudes like this get away with blowing this level of smoke up our asses.

83 games- over 1100 points each season

130 games- 1 of 4 seasons over 1000 points

Think about that for a second...... if he played 47 more games he would have scored, going by his average, 2068 more points for 5735 total points.

Last edited:
Not to be a smart ass, or down play the girls achievements. however lets either take away a point for every 3 pointer she made. or go back and plot the shot pistol took and any outside the 3 point line add him a point. BIG DIFFERENCE. To me Pistol Pete will always be the points leader.
Pistol Pete jacked up 40 shots per game. IIRC, he took more than half of his team’s shots in an entire season, to be fair. Appreciate her greatness.

I’m curious what sport(s) you think the top female athletes are playing? My daughter was active in sports growing up and, from what I observed, basketball and soccer were the two most popular physical sports on the women’s side. Sure, you have cheerleading and dancing but the top athletes in those are not typically going to transition well to basketball. There is also softball and field hockey, both of which seemed to have a much smaller following.

On the men’s side basketball competes with football, which doesn’t apply on the women’s side. Also, soccer continues to grow in the US.
Mens basketball is more comparable to womens basketball because…well it’s basketball.

Football stands on its own.

If the NBA is going to keep a 3-point competition like Curry vs Ionescu every year going forward, then I wouldn't be surprised if they don't ride the Clark momentum next year vs the reigning 3-point champion Damian Lillard. I know people criticized it like everything else. To be honest, most probably did not even watch this year's based on how many that have to let us know they never watch the NBA.

Clark is a great player an will haveca great career. but the folks saying she's best women's college player ever are funny as she's not..

To be honest, most probably did not even watch this year's based on how many that have to let us know they never watch the NBA.
Just letting you know....
I never watch the NBA.
Just letting you know...
I also never watch the NBA.

It's a woke ass, overly politicized organization populated by despicable people who are openly hostile to it's fanbase.

women's basketball is not basketball and it's not anywhere close to it.
It literally is basketball though. The sport they're playing is basketball. If you want to say it's unwatchable, go for it, but saying basketball isn't basketball and not anywhere close to it is like some sort of dumb riddle.

Also, I haven't a clue if anyone here or everyone here could destroy her in a game of one on one...but I know it's typical of older guys on message boards to talk themselves into a frenzy of believing they can do anything, including crush a D1 athlete in the sport said athlete is elite in. Everyone here apparently knows more than Cal, can host a more successful radio show than KSR, and would embarrass Clark to the point of her running home to mommy. How about we stop pretending we're badasses in everything?

Look up rose Johnson, Vermont trans high school player.

Let's see what happens when some actual talented males start infiltrating women's ball, shall we? 🤔

It literally is basketball though. The sport they're playing is basketball. If you want to say it's unwatchable, go for it, but saying basketball isn't basketball and not anywhere close to it is like some sort of dumb riddle.

Also, I haven't a clue if anyone here or everyone here could destroy her in a game of one on one...but I know it's typical of older guys on message boards to talk themselves into a frenzy of believing they can do anything, including crush a D1 athlete in the sport said athlete is elite in. Everyone here apparently knows more than Cal, can host a more successful radio show than KSR, and would embarrass Clark to the point of her running home to mommy. How about we stop pretending we're badasses in everything?

How about you stop being a Hall Monitor in every thread, instead?

How about you stop being a Hall Monitor in every thread, instead?
Or I will keep on expressing my opinion. Stop taking everything so personally because we disagree on politics. Some of you on the Paddock follow me from thread to thread trying to get my attention. It's weird. I already have a few of ya on ignore. Go to the park, make a few friends.

• Haha
I know it's typical of older guys on message boards to talk themselves into a frenzy of believing they can do anything, including crush a D1 athlete in the sport said athlete is elite in.
No, just in this one instance... I've concluded an average high major girl is equivalent to a boys JV player at an average school. While an elite lady like Clark would top out making an average varsity team but only as a benchwarmer.

Let's live in reality, please. Women have wider hips to facilitate childbirth. Wider hips=less smooth movement. That's why women players look so pathetically awkward out there. Thanks to being hunter-gatherers, men also evolved brains with higher spatial intelligence. Spatial intelligence=better passing/court awareness. Those are just two examples.

Simply put, there's no group on the planet that are worse at one single activity than women are at basketball. Blind people are better readers than women are basketball players.

• Haha
Reactions: Marleydogg
No, just in this one instance... I've concluded an average high major girl is equivalent to a boys JV player at an average school. While an elite lady like Clark would top out making an average varsity team but only as a benchwarmer.

Let's live in reality, please. Women have wider hips to facilitate childbirth. Wider hips=less smooth movement. That's why women players look so pathetically awkward out there. Thanks to being hunter-gatherers, men also evolved brains with higher spatial intelligence. Spatial intelligence=better passing/court awareness. Those are just two examples.

Simply put, there's no group on the planet that are worse at one single activity than women are at basketball. Blind people are better readers than women are basketball players.
Hey, I'd love to see if you can match her shot for shot. Maybe in between complaining about woke this and that on the internet you can try. At the end of the day, I usually don't pay much attention to those who use the internet to brag about abilities they claim to have. Maybe you'd crush her, even today. Maybe she'd embarrass you. But logic will always tell me to roll my eyes at those who brag, or act like they know more than everyone else, the loudest. Have a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT