ADVERTISEMENT

C-Rod picked by Washington

I used to like the Redskins until they caved and changed the name... They can suck it for all I care... But I hope CRod kills it there...

GBB
Agree. To give in to anti American scum that wants to change America instead of helping to make it better is hard to root for. Hopefully they can get their true name back some day.

I used to like the Redskins until they caved and changed the name... They can suck it for all I care... But I hope CRod kills it there...

GBB
Some of my earliest memories of life are of Sonny Jurgensen, Charly Taylor, Larry Brown and that group. Would watch any other team in the NFL now than them and I couldn't give a crap less if they ever win another game in my lifetime.

Speculation is out there that the new ownership group may go back to the old team name. If not that they will most definitely be dumping the dumb "commander" moniker.

Reactions: HeartofUlis
Speculation is out there that the new ownership group may go back to the old team name. If not that they will most definitely be dumping the dumb "commander" moniker.
Speculation where? They might change it but not to the Redskins.

Some of my earliest memories of life are of Sonny Jurgensen, Charly Taylor, Larry Brown and that group. Would watch any other team in the NFL now than them and I couldn't give a crap less if they ever win another game in my lifetime.
Sonny was a character. A reporter made a remark about his stomach because he did not appear to be in good physical shape. Sonny said, "I don't throw with my stomach." Sonny was strictly a pocket passer. He said they had a big lead on a team, and he ran the ball for a few yards. A big ugly lineman said, You are trying to embarass us. " You come across that line again and I can end your career for a fifteen yard penalty " He said he handed off the rest of the game.

Growing up in Georgia in the 50s, our NFL tv team was the Refskins. Eddie Lebaron and Hugh “Bones” Taylor. But the Packers were my team as Zeke Bratkowski from UGA was their QB

I personally thought the Washington Football Team was the best name.
Agreed.

I hear they tried to change the name to the rednecks, the deliverance, the crackers, and the whiteys, but kept getting negative feedback from certain folks, groups, and companies like that one sunblock company; John Boorman and Warner Brothers; Ritz, Town House, and Zesta; and White Castle, respectively. I don't get why they took exception to any of those options, but it is what it is. Still love me some white castle tho.

Sonny Jurgenson and the beer gut that wouldn’t quit!! Passing was super accurate

t_39971.jpg

Reactions: Ky grandpa
-Illini, chiefs, braves, Seminoles, Utes, Chippewas et al...these are honoring first nations history/peoples. Redskins is objectively ****ed up.

-moving on...really glad CROD got the opportunity, one of my all time favorite cats.

-moving on...really glad CROD got the opportunity, one of my all time favorite cats.

Agree 100%, personally would rank him in the top 3 or 4 RBs at UK ever. I knew Snell would never be a big star in the NFL, but think that C Rod might surprise some people, if given a fair chance.

Regional NFL Fandom has some interesting locations. My uncles and lots of older people in the Louisville area are huge Cleveland Brown fans - because that was the closest team for yrs, and was on TV weekly.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Regional NFL Fandom has some interesting locations. My uncles and lots of older people in the Louisville area are huge Cleveland Brown fans - because that was the closest team for yrs, and was on TV weekly.
My Dad and Grandad picked up the Bengals, but never gave up the Browns completely... until they became the Ravens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT