ADVERTISEMENT

BYU Practice

I always liked the ones in their car. LMAO

Why did you say that with a verb in past tense???

I just saw someone within the past couple of weeks still wearing one alone in their car.

I’ve seen multiple people around town here in Tallahassee wearing them. Literally 2 days ago, a young couple walked past me in a parking lot, and the lady was masked.

Blows my mind.

Why did you say that with a verb in past tense???

I just saw someone within the past couple of weeks still wearing one alone in their car.

I’ve seen multiple people around town here in Tallahassee wearing them. Literally 2 days ago, a young couple walked past me in a parking lot, and the lady was masked.

Blows my mind.
Embarrasing.

I wish they’d flex a little more on the offensive end after a dunk. How can you play defense if you’re not giving the opponent an intimidating flex to shock them back a few steps?
The only problem I saw with it was they were in constant motion and catching every pass facing the basket in triple threat position instead of running around useless screens and catching all risk no reward passes moving away from the basket like they should be doing….or at least that’s how I was taught it should be the last 15 years.

Now floppy action is bad? Tell me you don’t know basketball without saying you don’t know basketball.
When it’s 90% of your offense; yes. It’s a tool. It shouldn’t be the whole toolbox.

We get it. You’re excited for the glitz and glam and the hope that it all clicks bc talent can often win out. But there are endless comments from opposing coaches over the last 5 years commenting on how easy Kentucky/Cal was to prepare for defensively bc it’s simple and largely the same concepts for the last 20 years. We’ve also seen how poorly he adapts to playing against anything other than man2man. It took us 3/4 of the game to put a shooter in the corner against a 1-3-1 D; and the only attempt to beat it was high post action

Reactions: BigKari
When it’s 90% of your offense; yes. It’s a tool. It shouldn’t be the whole toolbox.

We get it. You’re excited for the glitz and glam and the hope that it all clicks bc talent can often win out. But there are endless comments from opposing coaches over the last 5 years commenting on how easy Kentucky/Cal was to prepare for defensively bc it’s simple and largely the same concepts for the last 20 years. We’ve also seen how poorly he adapts to playing against anything other than man2man. It took us 3/4 of the game to put a shooter in the corner against a 1-3-1 D; and the only attempt to beat it was high post action
We were 6th in the country in offensive efficiency last year, 36th in 2023, 10th in 2022, bad in 21, and 44th in 2020. What coach said we were easy to prepare for defensively?

If you think we used floppy action 90% of the time you might not know what floppy action is. I’m guessing this is something Matt Jones claimed and the fanbase adopted. We used it for Antonio Reeves mostly and rarely anyone else, I wished we used it more in the last 5 years besides to when we needed to close out games. We ran a lot of dribble drive, horns and box sets, our offense wasn’t anywhere close to 90% dribble drive.

Some of the best offense coaches run their offense primarily out of floppy like Steve Kerr, Dan Hurley, and that Mark Pope fella.

Last edited:
I had to take a covid test for work and stopped at the bank right after getting the "all good". The bank made me wear a mask to enter even though I had the paper in my hand that said I didn't have the coof. LOL. I can't believe how we acted.
The mask was the bare minimum dude, good lord. It was like a liability thing really, gotta at least act like you’re trying. Masks worked brilliantly in Korea though because people kept them on and didn’t act like baby back bitches about it. China was nailing people’s doors shut without food. Be thankful for where you live.

We were 6th in the country in offensive efficiency last year, 36th in 2023, 10th in 2022, bad in 21, and 44th in 2020. What coach said we were easy to prepare for defensively?

If you think we used floppy action 90% of the time you might not know what floppy action is. I’m guessing this is something Matt Jones claimed and the fanbase adopted. We used it for Antonio Reeves mostly and rarely anyone else, I wished we used it more in the last 5 years besides to when we needed to close out games. We ran a lot of dribble drive, horns and box sets, our offense wasn’t anywhere close to 90% dribble drive.

Some of the best offense coaches run their offense primarily out of floppy like Steve Kerr, Dan Hurley, and that Mark Pope fella.
As far as efficiency last season, thank Coach Welch.
You think with the top class or the top 5 recruiting classes in 2021 thru 2023, the offense would have been better than 36th, 44th, and bad! Relying on a mostly freshmen dominated team to carry the offensive/defensive load and win regular season and tournament games has proven not to be the right formula for success. Think that ship has now landed in Arkansas. Hallelujah!

Last edited:
Reactions: ORCAT10
The mask was the bare minimum dude, good lord. It was like a liability thing really, gotta at least act like you’re trying. Masks worked brilliantly in Korea though because people kept them on and didn’t act like baby back bitches about it. China was nailing people’s doors shut without food. Be thankful for where you live.
Masks don’t stop respiratory viruses.

As far as efficiency last season, thank Coach Welch.
You think with the top class or the top 5 recruiting classes in 2021 thru 2023, the offense would have been better than 36th, 44th, and bad! Relying on a mostly freshmen dominated team to carry the offensive/defensive load and win regular season and tournament games has proven not to be the right formula for success. Think that ship has now landed in Arkansas. Hallelujah!
I was talking about floppy action, I’m not obsessed with Arkansas or their coach. Everything doesn’t revolve around them.

Masks don’t stop respiratory viruses.
Nobody ever claimed they were 100% effective. “Masks stop respiratory illness” is absolute claim, which is naturally avoided in medicine and public health matters. So you’re technically correct. It was always about mitigation and it’s absolutely wild that some people are so thick they still can’t understand that.

• Love
Reactions: UK-chulo
It’s off topic but it drove me crazy to have to wear a mask while standing in a restaurant but can remove it when seated. Like the virus only travels at around 5 to 6 ft up 😂. I know you have to remove to eat, my point is why wear them at all? Common sense was lost
Common sense is still lost on more than a few people still.

Nobody ever claimed they were 100% effective. “Masks stop respiratory illness” is absolute claim, which is naturally avoided in medicine and public health matters. So you’re technically correct. It was always about mitigation and it’s absolutely wild that some people are so thick they still can’t understand that.
Mask did nothing for this bug. Not one thing. Didn't slow the spread and didn't stop infection. It was just for show. No different than a cross in the middle ages.

Mask did nothing for this bug. Not one thing. Didn't slow the spread and didn't stop infection. It was just for show. No different than a cross in the middle ages.
Worked great in South Korea, a country with a much denser population, therefore more to lose. They complied with simple common sense mitigation measures, we did not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT