ADVERTISEMENT

BYU - Arizona St

Definitely like Pope’s offensive philosophy and even more his defensive one. Plays basically man to man but throws in 1-3-1, 2-3 zone and puts on a press when needed to change momentum. He should be on Barney’s list

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
33.8 seconds left and we have a fight with BYU up 77-49. BYU starters leave the bench to try to help stop the fight. BYU picked 13 out of 14th in the Big 12. I’m guessing they finish better then 13th

I love how they play in transition also. Several times I saw where his guys ran the floor and they all ran straight to the 3 point line, at an angle to where the outlet passer could still hit them with the pass. Sometimes they would catch the pass and stop on a dime and splash the 3. His guys are very well coached. Pope is an impressive coach IMO.

BYU won the title game tonight over NC State and is the nations leader at the moment averaging almost 13 - 3 pointers made per game.

He would be a very great candidate to be our next coach.

Go Cats!!!!
I love Pope. He’s been to 1 NCAA Tournament in 7 years and lost in the first round. He needs to have some postseason success before we would consider. I also wonder if he will be a BYU lifer if he’s successful.

There is a very good chance he will start the season 14-0 then they go to Baylor. I like the way they play. They beat a solid team NC State last night.

I love Pope. He’s been to 1 NCAA Tournament in 7 years and lost in the first round. He needs to have some postseason success before we would consider. I also wonder if he will be a BYU lifer if he’s successful.
Look up Cal and Pitino's first few years as coaches

Agreed. They spread the floor and shoot the 3. Averaging 95.5 PPG.
Dizzam get ‘em Pope. We all know he played in an era and team that utilitized possessions and the 3. Gold to see him still use it effectively. I hope he makes some noise and maybe a final 4 soon. I’d love to have a former Cat be a serious candidate But I’d love to see a good resume too.

Reactions: KT34
He would be a very great candidate to be our next coach.

Go Cats!!!!
Based on what exactly?

People love to give Gonzaga sh*t for playing in terrible conference. Well BYU has been in the same terrible conference and had 0 success. Let’s wait until he has ANY postseason success before giving him the keys to the kingdom.

Based on what exactly?

People love to give Gonzaga sh*t for playing in terrible conference. Well BYU has been in the same terrible conference and had 0 success. Let’s wait until he has ANY postseason success before giving him the keys to the kingdom.
BYU is in the Big 12 this season so they play KU and everyone else in that conference and are predicted to finish 13th out of 14 teams

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT