ADVERTISEMENT

Busy day at UT?

_ukcat

All-American
May 22, 2002
I was scrolling though Twitter feed and saw a comment that was linked to Twitter account of a Nashville sports radio commentator (Chad something) that it might be a "Busy day" at UT today. Now like anything on the Net who knows but it is interesting to think about.

live look in...

convicts.jpg

People are talking about rumors going around in vol land. The one I read was that butch Jones got a dui last night. Of course, take that with a grain of salt. We all know how rumors go especially like last year with stoops. People are getting angry and starting to spread things. Who knows.

People are talking about rumors going around in vol land. The one I read was that butch Jones got a dui last night. Of course, take that with a grain of salt. We all know how rumors go especially like last year with stoops. People are getting angry and starting to spread things. Who knows.
Can't blame him,the way things are going down there he needs a drink:cheers2:

Then that would be a huge change in the Knoxville police M.O. They carted Johnny Majors around from drunk to drunk for years.

I don't know if it's true about the DUI but if UT wanted to get rid of him I could see them having a police officer follow him around waiting for a reason to arrest him.

Well, if he did get a DUI wouldn't the KPD have to call him to ask what they should do next?

I thought it was fights breaking out among team members.

It really isnt unusual because competitive guys will always be pushing each other to take their spot.

All this silliness about Butch Jones . . . . I'm telling you, another 5 years in Knoxville is just what the doctor, prosecutor, judge and juries have ordered to put things right on the banks of the mighty, mighty Tennessee River.

Reactions: Big_Blue_Blaster
Apparently their was a major fight at practice, a couple players tweets seem to point to it.

IMHO, struggling doesn't create rumors, it creates people less willing to cover up and roll over on what they've heard and seen. BCG was abusing kids and getting sloshed in bars way before the NIT, but people were willing to keep it quiet for a year.

I think UT fans need to be a little more patient and tolerant of Coach Jones. He needs more time to build the program. He had a very hard job and many obstacles to overcome. You can't blame the players performance on him because he is trying his very best.

Reactions: blubo
I think UT fans need to be a little more patient and tolerant of Coach Jones. He needs more time to build the program. He had a very hard job and many obstacles to overcome. You can't blame the players performance on him because he is trying his very best.

It takes time to build a team full of life champions.

I wonder if Cholly Strong would've been any better than Botch at UT? I seem to remember it came down to those two and Strong turned it down. It looks like either way they would've been screwed.

I wonder if Cholly Strong would've been any better than Botch at UT? I seem to remember it came down to those two and Strong turned it down. It looks like either way they would've been screwed.

Charlie HAD to turn down one of the best jobs around because even Thug U couldn't stomach the biggest cheater in decades while the NCAA had their eye on him. hurtt was the NROTY at the U AND Transfer U-----NOT Charlie, (although hurtt would have fit in great there) but Charlie had to take him with him because of "other" reasons". Did Jones have any trouble recruiting in Knoxvlle?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT