ADVERTISEMENT

Burks

Burks is a working man’s Scottie Pippen.
Your reputation precedes you over on the Tennessee football forum.

E7-D9-EB33-2-EC0-4-C3-F-B6-BE-1-ACCE7827314.jpg

If he doesn't play and show enough to get drafted he will transfer. Haven't you been keeping up with how we roll around here?
That's reality for a lot of programs these days. the laisse-faire transfer rule (which I'm not 100% opposed to) helps contribute to that.

Love his potential. Could be a major surprise as a sophomore with a year of S&C under his belt.
With Mitchell not having any help early Burks should see meaningful minute. We might need Adou to guard the 5 some.. .He might put up a fight

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
One of the guys that continues to be behind 8 other guys because a couple of talent evaluators said he was only a 3 star.

Interesting. The only player that was highly ranked that plays over Burks is Edwards...Among the other wings/forwards, we have Reeves, Mitchell, and Thiero, none of whom were highly ranked.

Who would you play Burks over?

Interesting. The only player that was highly ranked that plays over Burks is Edwards...Among the other wings/forwards, we have Reeves, Mitchell, and Thiero, none of whom were highly ranked.

Without seeing them in practice don't know. Made that statement because a lot of people discussing minutes, starters and who the top eight will be, are saying he will not be one of the eight. They may be right, would just like to know the reason why some fans peg him as the eighth or ninth man even though he has gotten a lot of praise from not only the coaches but also the pro evaluators that has watched him.

Without seeing them in practice don't know. Made that statement because a lot of people discussing minutes, starters and who the top eight will be, are saying he will not be one of the eight. They may be right, would just like to know the reason why some fans peg him as the eighth or ninth man even though he has gotten a lot of praise from not only the coaches but also the pro evaluators that has watched him.

For me, it's the MPG in Canada. Burks got 17.5 MPG, just above Dillingham for 7th on the team. Then you factor in 1-3 big men joining the team, I would assume the minutes for Burks would drop further.

We will see Friday!

A WILDCAT TO KEEP AN EYE ON

What will you be watching most when UK takes the court tonight in Rupp Arena?

A look at D.J. Wagner and Justin Edwards against outside competition for the first time? Whether Rob Dillingham can turn in a repeat performance of his Blue-White Game showcase? Tre Mitchell playing the 5? Kentucky kid Reed Sheppard?

All will be intriguing, but I’ll have a close eye on Jordan Burks, the freshman guard turned backup center who all of a sudden finds himself in a position to make a real impact.

With UK’s trio of 7-footers sidelined — and Mitchell unable to hold down the paint for 40 minutes per game — Burks is likely to get a lot more run than expected in the early going. More of a perimeter player in high school, this will be a challenge for the 6-8 recruit, but it should make for a fun watch.

Burks is a bouncy prospect who should provide some highlight-reel plays, even if his time on the court is relatively brief. John Calipari has praised him for buying into the team approach and accepting his “out of position” role. Burks is saying the right things in front of the cameras, and, apparently, backing up that talk on the practice floor.

When he signed with UK in June, the recruiting analysts who watched him most said not to expect a whole lot (if anything) this season. The talent was there, but his game was unrefined.

How will he look against Georgetown College? We’ll soon find out.
- Ben Roberts, LHL.

Burks is gonna be right in the mix for playing time. Who knows when or if our bigs will actually play. We have some matchup nightmares for opponents with our small ball lineup. Let's Go!!!

If he can score, any one that struggles

Love seeing Burks step up to play the 5 while the 7 footers are out. Hopefully he can give us production like Marcus Lee 2014 NCAA Tournament while the 7 footers are out or in deep foul trouble situations.

One of the guys that continues to be behind 8 other guys because a couple of talent evaluators said he was only a 3 star.
I am not buying that recruiting rankings will have any bearing on how much Burks plays this year. Size and strength are the only things to hold him back as he is very athletic and does a lot of things very well.

Burks reminds me alot of Eric Daniels. Wasnt a big time recruit, but was a very solid player his whole time and got better each year.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I am not buying that recruiting rankings will have any bearing on how much Burks plays this year. Size and strength are the only things to hold him back as he is very athletic and does a lot of things very well.
Seems a bit gawky and awkward at times to me but potential is present. Wouldn’t trade him. Gonna be a good one

Seems a bit gawky and awkward at times to me but potential is present. Wouldn’t trade him. Gonna be a good one
I didn't necessarily mean I expect him to get major minutes. I just don't think HS rankings will have any bearing on what PT he ultimately gets.

Reactions: Kybluedude
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT